Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Connection with VashjEdit
- I think that was made up, I was looking up for information and found this page:, where it is told this: "Vashj’ir, as the name might imply, is the homeland of Lady Vashj. ".
- So I'd said that we should remove this as no other pages I saw had this info. Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 21:25, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- It's not made up it was in one of the panels. I'll try and find it. 21:27, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- 46th minute of the Cataclysm panel. . 21:34, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
It was pretty hard to make out a lot of areas with this concept map since everything is so small. All the green boxes are PC's of some type of creature whose name starts with a O though. Leviathon (talk) 19:35, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, it is a sunken city, but I do not know if something is sealed away in it. I think the Abyssal Maw is under attack by the naga.-- 21:11, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
I think the concept of the sunken naga cities may be R'lyeh inspired, given that there has always been sunken cities under the Maelstrom and Great Sea, and there's always been hints at an Old God who possibly gave the naga their form after Azshara made a deal with either them or Neptulon. Although given the look of Neptulon, it does seem likely that the Highborne under Azshara were changed in his vision, since he has Medusa-like "hair." But it would make more sense that the naga cities are more inspired by Atlantis. Zin-Azshari and surrounding pre-WotA Night Elven cities were supposed to be utopias, which sunk as a downfall of pride and greed. Mykael Mourningsun Vae Victis 01:21, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be a lot of Lovecraft in Cataclysm. While the Worgen are a horror staple, just take a look at the Mountain-- er, Maw Of Madness in the Twilight Highlands and tell me that Iso'rath isn't a Mythos creature.--ClemSnide (talk) 06:16, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
you may want to add the three sub-maps of vash'jr.link: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs067.ash2/36698_120238964687253_100001034496576_130547_6205147_n.jpg http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs127.snc4/36698_120238968020586_100001034496576_130548_3234453_n.jpg http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs067.ash2/36698_120238971353919_100001034496576_130549_1509282_n.jpg Almasa (talk) 17:15, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Does this make Vashj'ir a "continent" all its own? Or is it part of the actual Eastern Kingdoms map/server? Judging from the maps, it looks like a (small) continent with three whole zones of its own. WoWWiki-Suzaku (talk) 18:57, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
Its on the eastern kingdoms continent map just with three sub-zones. The quest flow is just widely spread out so they had to divide it into three maps in order to get it as detailed as they wanted.Almasa (talk) 16:33, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Hmm, i don't want to kick the proverbial dead horse, but what is the evidence people from Beta have for this being one zone consisting of three sub zones? It seems entirely possible to me that Vashjir is the equivient of a region such as Khaz Modan or Southern Kalimdor... Not a continent, but not a single zone. I am not suggesting this is the case, but what is the evidence against it? gadget (talk) 00:41, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Vashj'ir is an area containing 3 separately named zones within it. User:Coobra/Sig4 01:02, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm this. Labels are just Vash'jir. 10:42, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Wait a little before moving no? Name can change multiple times before release.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 13:00, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Not in this case, when it's been Vashj'ir all along, used in multiple places thoughout the game, and is also the name displayed on the map graphic – which is about as finalised as you're going to get. -- <imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_zeal.png%7CUser:Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_talk.png|User talk:Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_contribs.png%7CSpecial:Contributions/Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_end.png|User:Zealvurte</imagelink> 13:44, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think its unlikely to change at this point. Possibly they felt that since it's not all city-like, it might be confusing (plus how it has several 'sub'zones). 16:58, July 8, 2010 (UTC)