First of the Satyr? Edit
War of the Ancients Book 2: The Demon Soul
"Malfurion vaguely recalled from legend the creature whose shape [Xavius] now wore. Satyrs, they had been termed, magical demons of cunning and deadly mischief."
This seems to indicate that Xavius was not the first satyr.
--Xavius 05:11, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
- Possibly first of the "elven" satyrs.Baggins 05:19, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
What were the other satyrs then? --Xavius 08:19, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
Still reading the accounts mentioned in Dark FActions, but it also seems specific he was specifically the first of the satyr... It also implies that he had become a demon and corrupt before he died the first time, although at that point he hadn't yet become a satyr.Baggins (talk) 03:28, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- I confirm,he was the first on Azeroth:Archimonde says that the satyrs are the race who is more loyal to Sargeras in War of Ancients(while Xavius was comming)...wich that means that there were still some satyrs.
I thought I'd point out if people haven't read the citations in the article, but its implied in Shadows & Light, that Xavius has been seen after the War of the Ancients. Like all Eternals are capable of doing, he somehow regenerated apparently.Baggins 08:55, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Yes, proof that Xavius lives! <-- is happy. --) 17:51, 4 February 2008 (UTC)>
- Wrong. It is an adventure thing where they say you "may" run into Eternals, like Xavius. Rolandius (talk - contr) 06:15, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
First of the SatyrsEdit
Chaotic Evil Alignment? Edit
Some one with a Chaotic_evil alignment is one : "With the drive of pure hatred, the chaotic evil character will do whatever he can to attain his goals. He is bound by no laws, no master and no compassion. While unlikely to run down the street slaying innocents (chaotic evil does not mean stupid), this character would have no regrets about doing so."
- However if you look past the suggested definition of chaotic evil, to a more simple definition, Xavius is into chaotic deeds and is evil. Satyrs in general are chaotic.Baggins (talk) 12:03, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- Actually in the RPG its just a suggested definition. Actually if you read corebook itself you'll notice it stating that they are just suggested interpretations of the alignments, but not all who are of each alignment will fit neatly inside of the suggestion ("shades of grey...not a leash with which to chain them", "...not force characters into cookie-cutter molds", "...everyone is all differnet" etc). There are extended definitions given throughout the RPG, in the case of Shadows and light he's described as being a rather chaotic and evil character. Yet it also discusses his connection to his master Sargeras as well. Also most importantly "chaotic evil" is not a fan interpretation, its specifically listed in the rpg.Baggins (talk) 12:21, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
For the rpg game. BobNamataki 16:40, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Malufrion "destroys" Xavius in the first battle?Edit
Malfurion defeated Xavius just because of his friends' help, this is relevant.... i think it should be noticed. Can someone edit it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Malygos Helper (talk • contr).
The end of Stormrage(Novel)Edit
I should like to point out that Malfurion destroyed Xavius in the dream and in reality at the end of Stormrage and it was the essence of the Old God presumably that retreated to the Rift of Aln.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Syteless (talk • contr).
- The article lacks any info about his death -- likely due to spoiler issues, which has long passed now --, and as with the previous comment: if you believe it to be true, then you may edit it yourself.
- I've got the book, but i've not got round to reading any of the Warcraft novels or mangas since the Sunwell Trilogy, so i can't comment on the accuracy of either claim, but clearly Lon-ami thought differently to you. --
- <imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_talk.png%7CUser talk:Zealvurte</imagelink>
- I myself don't think he was destroyed, just banished or something like that. Anyway, I don't have any problem with changing his state from "alive" to "unknown". I read it more than a month ago and don't remember the details, but I don't recall him "dying". It wasn't very clear, anyway, and I think that they even mention later, after his defeat, that the "evil of Xavius still lurks at the Rift of Aln" or something like that.
- If you decide to note he was destroyed, don't forget to reference the page where it happened ;).--Lon-ami (talk) 14:34, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Xavius went through Demon Hunter RitualEdit
- Ummmmm... No. Just because one gains power from a demon doesn't make them a demon hunter. In fact, more often than not people who gain power from demons are allied with the demons rather than opposed to them. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 00:58, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Xavius' Tree? Edit
The wording is a little unclear in regards to Xavius' state in regards to the Nightmare. He became a tree (I know "the tree grew from him" but for simplicity's sake, he became a tree), I know that part. But did his tree body remain outside the Nightmare and was it a piece of that tree that Staghelm used? Or was it Xavius' Nightmare lord body within the Nightmare? MegaNerd18 (talk) 01:06, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
Xavius' tree in-game location. Edit
I know in lore it says xavius's tree was consumed by the sea in the sundering, but when questing on my alt in ashenvale at Xavian i found in the innermost part of the camp a Corrupted tree with a shrine like arrangement of bits of night elf architecture. Could this be it in game? Zefoxspell (talk)