A lot of confusion for the new dungeons & raids. I'm not skilled enough and maybe too lazy to learn how to do edit everything but here's the deal:
* 5 man dungeon Normal : Trial of the Champion. * 5 man dungeon Heroic : Trial of the Champion. Same bosses * 10 man raid Normal : Trial of the Crusader. Bosses : Gormok the Impaler, Dreadscale, etc * 25 man raid Normal : Trial of the Crusader. Same bosses * 10 man raid Heroic : Trial of the Grand Crusader. Same bosses * 25 man raid Heroic : Trial of the Grand Crusader. Sames bosses
That's the name as stated in the achievements. Note that the raid portal error messages doesn't talk about "Trial of the Grand Crusader" but only "Trial of the Crusader", no matter what difficulty level you choose.
To sum it up:
* 5 man Normal/Heroic : Trial of the Champion * 10/25 man Normal : Trial of the Crusader * 10/25 man Heroic : Trial of the Grand Crusader
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 22:15, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
In this new dungeon, the first battle is with three random champions of the opposite faction. Instead of having 10 articles for these NPCs with very little differences between one another, we should have a single article for the whole encounter, alliance and horde, all ten champions. Terin (talk) 19:37, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I disagree, thought it would be have little differences in the strat/health, they are separate NPCs.
- It's the same thing as the Valiant's dailies, they all give the same quests (except for the "champion of..." quest), but we don't make one single article for the 10.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 22:18, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- Edit: If the strategy is really the same we can have a template to avoid a cc/cv of the whole thing.
- The Four Horsemen is made up of separate NPCs, but it has it's own article and strategies, as it is a single encounter. Encounters with a gauntlet event before it also usually have a single article to encompass it, even though they are made up of many different NPCs. The champion battle is an entire encounter, and a reader shouldn't have to go to the individual NPC's article to learn the fight, but instead a single article with strategies and a list of each NPCs abilities. They only have about two a piece, so it would be very short. Terin (talk) 04:00, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- Whooooo pause!
- "We fight three champions from the five of the opposite faction", but do we fight them at once? Or separetly? (I did not try the dungeon)
- Because that's two different thing (4 Horsemen vs Valiant's dailies)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 11:38, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- The way the encounter goes is that, after the party is introduce by talking to an NPC in middle, a random race of the opposite faction will come in through the main gate on mounts. This will be their grand champion followed by three minor champions. Then, they will line up against the wall. This will repeat two more times. Once they're all in place, the three minor champions from a race will go out and fight the party, and once they're dead, another three from a different race will attack, and then another three.
- Then, all three of the grand champions will enter the battle at once, all with identical health and abilities. Once their health reaches zero, they will be dismounted, but have to be trampled occasionally, so that they do not reach one of the mounts on the side of the coliseum and rejoin the battle.
- Once all three grand champions are dismounted, then it becomes a standard fight, where they use some unique abilites (the blood elf is a mage that casts fireballs, the tauren is a shaman that casts lightning bolts and heals, etc.), but they all have the same health and just need to be tanked and spanked. Once they reach 1 health, they kneel in submission. Do that to all three, and you finish the encounter, and a chest will spawn with loot.
- Ok, I can see clearly know!
- So we need a proper name. How about "Three Grand Champions" or "Three of Five Grand Champions"?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:50, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- The achievement is a list of all the boss possible. No specific name anywhere.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 20:48, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- No, it's named "Trial of the CHampion" but it's when you bettead all the bosses possible once.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 00:01, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- The Call of the Crusade (10 player) achievement says:
- Defeat every boss in the Trial of the Grand Crusader in 10-player Heroic mode:
- Defeat the Beasts of Northrend
- Defeat Lord Jaraxxus
- Defeat the Faction Champions
- Defeat the Twin Val'kyr
- Complete the Trial of the Grand Crusader
- Info taken from Wotlkwiki.info Aedror42 (talk) 07:37, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- How can Trial of the Crusade be related to Trial of the Champion ?
- Aren't those "Faction Champions" an unannounced encounter of the raid?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 09:29, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- The encounter ain't the same. While the characters could be the same, they're not the same mobs. At Champion you just defeat them, but at Crusader you kill them. Datamining says Garrosh and Varian will have some words, which will eventually lead to that event.--Lon-ami (talk) 15:22, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- There is currently no achievement for the Trial of the Champion on the PTR. The standard achievement will probably be for killing the Black Knight, and there may also be an extra achievement for defeating all 5 champions, like .
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Terin (talk • contr).
- Yes there are! The achievement for the Trial of the Champion is in WotLK Dungeon and WotLK Dungeon Hero (only fun achievements in heroic)
- Ok for the Defeat in the dungeon and the Kill in the raid (Faction Champions), so we'll still need a name for the dungeon encounter.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 20:14, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Good for me.
- Zeratul if you could think of a better name for The Two Jormungar (Acidmaw & Dreadscale) because I'm feeling ashame of how I named them xD
- They got no achievement, like the Grand Champions, they are part of a global one (Defeat the Beasts of Northrend)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 21:29, 14 July 2009 (UTC)