Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vhel'kur's mention on the Deathwing infobox Edit
I understand the desire to make sure that every piece of information on the wiki is as up to date and accurate as possible. As you desire "close familial confirmation" (as posted on the history page for Deathwing) please allow me to present my case and reason for adding Vhel'kur to Deathwing's list of relatives.
While it can be argued that the entire Black Dragonflight are relatives of him, I personally do not feel that the entire brood needs mentioning as to me, the relationship isn't quite close enough to warrant a long list dragons, so I'm not going there.
However, I felt that the information on Vhel'kur (scant as it admittedly is) did place his relationship close enough for mention. I quote Teron Gorefiend on this matter: "To the southeast you will find Netherwing Ledge. ... Vhel'kur, spawn of Deathwing, once called it his home, but now knows it as his grave. ..." There is of course more to the quest text, but nothing of note to establish relationship, just that he was killed by Gorefiend and so on and so forth.
Okay, so he's listed as spawn of Deathwing. The question is then how does this differentiate him from a host of other Black Dragons, or in this case Netherdrakes? I go to the Dictionary for clarification on what this means:
Spawn - noun
- 1. Zoology. the mass of eggs deposited by fishes, amphibians, mollusks, crustaceans, etc.
- 2. Offspring occurring in numbers; brood.
- 3. A person who is the issue of a parent or family.
- 4. (used with a singular or plural verb) any person or thing regarded as the offspring of some stock, idea, etc.
I leave the final decision in your hands. --Dregtal
- The issue is that there is no lore, no indication of who Vhel'kur was; the statement that you provided does suggest that he is a direct son of Deathwing, and therefore a brother of Onyxia and Nefarian. If you can supply this information on a new page, which can be linked from Neltharion's page, where the information (and lack therof) can be explained, then it can go in the infobox. As it was, it didn't fit. -- (talk · contr) 13:45, 13 March 2007 (EDT)
I am not convinced at all. During the third last night elf mission in Warcraft III campaign Malfurion Stormrage encountered some black dragon whelps in the Barrow Deeps during his search for the Druids of the Claw. Upon seeing the whelps he says "Foul spawns of Deathwing! I should have known that you creatures would seek refuge within flames* (I am not sure if he used this word) of the earth!" Regards, --Theron the Just 02:10, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Here's a stupid question... if Neltharaku can be listed as "son, presumed" to Deathwing, why can't Vhel'kur? Is there really any more lore to support Neltharaku being a direct child of Deathwing than Vhel'kur? Hekirou 11:51, 10 July 2007 (UTC)