Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Original Discussion Edit
anyone got an image of him in the comic? would make the article better. maybe more info on what he does in the comic like how he fights Valeera--Maelstrong 14:23, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well, yeah, I have, but... laziness is laziness xDDD. I'll try to cut the .jpg later, for Maraad, Cho'Gall transformed and Kathra'Natir, but I'm busy with character and organization listing, and I can't promise anything.--Lon-ami (talk) 16:37, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Please remove the spoilers in the WoD section. It's only two sentences long and immediately reveals important information.
The picture used is of Prophet Velen, not Maraad, you can notice from the staff and the Dreanei "crown" if you will that floats by his forehead crest, that symbol is worn only by prophets, Maraad was a Vindicator and weilded a Hammer of the Naaru, thought you might want to know that your pic if of an entirely different Draenei
- The pic is from the Warlords promo site (now since mostly non-functional). If you scroll down you'll see Maraad. Raylan13 (talk) 04:33, December 27, 2014 (UTC)
That is not Maraad in the BC cinematic. Edit
Maraad is not the same draenei vindicator in The Burning Crusade cinematic. The one in the cinematic has a goatee whereas Maraad does not. Please do not spread misinformation and remove it from the page.
- This fact is mentioned on WoW Insider, an extremely reliable source for all Warcraft lore information. I think I remember it was also mentioned in passing at some point by an actual Blizzard employee (during a lore panel one year at Blizzcon, I believe). I could find countless other examples of this being mentioned across the internet. However, a simple search on Google will give you the same results as me. Wowwiki is not the only website to mention this information, not by a long-shot.
- -Sitb (talk) 11:44, February 10, 2015 (UTC)
Q u o t e:
Kosak: I Love it. So who is going to be one of the first people to step through? Well did you guys remember Maraad? Maybe, maybe not. Something to do good from the Burning Crusade cinematic. Maybe that’s all you remember him from, because we really didn’t do a lot with Maraad.
Metzen: Most of the Dev team did not remember Maraad, by the way. Although, we have statues of him.
- Sitb, you don't really believe that, do you? That's just some bullshit Blizzard said to hype up Maraad and the WoD story/expansion, because they know he was a nobody and the only thing he was known for was being the great-uncle of Med'an.
- I don't presume to know anything Blizzard intended or didn't intend to do in the long-run with the character of Maraad. However, what you are referring to is called a Retcon, and they do it all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised. Regardless, the fact that it was verified by Blizzard sources at a Blizzard event makes it 'official' information concerning Maraad.
- -Sitb (talk) 02:14, February 11, 2015 (UTC)