Older archived talk messages:
Page name beef Edit
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck, why call it a "Useful duck-like animal" - just call it a duck! A macro shouldn't be on this site unless it's useful. Naming pages should be done as simply and intuitively as possible. Druid macros. General macros. Parl2001 (talk) 20:47, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
level 25 druid macro Edit
Can anyone tell me some good macros for a level 25 druid.... i'm not quick enough at casting spells and transforming out.... please... i'm that slow a level one has been able to kill me Dbayliss (talk) 10:50, March 23, 2010 (UTC) (dbayliss)
Corrected Power Shift Bear Edit
I corrected the macro "Power Shift Bear" so it will work in 4.0.1. I wanted to know how to fix my macro from a previous version. I came here for the answer but didn't find it. I finally figured out the problem and came back here and put the answer in. --ItsBrent (talk) 22:54, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
What the catnip does "RESTO DRUIDER SÅ GÖR NI !" mean? With this lousy new layout, I can't figure out how to revert it. Only here now because I got notified the page had changed...
- I've fixed it, it was, and is again, Useful macros for druids. --Kris talk 11:15, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
- There's still a problem with the page, the text "GUUD SÅ DANT !" appears on it and I'm not sure where it comes from. I'm investigating. --Kris talk 11:19, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
Could use a cleanup... Edit
The druid macro page could use a huge cleanup. There are many macros which have multiple versions. I do not believe that it is necessary to have a version of the macro for every single situation. I believe that the macros shown here should be more general in nature and cover what most everyone will use in a normal context. Those who want specialty macros will usually have a far better knowledge of macros then most and will likely know how to edit them in the first place.
Also, some of the macros suggested here definitely should be removed completely. A good example of that is the feral macros which combine maul and mangle, maul and lacerate, or any other combination of maul and something else. Those macros will rage starve a feral druid very quick, and you want to have rage for other uses such as skull bash and bash. It is bad play to start with, and I believe this Wiki is here to teach players better ways to play.
I'm going to make a few minor edits and start doing some basic cleaning work such as updating macros and removing non-essential stuff from the macro descriptions. I'll see where I go from there.
I'm going to comment out those macros which include maul. As stated previously, they are nothing more then a good way to rage starve yourself. I've also been working on my feral interface and I've come up with a few macros. I'll look to see if they have an old version and I'll either update, or add them.
Made quite a few other edits. I might as well do the rest while I'm at it. Given enough time, I will slowly edit and update just about all macros on this page. I may end up deleting a few, I do beleive that the aim of this page is to provide more general purpose macro rather then those for specific cases.
Having 2 druids, I do have all 3 specs and hence can test just about all of them.
The multibox battle res macro Edit
I did not edit the multibox battle res macro as I do not have 4 druids to test it out. However, I do believe some improvements could be made. I would start by using a /targetexact line with the name of the players instead of a simple /target . I would also remove dead condition from the /castsequence line as this is already verified by the /target line. The noharm could easily be a help modifier. Even then, that is not necessary as you cannot battle res an enemy player anyways but still useful if you don't have a mod to pickup errors and trash em. The final version would look something like this....
Replace player by the names
#showtooltip Rebirth /stopcasting /targetexact [@Player1, dead] [@Player2, dead] [@Player3, dead] [@Player4, dead] /castsequence [@target, exists, help] reset=600 Rebirth,,
It is also a fact that this macro is not geared thoward the general public. Hence, I beleive that it belongs somewhere near the bottom of the page in a specialty macro section.
Moonkin Macro Update Edit
- Thank you for doing this. I preserved the old one at the bottom so people can see and compare. Your update s much appreciated. Celess (talk) 17:57, May 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll try to look in to updating the page as much as possible. I have included the ood tag, and I hope this page will get some more attention Lasse.s.nielsen (talk) 17:54, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I moved the notice to sections so still shows up on lists/radar, but doesn't look like whole page is out of date. A side effect of pages of this type is that they would nearly always have the banner unfortunately and would have to add the banner to all the other permanently. I think there is a message in the format notes that explains they need to be marked and need update as well. I tried to clean the page up a bit more also :) Celess (talk) 19:02, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
Dash macros for WorgenEdit
So it appears that the Dash macro for worgens doesn't work properly. It would cast Dash if I was in Travel form, but it didn't matter what form I was in, it would never cast Darkflight, not even in Worgen or Human form. Can anyone help me fix it?
184.108.40.206 00:24, December 4, 2014 (UTC)