Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
????? How the heck any Night Elf would like to call his city after Sylvanas ? This doesn't make sense at all ! And the Latin term "silva" used in many Elven and Night Elven names means forest, so I've got much more chances to be right than you.--Kirochi 12:17, 15 September 2006 (EDT)
Many of the City have been created by the Lost Heroes of W2, but some of them seem like to be new and recently created after the openning of the Dark Portal.I don't know the real architecture of Sylvanaar, but the name sound Night Elvish like Dolanaar.
Is it a new city that was created after the re-openning of the Dark Portal ?
No answers. I didn't see that town, but you can see a NightElf city in Zangarmarsh on the Official WoW:BC Map. There is a tauren Female on that screenshot, leading to the conclusion it could be an Horde Town with Night Elf Structure (Zabra'jin or Swamprat Post), and one of the Night Elf Building got an eagle sign that Night Elf's Building on Azeroth don't have. --Shatiana 13:22, 15 September 2006 (EDT)
Or it's just Cenarion, eh? Tinker
Could be, but there is another Night Elf Town in Zagarmarsh with only a Wyvern master and no gryphon or hyppogriph
How do I know ? Hm...My Little finger told me... really... --Shatiana 13:34, 15 September 2006 (EDT)
I guess, really, that the name isn't from Sylvanas or any Blood Elf or High Elf at all, but the latin word for Forest (Sylvan). Tinker
- Okay, until we have proper info on this, the suggestions will stay here and not on the main page. Sylvanas I'm sure came from the Latin, however we cannot be sure whether Sylvanaar came from the original latin (and thus is a sort of coincidence) or is named after the high elf. Shandris and others, stop the edit war, it does you no favours - none of us have sources, and until we do, it stays off. -- (talk) 10:06, 17 September 2006 (EDT)
- Whether or not it is named for Sylvanas, the linguistic evidence alone names it a night elf town - Astranaar, Dolanaar, Thalanaar, Sylvanaar. --Varghedin 16:11, Sept 17th 2006 (CET)
- Lots of thanks, Kirkburn. I shouldn't have said it in the first place. Now I don't have to jump in front of a train in shame.
- I'm just tryign to stop people getting at each other's throats :) And agreed with Varghedin, it's a night elven name which would suggest against the Sylvanas connection - however, since it's not confirmed it wouldn't be a good idea to present it as fact. Besides, we could be wrong entirely :P -- (talk) 10:22, 17 September 2006 (EDT)
SYLVAN - Elven like Edit
The term Sylvan or Silvan refers to mythical denizens of the forest, usually elves. Any type of elves!!! Mannerheim
Why are they poaching the Thunderlord dire wolvesEdit
The wolves have lived for years and unlike the night elves are actually native to the planet. The Wolves and orcs share a great bond,killing them is much different then killing then some random animals. Zarnks 18:58, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- The wolves work for their enemy.-- 22:35, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Personally I think growing night elf trees and introducing creatures from Azeroth and killing the native wolf is not healthy for the orc homeworld. If anyone knows whats best for Draenor,its the orcs who seek to protect its native creatures. Zarnks 19:33, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
I read the quest and it seems in their eyes the wolves are disrupting the re-growing of the forest.-- 19:37, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Probably because its night elf trees that don't belong there. The wolves and orcs are native,its their planet,they whats best for their world. The night elf trees and fairy dragons could easily screw up the eco syestem. Zarnks 19:39, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Personally is the operative word here. They are doing what they see as right and the wolves, native as they be, are a threat to that. You may disagree with that, but that is why the war in the game goes on. As for 'growing night elf trees' those are native Draenor trees that they are trying to spread. The drakes are a tool for that.--19:44, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
No the trees are night elf trees not the rough draenor trees. What the night elves need to know is that the orc's homeplanet is not Azeroth and you can't put stuff from Azeroth there. Zarnks 19:46, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
The only night elf trees is the town itself.--19:48, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
No they are growing night elf trees,Outlands trees ussally have a rough beauty rather then delicate night elf trees. Heres the exact quote "Our dire wolves are the perfect combination of mount, sentry and friend, but the Alliance scum have been poaching them in the Jagged Ridge." Zarnks 19:50, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
The Alliance isn't even going to stay in Outland unlike the orcs who plan to fix the planet and estiblash it as their homeworld again. Zarnks 19:51, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Ok, the invasive trees are wrong, but the night elves see it as trying to heal the forest. Both side are trying to do the right thing but have differing views on how.--19:55, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Alright lets leave it at that. Zarnks 19:56, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Ok.--19:57, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Was it found after the Dark Portal was re-opened? If not, how did Night Elves get there? Are they a remnant of Maiev's forces? Zanarkand 11:24, 11 August 2007