- Thottbot is awful. It contains info from random foreign-language servers, and is poorly moderated. Please do not use thottbot links when Allakhazam links are available. --Pater 11:47, 22 June 2005
- Thottbot is
nobetter than Allakhazam. Allakhazam has much much less data, more ads, and requires you to pay for some features. WoW Reader (from Allakhazam) also has a trojan (tested and confirmed, a keylogger program was running; whether or not they plan to take your account, they can). Thottbot runs as an OFFICIAL WoW addon (no keylogging possible, as it doesn't launch until after you log in anyway, and exits on logout). Please keep links in Thottbot, as it's just better. Ethraax 16:03, 14 March 2006 (EST)
- I'm unsure as to where you got the idea that WowReader has a keylogger in it, but it's simply not true. This page now seems to have become the heart of a rumor thats going around now, so I felt it best to point out here that the above comment is false. (Sorry for intruding on your wiki with this.) Rale 11:36, 10 April 2006 (EDT)
- Posting info is not intruding... that's what a wiki is for. Keep contributing, Rale. --Fandyllic
- Also, the info from random foreign-language servers is not very prevalent on Thottbot and when it is, it is pretty easy to spot and avoid. When you search for items by name, though, it won't come up at all (obviously), and when you search by type/stats there will be an english language version too...just don't look at the items with names that you don't understand. Oh and to the above poster...did you mean "Thottbot is no WORSE than Allakhazam."? You said no better which contradicts your entire statement. Just curious. -- Nev 16:47, 16 March 2006 (EST)
- Thottbot is not an official World of Warcraft AddOn, but it does come from generally trusted source — Cosmos developers — who have been working with Blizzard perhaps more closely than other dev groups. Also, Thottbot is no better than Allakhazam and vice versa for various reasons. Thottbot is FAST, but can be unreliable and does have lots of old garbage (probably because it is much older than Allakhazam). Thottbot tends to have a bit more information (more tips by users), but less well organized. Allakhazam has screenshots of mobs and such, so you can see what stuff looks like, Thottbot does not. --Fandyllic 11:35 AM PDT 10 Apr 2006
- Thottbot is
- Using "spell" page for recipes, since it shows both the finished product as well as the components required.
- Turning in 60 thorium bars for Imperial Plate Chest plans rewarded me with 200 reputation, not 150. Also 200 for helm and leggings. So a total +150 rep from quests. --Trail 09:42, 30 Jan 2006 (EST)
I have some doubts about the quality of the image that was recently added to this article. It's clearly cut out from the WoW site, which also makes me think about copyrights. And I just don't think the picture fits very well there. --Abbath 15:32, 23 Jan 2006 (EST)
I submitted that pic. I think that it fits there, and the copyrights are no trouble as long as we clearly affirm that this is a wiki about WoW, that we didn't change the URL of the pic and that we do not make any money with it. Please Fandyllic tell me if I'm wrong.--Kirochi 16:09, 29 Jan 2006 (EST)
Tailoring Patterns Edit
I am curious as to why the user "Magnitude - Greymane" removed the "(BOE)" tag that was after the items in the "Tailoring" section. As far as I know, the items are BoE, so why take that out?
Reputation before level 60 Edit
What are the reputation values for characters below level 60? I did all the quests with my level 46 mage, and got 100 reputation from each quest (I've done 5 so far). I haven't gotten a chance to turn anything in, but this should be added, especially for those who wish to get Thorium on an alt out of the way, so it costs much much less.
NOTE: The required levels for the quests I did were a little low. Maybe if you do them at 60 they are grey and less reputation is earned as a result?
- Yes grey quests and mobs give no experience and less faction, respectively.
Ethraax 15:46, 14 March 2006 (EST)
- Grey monster give 0 exp, but grey quests do give some exp. For each level since it was last green, you lose 10% to a minnium of !0% of the original amount, 9 levels after the quest was last green. At level 60, all exp is turned into gold.--Stfrn 12:46, 6 July 2006 (EDT)
The turn-ins should give the same reputation at all levels. The actual quests do scale according to your level. I believe it says on this page that at level 60 the quests give 10 rep each.
Nev 16:47, 16 March 2006 (EST)
an old pic Edit
I believe that this page had an old picture with a member of the brotherhood holding an axe that seemed to be a ravanger with blue instead of red markings. Where'd it go? and is the file still arround?
Gaining Reputation (as of atleast 2.2) Edit
While running through BRD to turn in my Brewfest quest earlier, I saw that all of the 'Favor Amongst the Brotherhood' repeatables were available for me to do. I am still Neutral with the Thorium Brotherhood, so I was a bit confused. I then remembered that the patch notes mentioned changes in gaining rep amongst most of the pre-BC factions and it made sense.
I adjusted the Rep gain table to reflect this information, but did not have time to fiddle with the Reputation Gain Guide immediately after it. Someone might could come up with an adjusted strategy to reflect these changes.