If you wish to discuss the subject itself, please use Talk:WoW Model Viewer/Analysis.
Non-editorial comments made here should be moved to the Analysis page.
Hmmm, again, what's our policy about datamined images? =p I'm just kidding, I assume now he's ingame it's OK to put WMV pictures of him.-- (talk) 15:47, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
Hahaha, yeah that's why I waited :P - also because you couldn't get to him in woW Model Viewer until he was in the game files anyways.
- Not sure... is there an AddOn category? ~ Peregrine
Is it too much to ask, but can you pimp out races like say High Elves or ogres even though they're not playable? Im sorry if this isn't an edit question, I just don't want to fill the village pump with too much stupid questions. Mr.X8 Talk Contribs
- You can only 'pimp' races that wear armor. High elves did, but only had one outfit per class. Sorry. Try a blood elf.-- 00:46, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- What I ment was, they only looked like they had armor on, it was all one thing. No customization.-- 00:51, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Dunno. Photoshop if you can (I can't).-- 00:59, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Only playable races (also Broken, Naga, and Skellies, for some reason) can be pimped out in your choice of gear. For the rest, you'll have to use the pre-made model of the monster/character that includes the armor. Additionally, only weapons can be added on skellies, and naga and broken are limited in terms of what kind of gear can be applied (ie if you try to put a helmet on a naga it will just not show up) ~Peregrine
Are there also different types of animals, like lions and horses for example that can be put into the pic. I mean I don't need (or want) to put animals in armor or give them a weapon. Its just I have a hunter who has a lion and rides a horse and I would like to put a lion and a horse in the pic with the hunter. Mr.X8 20:11, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- You can "choose mount" for characters, but as for adding another figure entirely to the picture, you'd have to take another screenshot from the Model Viewer and put it together in Paint or Photoshop or something. ~Peregrine
Nairb we can Be/He,broken,draenei,dwearf,fel orc,forest troll,gnome,goblin,human,naga,night elf,orc,forsaken,skeleton,tauren, and troll.
Mr. X8> Try opening "Blood Elf", clicking "Options", and "Use npc character skins". That should help. High elves have a limited amount of skin/face options, and one of the male options is actually a Wretched. The other races with different skins are trolls ( dead, pre-BC forest, Sandfury, frost, dark? ), dwarves ( Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Earthen ), gnome ( leper, Cult of the Damned ), human ( BIG HAIRY HULGARR THE STRONGMAN, Cult of the Damned, Whitemane ), orc ( Mag'har, Mok'nathal, Thrall, sooty grey skin, red ), aaaand despite the old high elf models being retextured night elves, nothing on night elves. Other mounts than what the built-in database has can be accessed by clicking the second button on the "choose mount" box. --Super Bhaal 00:33, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Sigh* You should all be asking these questions on http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/. --GBush
This is frustratingEdit
Every time I try to download the WMV, all I get is Microsoft Excel opening up with a long list of WoW gear on it. How can I get the real WMV or is this like step one of other steps? Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 19:01, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- I believe you are trying to download the item list. Be sure it is actually the WoW Model Viewer itself you are trying to download.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Peregrine2976 (talk • contr).
"Texture" from WMV not allowed? Define Texture. ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 19:45, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/forum/index.php?topic=4257.0 < ---- Inside is a link to a new, better model viewer made by some guys. The old one's not being worked on until next year - one of the developer guys said they were busy or something. --Super Bhaal (talk) 10:07, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
I use Vista and everything works until I press the button that will take me to the viewer and a fairly long message pops up. However in less than a second the WMV closes and I never get to read it. What can I do? Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 22:18, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
So this is a addon? were do we download it if it is one? Hallowseve
- Yes it is. Go to curse.com to download it-WoWDeathknight (talk) 03:08, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- No it is not. It is a separate application (that digs into the WoW files), not an addon that is run from within the game client. Go to its official website, http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/, to download it. Primal Zed (talk) 03:17, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- The viewer? It's there to let you view models, more or less. If you dig pretty deep, you can find some neat things, like the alpha human models, night elf glaive weapons, and baby night elves (if memory serves, there was an absolutely horrifying baby gnome somewhere in the .wmo folder...). I also use it to pick out "RP outfits" for my characters (buying them is another thing...), and make obnoxious image macros. Other people use it to make machinima, although I hear MyWarcraftStudio is better for that. --Super Bhaal (talk) 23:39, November 20, 2009 (UTC)