Could someone address the question of whether or not wands are affected by a haste rating? The comments on Wowhead and Thottbot are conflicting in some places and inconslusive in others, so having the final word would be really handy, and a useful note on this page...
Enchant Gloves - Minor Haste - Wowhead
Enchant Gloves - Minor Haste - Thottbot
Thanks! --SirCasey 12:31, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
Can anyone comment or find a resource for how attributes affect wands? I know that +dmg doesn't affect them, but wands do crit, and therefore have a crit rate. Is it based on a base rate/wand skill, affected by attributes, or affected by melee stats?
Thanks --Morbid-o 10:36, 16 June 2006 (EDT)
- I am not sure, but I would expect intelligence to increase the crit chance of wands. And I do beleive that +magical damage also increases the damage, depending on magical school.
- -- LarsPensjo 05:46, 25 August 2006 (EDT)
== Wands is affected by effects that increase magical spells and effects -- (Weapon enchants that increase magical spells and effects do affect wand damage.)
Please cite the evidence for this. My empirical tests prove otherwise. From what I have seen effects that increase elemental damage of that school does increase wand damage BUT not effects that increase magical spells and effects --Caeryn
- I personally tested with my 29lvl lock yesterday. +81 fire school spell damage gear ('of Fiery Wrath' items mostly). Fire wand. No damage increase whatsoever. I wonder why in 'ranged' info in character panel +damage is even listed as +81, with indicated DPS over 77. That's just a misinformation. --FF / MFG 00:55, 16 November 2006 (EST)
- During a period the blizzard UI showed spellpower as added onto wand damage, im not sure why this was done, perhaps it was some sort basic display for spellpower, anyway it lead to this rumor about various kinda helping wand DPS, that is completely untrue so i've removed the part as per the testing above. However, if a mob has a debuff that increases magical damage taken (eg curse of elements, mobs in BWL, endboss of AQ20) the wand *will* do more damage as per the debuff.
- Could it be the case that "+X damage and healing from magical spells and effects" does improve wand damage while +X spell damage (such as fiery wrath) does not, since the wand is a magical effect? Damoloces
- wands are not increased by gear at all, there have been many tests done on it. If it were effected by gear wands could become a primary form of dps which is something blizzard does not want to happen Reskar
Regarding Wand crit rate: this appears to be determined by some sort of class & race base value + approx 0.215 per Agility. So far this is the only stat or bonus I have found which influences wands, though I have still not tried haste abilities. Roguewiki 2007 11 19
Can someone verify: "There is one wand vendor in the capital cities except Thunder Bluff and Darnassus"? I pulled the information from where the was sold. I am fairly certain that there are none in Thunder Bluff; I am very familiar with Thunder Bluff, and also Tauren have no cloth casters - they only have mage and priest training available in the forsaken enclave in the cave on the spirit rise. I am not as sure about Darnassus. Night Elves have Priests, and could use wands, if available.
Madkaugh 21:19, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
- Thats correct, wands are only sold in the major cities, minus TB and Darnassus. Cause they are more into nature than arcane. User:Coobra/Sig3 21:32, 29 April 2008 (UTC)