"You will need 2 tanks, 3 healers, and then the 5 dps." My guild completed this boss with a group consisting of 1 tank 2 healers and 7 dps.. We're not a hardcore guild.. most of our gear is Naxx 25 / Naxx 10 / Heroics.. we've not even killed Sart 2D yet. Our set up was a tank () Priest healer and Shaman healer with 2 melee dps (paladins) and the rest ranged (1 hunter 2 mage 2 warlock). The tank taunted the pummelers when they arrive because as long as they are infront of a tank on 10 man, they won't hit for more than 1k and they barely hit at all.. When we tried with an off tank, the off tank was taking almost double damage from tantrum than he did from pummelers with 5 total by the time we wiped due to enrage.
Anybody know why this guy doesn't come up in searches? I've searched for XT, Deconstructor, XT-002, XT-002 Deconstructor... Nothing pops up any hits. I have to go to the Ulduar page and click on him from the raid box. Anyone have any ideas? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 05:46, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Hard Mode Edit
Deconstructor gets a 40% HP buff when you activate his Hard Mode, taking his total HP pool to 7mil/31.5mil (normal/heroic). Does this also increase his Heart's HP by the same percentage (to 2.1mil/14mil)? --Braindawg (talk) 17:03, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Since you have to kill the heart to enter hard mode, will it even come out anymore at that point? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 23:48, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Several of XT-002's abilities and statistics have been updated in recent hotfixes. These abilities include his lightbombs, gravity bombs, tantrums, health, enrage, and hard mode. The current information is not immediately obvious in tooltips and such, but fortunately that information is available within the next patch. The info on boss changes available in 3.1.2 are the currently active hotfixes. I've updated the wiki to include several aspects of these changes. Lucid003 (talk) 09:12, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
XT-002(or 1) Reconstructor Edit
Would it be worth noting that during the PTR that Blizzard created a pet that was known as the 'reconstructor', basically a gnome sized same model version of the XT-002 Deconstructor. It is apparent, at least at the moment, that it didn't make it into the live realms. But the trivia would be nice, wouldn't it? Gimme your response fellow folks. Bebuzzu of Stormwind (talk) 20:25, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- The 40 items required to create it got the best flavor text ever!
- "Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately, your epics are in another dungeon. Please try again."
- An huge reference to Mario. (Thanks for saving me/us, Mario! Unfortunately, the princess is in another castle!)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 10:31, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes I did, Coobra. Thank you for the clarification on it's name. Don't you think, alot like the article in the Fel Reaver about the Beta's "Black Bear", that it would be worth noting in trivia for the XT-002 that he was basically a pet in PTR? I know it seems a bit minial but it'd be a good laugh for viewers... well besides hearing his voice. "I'm ready to play!"
- That and also, maybe the Clockwork png file here would sprucen up what would otherwise be a wall of text. Just a suggestion! Bebuzzu of Stormwind (talk) 15:52, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- No it was not the boss, it was a mini-pet built when you had done 40 kills (40 tickets) of the XT-002. The ticket replaced the loot (so the flavor text said)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 21:09, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- I know its a non-combat pet that doesn't need the defeat of XT-002 to obtain but since the XT-002 Deconstructor is the only type of monster with the "Clockwork Giant" model, it makes this pet basically a miniature version of him that follows you. It looks EXACTLY like him.