Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Reforging in General Edit
- I have just popped this in here as a Stub given the little amount of information available at the moment. I'm not sure if this should be a Profession or a Tech stub? Larsiam (talk) 20:33, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm... Engineering on Trinkets. I would be surprised if they allowed more than engineered trinkets to be fiddled with. (Hey, it's not even out yet, there's still time to cry Nerf!) --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 17:27, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- LOL! As it stands, it'll be along the same lines as everything else. An Engineer won't be able to change the "on use" or passive effects of a trinket, but if the Trinket contains Stat Buffs on it, will be able to exchange those for others. Same with Ranged; Won't be able to add more dmg, but if the gun contains a Stam boost, will be able to exchange it for, say, Agility.. Larsiam (talk) 18:02, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I would like to add that currently, the "item comparison" feature considers "white stats" and "green stats" differently. I recently encountered this with a white MP5 being listed as "mana regeneration", where green MP5 was "Mana per 5". Happens with other stats (eg Attack Power) as well. I anticipate that green stats will not be reforgeable, but that the white stats would be. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 19:38, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
-- Actually, MP5 and the like aren't going to be an issue in the new expansion. Mana regen will be rolled in to Spirit, as Attack Power will rolled in to either Strength or Agility depending on your class. So this SHOULDN'T be an issue with Reforging once the expansion comes online, but hey, it's too early to say anything definitively yet! Larsiam (talk) 20:19, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Um... I think you may have missed the gist of what I was saying... It's that the green attributes are not counted the same as the white attributes. AP and MP5 are mere examples. I know of items having 'green' Armor stats, which may or may not be affected, and unless they're also rolling Expertise, Hit, Crit, Parry, Defense, Block, Dodge, etc ratings (and whatever else is currently 'green attributes') into the white attributes, the problem remains. Of course, they could do all of that. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 22:58, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I might be missing it, I've been known to miss things in the past! ;) But yes, as I understand it, they are rolling ALL those things in to the base stats. They are attempting to make it so gearing your toon no longer has any "math" involved. Larsiam (talk) 23:47, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Citation needed on Blacksmiths and reforging Mail Edit
As I recall, that is exactly what was said at Blizzcon, but since I don't currently have the desire to dig through and watch the entire video again to ensure that's what was said, does anyone else recall? (If no one responds in a reasonable period of time, I will do it and cite it...) Larsiam (talk) 08:45, November 20, 2009 (UTC)