I remember a WotLK preview in which the writer mentioned getting attacked by an orca while swimming offshore in the Howling Fjord. --Adonzo 21:10, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- A fin in an IGN WotLK preview looks promiseing!-- 21:13, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- I think it was just a common error. Also, a dolphin page does not yet exist on wowwiki. Rolandius (talk - contr) 06:27, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- A dolphin page was brought up here as well. One could be made...-- 23:40, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- Regardless of if a "killer whale" (orca) is a whale or not in real life, that means nothing in Warcraft Material. In Warcraft sources the orca is classified under the category of whales. Since the warcraft sources do that, then that is what we will use to classify them.
- Besides, depending on what text books you read you can find people that argue that dolphins are a species of small "whale" or "toothed whale", and others that argue they are something different (yet still call them "toothed whales"). Also as long as orcs have the name "killer whale" some sources will classify them as a type of whale. Another more general scientific term for whales, porpoises and dolphins is cetacea (which literally means "whale"). In other words a whale is a whale is a whale for all intents and porpoises ;). Basically all dolphins are whales but not all whales are dolphins.