Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Theres a mistakeEdit
At the bottom of the article it says tirisifal has the highest lvl jump. Redridge's page says the same thing. Mr.X8 20:10, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
it says that is have one of the highest lvl jumps not that it has the highest user:billylj 23 nov 2009
I'm pretty sure Tirisfal Glades is named after a (If not the) founder of the Tirisfal Order, (Can anyone back up my claim?) As it is not that rare to have a place to be named after something (In real life and in Warcraft.--The last Alterac 08:09, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- other way around. the Order of Tirisfal is named after where the meetings took place - Tirisfal Glades. 08:22, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
Which was named after some guy right? --The last Alterac 23:32, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think anyone knows. A lot of names in the Warcraft universe are without an actual origin of the name, Blizzard has just made someting suiting or cool. I think. --Ose 23:42, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
Razorfen Kraul? Edit
When viewing the Tirisfal Glades map while on a Razorfen Kraul quest (Going, Going, Guano), the quest is shown by the quest helper as being in the same area as the speculated "Grove" area, instead of in the Barrens near the entrance of Razorfen Kraul. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ashurk1337 (talk • contr).
- No one has claimed Blizzard's in-game quest tracker is the best, in fact there's many mistakes, including location spots such as this. It means nothing. User:Coobra/Sig4 20:54, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
'West of Tirisfal'Edit
Not sure it really bears mentioning or adding to the Cataclysm section, as this seems to reference what is popularly construed as Tirisfal Grove (see above section). The map may have changed, but the valley is the same - flat and unremarkable. Frejya 00:04, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
Potencial Theory Edit
Ive had a thought about whatthis area could be other than Krasus's domain etc. This could possibly be where the Guardians of Tirisfal used to meet when the guardianship was still upheld. Unless this place has already been identified then is it possible my theory is correct? They would obviously want to meet in secret as the group was of the upmost secrecy. Anyone elses thoughts? --Diggory 10:33, 12 March 2007 (EDT)
- Possible. All we know is that the council met somewhere in the Glades, and that that place was surrounded by trees. -- (talk · contr) 10:51, 13 March 2007 (EDT)
- I have a theory actually, if it IS Krasus's Sanctum, he speaks of a yellow gem within the sanctum with specific properties, http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/390/, contains a citation of what I'm speaking of, strangely it coincides almost perfectly with the description of one of the Ata'mal Crystals, The Brilliant Star, http://www.wowwiki.com/Ata'mal_Crystals, could it be that this is one of the missing crystals? -- Sapphiron 2:29, 7 April 2007 (EST)
- Yea I should've thought that out more, sadly I thought I was on to something there >< I am very curious as to the status of the other 4 Ata'mal crystals though, we know of the locations of 2, the details of 3, but thats it. -- Sapphiron 5:41, 8 April 2007 (EST)
It strikes me as much more likely that the pool is a reference to the Scrying Pool of Raistlin in Dragon Lance. The entities sound very similar to Raistlin's Live Ones, and the pool's description also bares a striking similarity to the descriptions given of Raistlin's.
Ok just to clear some things up. The little pool of water can be reached by simply walking to it. Nothing there but lvl 7-9 murlocs and an occasional chest. As for the area above it. currently there is nothing there. I have no idea if something might be implemented there in the future but as for now it is empty. Elrox 13:06, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
Not sure if this should go here or on the Old Ones Talk Page but people have been talking about this place being an old One instance however this is unlikely as any lvl 70 could bring a high level monster in the area to attack low-levels and furthermore the area might become blocked off from Alliance by horde because the area is located at the undead starting area. Again not sure if this should be in a diff. talk page or something -- Ejud
Tirisfal Grove or Tirisfal Glades Grove? Edit
Only the name "Tirisfal Glades Grove" is mentioned in the Blizzplanet article "World of Warcraft - Tirisfal Glades Grove" and on the article "World of Warcraft - Unreleased Instances and Regions Lore" (which the author admits is unofficial and speculative) it is only called "Tirisfal Grove" as a link to the other article. So, this whole article is speculation and needs more lore support. -- (talk · contr) 5:47 PM PST 10 Jun 2008
Cavern of Time? Edit
- WoWWiki is not a forum. It is not used to discuss ideas. --User:Gourra/Sig2 12:00, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
Tirisfal Grove does not exist Edit
This page is a fan-created theory that combines information from Day of the Dragon, The Founding of Quel'Thalas, and the closed zone west of Tirisfal Glades, and says that they are all the same spot. Regardless weather it started on Blizzplanet, the official forums, Scrolls of Lore, or even here, it does not exist (yet, see Gilneas ). This page should only serve to tell people that, or be removed again.-- 17:25, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Even in the interim, it should probably just be merged with Western Tirisfal Glades. No sense having two different speculation pages about the same location. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 17:33, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Except that this is a lore location, so not represented on maps.
- So it has to "refer" to a real location when we say, "it could be located HERE"
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:35, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Are you meaning that the proper name of "Tirisfal Grove" does not exist? Is there any place to which it refers? Do the words "Tirisfal Grove" do not appear in any novel nor anywhere else? (Northem (talk) 17:50, August 10, 2010 (UTC)).
- So, are you absolutely sure that the expression "Tirisfal Grove" is invented and do not appear on any lore official source (novels, comics, etc ...)? And in that case, because the term "Tirisfal Grove" is so widespread, I personally am not in favor of eliminating it completely, but maintain it as term of fan creation (with its corresponding speculative history)(Northem (talk) 18:15, August 10, 2010 (UTC)).
- If you can find me an official source with the words "Tirisfal Grove" I'd love to see it. And the problem with that is that, essentially, it's really just a mish-mash of different lore places that have no defined location being crammed into the same place for convenience's sake. And either way, this should really be merged with Western Tirisfal Glades, since they both contain pretty much the same (speculative) information. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 18:23, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- The article cites Day of the Dragon as a source, I'll speed-read it again and tell you want I can find.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 18:25, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, I think the entire thing can really be traced back to this Blizzplanet article (it was linked above, but the URL has since changed), which basically says "there's this big empty area in Tirisfal Glades, and here's some things that it might be." -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 18:26, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
Let me see if I can get all this straight. There are two articles, one about the currently inaccesible area (Western Tirisfal Glades), and one about a speculatory area that may coincide (Tirisfal Grove).
The first we know from Beta is part of the Tirisal Glades zone so I'm leaning towards deleting the article and maybe placing a small note on the Tirisfal Glades page ("In Cataclysm the land to the west of Deathkneel has been opened up to reveal a small forested valley and lake".) If the area later recieves a proper subzone name we can create a new article. Maybe leave it for archival purposes (though i feel funny archiving a conjuncture article).
The Second is a piece of speculation that, I hate to say it, is pulled out of nothing, just an speculation article on Blizzplanet a few years back. The name is a fan invention, at the very least the page needs an immediate name is based on conjecture tag. Theres nothing to suggest The Chamber of Krasus is found there other than it being High Elven Arcitecture which is built from the speculation the High Elves landed there. However the statement about the High Elves does not say Tirisfal Grove it says Tirisifal Glades. So i suggest the section The Landing of the Highborne be shortened to just the facts and moved into the Tirisfal Glades article's history section. The speculation about the Chmaber of Krasus should be limited to it's own page, possibly giving a link to Medievaldragon's speculation on his site. The In World of Warcraft section removed as theres nothing concrete connecting the innaccesible WoW valley to this speculatory grove, and the Western Tirisfal Glades article serves the same purpose.
Short version: WTG article either deleted or kept as historical article. Tirisfal Grove article sections redesignated to the appropriate pages and article deleted.
Thoughts?19:35, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Why isn't it already done? ^^
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:36, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- The reason is there seems to be an active discussion and i didnt just want to bully my way into it. And the reason now is I have work in half an hour and havent even started getting ready. :) 19:39, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Notepad++ helloooooooooooo
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:42, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- There are two articles, one about a previously inaccessible area that now is a “secret” easter eggs area (Western Tirisfal Glades), and other about a non-existent area which name is invented and which combines several speculations but nevertheless its existence is widespread in popular knowledge (Tirisfal Grove).
- Now, let me tell you that the ‘Western Tirisfal Glades’ area is not part of the Tirisfal Glades zone per se, just as the Western Dun Morogh valley is not part of Dun Morogh for itself. They are “secret” easter eggs zones with no content in them and whose only possible entrance is flying. Although appearing on maps, they are dead zones, closed areas, secret zones, that in the future may harbor more than just easter eggs.
- So I bet to keep the ‘Western Tirisfal Glades’ article, which identifies the zone as a secret area without content, for which there are many speculations. In this page detailing any speculation that can be found in the Tirisfal Grove's article, because although that zone does not exist, the speculations are valid and almost everyone has heard about the Tirisfal Grove.
- Why does wild mass guessing being popular make it valid?-- 22:13, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- And how is it not part of Tirisfal Glades? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 22:27, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Not only do i think being widespread and popular is not a good reason for an article existing, I'm not sure that would be the case with Tirisfal Grove and even if it were how could it be measured?
- No the reason i think the WTG page should be kept is historical purposes and as Northem just meantioned i guess it's not actualy identified in-game as Tirisfal Glades despite being on the map. Northem just curious what does it say when you are in the area?
- I also don't think speculation from the Tirisfal Grove page should be transfered there because theres nothing to connect this region with that speculation. We could probbaly find a handful of other spots on the Lordaeron continent just as likely to fit. Rather the 3 sections from that should be moved as following.
- In the chamber of krasus article we can include speculation about it being the location where the hgih elves landed but not connect it to the western tirisfal glades as no such connection exists. 00:11, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- And how is it not part of Tirisfal Glades? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 22:27, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
Cataclysm Map Edit
On the Tirisfal Glades Cata map there is a small lake north of the mountains in Western Tirisfal, just like it is in the beta, but on the section in 'Geography' it says that the map only represents mountains. Is the lake part of Western Tirisfal, or the main area? Gebezis 16:57, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Essentially, the previously blank "Western Tirisfal" area now has a lake in the actual geography, but the zone map only shows mountains. Does that answer your question?-- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 17:01, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
Raiding the cityEdit
If I were to raid the city with my Night Elf Mage and a couple Draenei, Humans, Gnomes, and Dwarves, would we get caught by the patrolling pair of undead guards?