Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
hahahahahha, this is hilarious :)
OwlBoy 02:48, 22 Aug 2005 (EDT)
Starting rep Edit
I just killed a timbermaw mystic and never had any dealings with them before. I lost 25 rep points and it is currently sitting at hostile 2475/3000 so in response to question on main page, I believe it should be 2500/3000 (I am horde tauren)
--Weave 08:41, 5 Feb 2006 (EST)
Maybe they were once connected? Edit
The Azshara "Timbermaw Hold" consists of a broken gate in front of a collapsed tunnel. Is it possible that it was once connected to the Felwood/Winterspring/Moonglade Timbermaw Hold?
- The two areas have the same name
- Both areas have Timbermaw Furbolgs living in them, and they're the same faction
- In the central chamber of the Felwood/Winterspring/Moonglade tunnel, there are steps down to what appears to be a door, but it's blocked off with what looks like a cross section of a tree
Now I'm not talking about whether they may or may not have been connected back in the beta days; to my knowledge they never were. I'm talking about possible lore/background history. My theory goes something like this:
- Years ago, the Timbermaws had tunnels all through the Mt. Hyjal area -- Timbermaw Hold was a vast complex of tunnels with openings in Moonglade, Azshara, the forest now called Felwood, Winterspring, and maybe even Ashenvale
- Then Archimonde came and tried to attack Nordrassil on Mt. Hyjal
- Malfurion used Nordrassil's power to kill Archimonde, but Nordrassil was grievously injured or possibly even died in the shockwaves this caused
- The upheaval collapsed some of the Timbermaws' tunnels and cut off the western Timbermaws from the Azshara Timbermaws
I'm sure there's more than one possible theory, though. Maybe someday (in whatever patch or expansion opens Mt. Hyjal as a playable zone, perhaps) there will be content that makes use of all the possibilities here.
Gemminie 10:36, 23 August 2006 (EDT)
- I too was also wondering about the blocked passageway in the Timbermaw Tunnels it self, is it possible to be sheeped/feared through there? Or perhaps someone with a private server could find out if there is anything behind there...
- Kiltek 10:43, 22 January 2007 (EDT)
If you're a mage you can blink behind the log blocking the passageway. There's a short passage beyond, then a "fall off the edge of the world" drop - it doesn't go anywhere.DoktorG (talk) 05:24, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- A wall, afaik, like Grim Batol. 05:59, 22 January 2007 (EST)
- Yes according to lore they are all the same place, and yes the tunnels were all once connected, might still be, only furbolg know for sure,;).Baggins 17:19, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
- The log blocking the tunnel inside is called a door in the model viewer...-- 02:53, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
Re: Maybe they were once connected? Edit
Here's my story on the subject. Before and during the War of the Ancients, the Furbolg controlled much of northern Kalimdor. It was nearby Northrend, where they came from, and was a warmer climate for the Furbolgs to live in. However, during the War of the Ancients, Malfurion and his allies came into contact with the Shu'halo (early Tauren), the Earthen and the Furbolgs. The Earthen created a hold near Zin'Azhari (in the area which is now Azshara) and lived there. After the war was finished, the Earthen abandoned their hold and hibernated in the Titan halls of Ulduman, Uldum, and Ulduar. Certain Furbolg took up residence in the old tunnels and expanded them, reaching into Hyjal, Winterspring, Moonglade, and the forest that would eventually become Felwood. And the rest is above. -Pwnerpwner
Very useful arena trinket Edit
Got to exalted with Timbermaw (I'm very focused) and the trinket these guys give out is worth it even at 70, in the arena they help out greatly as they heal for 500 (not much but in 2v2 that means you can field 2 dps and still have a healer) and they do roughly 200 damage from each of their lighting bolts, dont know of many other trinkets that heals and do dps :D.
Izfariel 23:21, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
Different Pages Edit
Shouldn't this page be split into a Location page and a Faction page so it would be easier to understand? i would attempt to make the pages myself if i get the "go ahead". :)
Time to level at 85 Edit
I went from low friendly to 999/1000 exalted in less than an hour so this is the easiest to level out of the 3 for the diplomat achievement.