Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If the Scryers now serve the Light, why are they still Blood Elves, shouldn't they be High Elves? Voren'thal said that the only hope for his race was serving the Naaru. Surely they don't need Fel magic now if they have a higher calling. --Mannerheim 18:19, 16 February 2007 (EST)
Blood Elves call themselves such in honour and memory of their fallen comrades who died in the Scourge attack on the Sunwell, an attack they are still recovering from.
The name has nothing to do with the use of fel magics or demonic powers.
High Elves were named such after their ancestors, the Highborne. It seems to be a trait they follow. -- Condiment 20:37, 7 March 2007 (EST)
What do you think are all those green crystals in Silvermoon? Blood Elves use Fel magics, that's why their eyes glow green. The Scryers on the other hand don't use these magics, yet they still call themselves Blood Elves? Why would they associate themselves with those they belvieve are wrong instead of alligning with the High Elves on Outland?--Mannerheim 22:36, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
An early blood elf quest the green crystals have been there for a long time, which means they would have been there before the blood elves existed. The eyes I say are permanent like orc skin. It seems to be hereditary as Blood elf children also possess the eyes. Zarnks 05:11, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- Its a quest in shadowmoon valley that call the same kind of crystals fel crystal, demon crystals or such like. If the ones in Quel'Thalas are demon crystals they would have had to have appeared during the War of the Ancients. ...Although one might not rule out the Old Gods either, while not demonic, they also had use of dark magics.Baggins 17:05, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
They said the crystals have been powering up their magic and resided there for years. The ones in Silvermoon aren't demonic unless the High elves were using demonic magic. Zarnks 17:18, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- Good Grief! They were calling themselves blood elves before they got involved with demons or Illidan or anything else dark. That happened almost immedediately after they had their pointy-eared heads handed to them by the Scourge. These elves still remember Quel'Thalas, they are still Highborne, and they still remember how Garithos betrayed them, they were there. Heck these guys were the original blood elves before it had such bad connotations Meneldir
Blood elf rep Edit
Okay, I'm not sure if this isn't just a bug or something, but my Blood Elf character just reached 58, and last night I made my way to shattrath to find that I was already friendly with the Scryers with 500 rep to them, and was already detained on sight by the Aldor. I'm thinking that Blood Elves get an automatic bonus with the Scryers? I remember this because my friend was at the time complaining how much of a pain it was being in Shattrath before joining a faction, and couldn't believe how I was already "aligned" with the Scryers on my first day in Outland. Now maybe this is normal, I don't know. But I just thought it's worth mentioning. I'd also assume that Draenei get the same benefit with the Aldor, but as I said before, I don't know. - Toasty McGrath 14:09, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
- Er, Scryers#Blood elf players? 14:12, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
- Yup, I feel like an idiot for missing that. I was actually deleting my discussion post as you wrote that. - Toasty McGrath 14:15, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
- Heh, glad you had a surprise waiting for you in Outland anyway :) 14:28, 31 March 2007 (EDT)
- Why would your friend complain about being in Shattrath PRIOR to being aligned with one faction or the other? I put off aligning myself as long as possible (until about a month after I hit 70) just so I had free reign to move all about the place, use both banks, use both Inns, etc. etc.
MHO: Much as others may like the item tooltips, I really like having a text table of "if you are at this reputation level, these items are available to you", with or without the tooltips elsewhere. It's a real pain having to search through the items, as they're not sorted by reputation level. See Honor Hold for an example of a style I find useful. --Eirik Ratcatcher 18:27, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
- I agree, and added such a chart to the page for the quartermaster to not clutter this up too much. -- Adamonius 18:53, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- Done! --Redlenses 00:13, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
Reputation Discrepancy? Edit
In the "Until Honored" heading of the "Reputation" section, the article states, "These Signets drop from low-ranking Firewing members found at Firewing Point Northeast of Shattrath City." Is not Firewing Point more due east or even southeast of Shat?04:20, 30 June 2008 (UTC)