Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blizzard and the Plural Edit
Blizzard does not -- as claimed in this article -- use shaman as the plural consistently. They use both, and further correct them over time with the spelling shamans. I will link examples here:
- http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/classcombo.html -- The title of this page is "Shamans and Paladins", no really it is. Look.
- http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/shaman/ -- First paragraph.
- http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/cities.html -- Orgrimmar.
If these aren't enought canonical examples, consider: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.worldofwarcraft.com+%22shamans%22+-forum&btnG=Search -- which includes interviews, patch notes, etc. I'm going to start going through Wowwiki and correcting the pluralization of shaman. The argument that Blizzard prefers the wrong way is simply wrong. --Drolfeir 04:09, 11 March 2007 (EDT)
- Addendum: I'm probably just going to remove Darimus's addition to the page in a week or so if there's no compelling debate on the subject. It's shamans. Even Blizzard spells it shamans. There's no evidence that the instances where they spell the plural shaman that it's not just another typo that escapes their spellcheckers by virtue of being, you know, spelled correctly. --Drolfeir 04:24, 11 March 2007 (EDT)
- Since Dolfeir didn't, I modified the mage myself, though rather than just removing the claim that Blizzard always uses "shaman" as a plural, I modified it to "usually" (as they have, over time, gone that way more often than not) and pointed out their inconsistent usage. --Rorgg 10:47, 27 April 2007 (EDT)
I know a little Spanish is ok if it is called Trivia. Making it a section called Spanish invites about 50 other potential languages to be sections in the page. Rolandius (talk - contr) 01:23, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- I edited that spanish fing long ago because I dindt realize it was DNP. It would be good to keep it on trivia since the word is similar
Why does this article even exist? What's the point? It's not remotely a WoW-related topic, it would be better as a note, trivia or subsection on the main page maybe. I'm not saying it has no valid information, but I can't see any justification for an entire article dedicated to one word's spelling. We have nothing of the sort for any other class or spell or enemy as far as I know, including more obscure or complicated things... Dazuro (talk) 06:30, July 7, 2010 (UTC)