Well, I would imagine that they look similar to the blades used by the night elf wardens in Moonglade, or the blades wielded by Loramus Thalipedes on his island off the coast of Azshara.--Illidan Rocks 03:47, 25 February 2007 (EST)
- Indeed, seperatley they do look similar to those wielded by Loramus Thalipedes, however they are black and have a glowing orange animation on them resembling the fiery enchant. When connected, the weapon resembles the "4-point cross" weapons carried by the NE Sentinals in Darnassus, only with fiery orange animation and black color. --Kungfurabbit 01:02, 27 February 2007 (EST)
Looks like the graphics will finally be updated for this, which may hint they will be obtainable. It looks identical to the ones Illidan wields in the Burning Crusade cinematic. No pandas though.  --Tyrsenus 10:08, 16 April 2007 (EDT)
- I found one in modelviewer .. that has panda on it.. i'll try to get here picture when i will have time (if it is allowed) --Axell
Just a DropEdit
Having such an item as this being a simple drop would be completely lame in my opinion. I think it would be a hundred times more exciting if it came in the form of a "dormant" item (i.e. Corrupted Ashbringer) and then brought to life through a quest chain or something. I think with the way Blizzard has been paying a lot more attention to detail and making things exciting rather than just repeats of old events, this would be a much more likely course of action...that is, if its even going to be in, which isn't confirmed (they better be though) --Wadark 8:28, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
if added Edit
if it exists (doubtful), theyll probably make it a conjured item limited to black temple, much like the legendary items in The Eye, - 10:36, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
- Some of the models and sounds datamined from the MPQ's does atleast suggest that you will fight the Blade itself, and perhaps, like Kael'Thas, you can loot the weapon upon defeating the blade, though you could probably guess that you might have to fight 2 blades to get both parts of the weapon to finally transform it. └Fisker┘┌t/c┐ 13:26, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
GM weapons Edit
Should this page also include the GM versions of the weapon? Pzychotix 16:15, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think we should include ALL the info about the GM versions, maybe a link to another article that does, however. -- TUSVA ~ T | C 16:18, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
As this article no longer contains the gm weapon data i supose this should be moved to legendary items instead of artifacts. Elrox 11:37, 14 June 2007 (UTC)
It is likely a quest because all Ledgendaries in-game have a quest associted with them. They do not just drop.--22:39, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
- According to Thottbot, the main hand has dropped 10 times, but the off hand has yet to drop. The off hand appears nowhere in the Armory, only the main hand shows up. Is it possible that, while the main hand is a drop, the off hand is found in some other way? Maybe through a quest, once you have the main hand? I mean, on the one hand, it would not make any sense, having one drop and the other not. Although, every legendary has had a quest chain involved with it so far, why not the Twin Blades? You need the main hand to start it, and at the end you get the off hand to complete the set. Though, not having it be clear that there's a quest involved would be strange as well, but why has the main hand dropped 10 times (at least) and the off hand dropped none at all? Where would such a quest start? abexy 06:18, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
for an alliance guild? damn they are getting a lot of pity nowadays.
- Those look fake, the real ones are there too. http://www.wowhead.com/?search=azzinoth -- Raze 00:04, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
I wonder if the blades will have Heirloom like properties (as in will they scale all the way to lvl 80) when you think about there's little reason why the azzinoth set wouldn't be stronger than a at lvl 80, this isn't to say that you shouldn't be able to find a better weapon in Northend, it just should be harder to find a replacement. User:Jony222 12:22 PM 26 Nov 2008
- None of the other legendaries get upgraded; why would these be any different? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 21:22, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- My bad, I mistakenly saw them as artifact quality (GM version)... I though of it 5 mins after I posted but didn't have access to a computer to change it. User:Jony222 8:58: AM 27 Nov 2008
The information in the background section is a quote from an official Blizzard book. I've had to revert changes to that quote twice because people have tried to change its context, or the quote, as well as people who have tried to remove the citation, after expanding the paragraph beyond what the quote originally said. This is warning. Do not alter cited quotes or information, or add to them, and do not remove citations it will be viewed as a violation and vandalism. Any additions should be made a seperate paragraph, or written after the citations.Baggins 00:27, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
Why is it only rogues and warriors that can equip it? Is it because that Illidan is a DH and they're like rogue/warriors? Even if that's true, I'm pretty POed since I'm a hunter. Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 00:16, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
You guys are going to want to see this... Edit
- It looks like Illidan was going to bring Pandamonium to WoW. I didn't know where to put this so I thought this would be a good place. --Super Bhaal 17:25, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- Heh Heh.Baggins 17:33, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, man, it's from Dark Factions. It's a +2 pandaren bane warglaive.
- ...seriously though, I think Illidan might have either been under consideration for use in WoW as a boss NPC or ( granted they didn't retcon what was supposed to be his death ) someone whose weapons you could get ( look at Anduin Lothar and Grom Hellscream ) and they just kept the model for that in. After all, the alpha for WoW was in 2001 or it was still under development and there were trailers released. Since there were pictures of a corrupted Arthas from 2002 onwards, it isn't too far-fetched to see Illidan having been on some drawing board or the other...I'm sure they offed as many people as they did in WC III to make the MMO less hero-intensive, to give you the feeling you were the only one who could save Azeroth. Wow, here I go derailing conversations again. --Super Bhaal 03:10, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
I want that Glaive so bad... --Invin Dranoel 13:31, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
What does a bad Doom fanfic have to do with WoW? Demons appear in several stories.--16:16, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
In Warcraft III the blades looked like this one but its considered a Easter Egg the fact that at one Blade there is a sad Panda and on the other one a Smiley one! (Entaro Adun)—The preceding unsigned comment was added by DarckArchon (talk • contr).
New Timeline Edit
"It is unclear if in the new timeline, Illidan attained the Warglaives of Azzinoth, as it was not stated that he killed Azzinoth before being imprisoned for 10,000 years..."
If he didn't obtain them, how exactly was he using them in Warcraft III and World of Warcraft? It seems like a leap of logic to assume that an event was retconned (despite substantial evidence to the contrary) just because it wasn't covered in another source. Egrem (talk) 18:21, 2 May 2009 (UTC)