- Past discussions archived to...
- ...Talk:Skinning/Archive01 Archived 09:20, 4 October 2006 (EDT)
orange and 100% chance to skill up Edit
Orange does not guarantee a skillup. I just started skinning a couple days ago. Right now my skill is in the 260s, and it takes me 5 or 6 orange skins to gain a skill level. -- Toridas
- Sure it was orange? It sounds like a bug with your game, rather than an innaccuracy in the text, as orange has always guaranteed a skill-up in the game. -- Kirkburn 13:48, 29 July 2006 (EDT)
Try it yourself? You cannot get to 300 skinning with just 300 dead beast mobs.
Orange skinnables are not always 100% chance of a skillup. My lvl 60 started skinning and once he got to skill 180 or so found that orange skinnables are only giving skillups about 50% of the time. -- Astearns 15:17, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
- I have tested on two toons is brakes down like this
1-75 (1) Mob Per point 76-150 (2) Mob's Per point 151-225 (4) Mob's Per point 226-300 (8) Mob's Per point
- These tests were dun with all mobs skind at max lev --Stonclevar
- redid the test using onley elite Mobs witch was harder than it sounds. The number were mutch better just like more getting extra XP for elite moba you get more skinning points. But not being able to track how mutch ech Mob werth frum doing the test I have lernd that thare is a points spred for etch tipe of mobe. it is just more obves wen thare Elite's that thate is a big defrince in the number of points you get frum mob to mob but levaled mutch faster it worked out like this
76-150 (1) Elite Mob 151-225 (2) Elite Mob's 226-300 (4) Elite Mob's hope this helps. --Stonclevar
I just picked skinning back up the other day after getting Finkle's Skinner and it's been a frustrating grind back up to 300. I think Stonclevar's figures are accurate which is disconcerting as that means the last 75 pts will require 600 beasts skinned (1,124 total from 1 to 300)--Kurazzi
Alright, this has been debated about back and forth, but one thing we are sure of, it's not 100% at orange. This has been reply to a few times by CMs on the forums.
My theory is that it is akin to fishing and leveling weapon skills, you need more attempts to level, and the target level does not matter. However, maybe the target has to be atleast green? I'm planning on trying to test this, if I can find a way.--Stfrn 23:58, 2 April 2007 (EDT)
removed comment that was in the body of the article Edit
removed comment as follows:
The above is not true, gathering proffesions (skinning, mining and herbalism), at least before Burning Crusade, did not have to make it past level 35 to get to artisan. Also they have no level requirement for expert proficiency either. This information is gathered only by direct experience, so if it has been changed by patch or expansion, please delete the information above.
Not my actual comment, was cleaning up the article Athryn 16:04, 16 February 2007 (EST)
? some one goof up? Edit
i don't recall skinning taking anything but 3 seconds no matter what level, we also need to correct level requirement for master proficiency if anyone knows what that is.
∙ 16:21, 5 April 2007 (EDT)
removal of wool section Edit
- I removed the references to wool seeing as the way to get it was removed in 3.2 Keastes (talk) 23:17, February 28, 2010 (UTC)
I'm going to start World of Warcraft as a hunter any tips that you think i could use