Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Normalisation (Burning Crusade) Edit
There has been a lot of discussion on the WoW forums about rage normalization in the Buring Crusade. Finally a European CM has explained the forumla in this thread: Re: Rage formula in beta, you won't believe t.
Basically if we define:
|R:||rage generated by causing damage|
|R':||normalised rage generated by causing damage|
Then the current (pre-BC) forumla is:
|R||=||d / 0.5c|
|=||2d / c|
The BC formula will be:
|R'||=||(R + f(c)s) / 2|
|=||(2d/c + f(c)s) / 2|
|=||d / c + f(c)s / 2|
Where f(c) is the as-yet-unknown "expected rage per second" factor for the given level. With testing hopefully we will be able to discover this function, though we know it is non-linear. --Karrion 23:47, 19 October 2006 (EDT)
This information is also on the Rage page. But I like the layout of the forumlae here (I'm biased, I did some of it), so it would be nice to merge them into that page. --Karrion 06:24, 26 February 2007 (EST)
- How about merge the info from the section at Rage (called Rage Generation) to here, then just add at that spot For more information, see Rage generation. Leave some general stuff if needed for that section so that it doesn't seem really empty...--Sky 06:29, 26 February 2007 (EST)
- Good idea. The maths of it probably do belong in the Formulas: pseudonamespace anyway. I'll stick a merge tag on that section pointing back here to generate more discussion. --Karrion 20:30, 26 February 2007 (EST)
- I agree that the math should be here with the general info left on the Rage page with a pointer leading here. --Ecwfrk 21:01, 9 March 2007 (EST)
- Merge done --Karrion 05:50, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
Removing < 2.0.1 formula Edit
Removed the formula for generating rage prior to patch 2.0.1 as it is well and truly obsolete. The content was:
|R||=||7.5d / c|
|=||15d / 2c|
|R||=||(7.5d / c + fs) / 2|
|=||3.75d / c + fs / 2|
|=||15d / 4c + fs / 2|
|R||=||(75d / 10c + fs) / 2|
|=||(75d / ( 100 x c/10 ) + fs ) / 2|
|=||( (75/100) x (d / c/10 + fs ) / 2|
in fact 75 % from d on c/10 averaged with fs
so maybe would be better
and forumula become
|R||=||( 0.75 x d/c + fs ) / 2|
Doesn't the stance you're in affect rage generation? If so, why is that not reflected in this article? RobertM525 06:56, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think it does, except inasmuch as Rage generation depends on damage dealt and taken; thus, in the Defensive Stance, where you deal and take less damage, you generate less rage; and in the Berzerker Stance, where you take more damage and are more likely to crit, you generate more rage. At least, that's how I understand it. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. --Paulus 03:54, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
I was under the impression that, for example, you generate more rage by taking damage in defensive stance. Perhaps I'm wrong, though. RobertM525 09:15, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- While Shield Specialization (warrior) grants some extra rage while using a shield, and a lot of Prot talents reduce the rage costs of things, there's nothing inherent in Defensive Stance that grants extra rage. --Hrocdol (talk) 15:48, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
Rage#Being_Hit says that you do generate rage from dodge. I found this exceedingly hard to believe so I went and tested it on my druid. There appears to be no rage generation from a dodge, or if there is, it is so small I could never observe it myself. Can anyone confirm the article's assertion? If not, this should be corrected. If so, what is the formula for dodge?
Rage banking over very long periods Edit
Added it at the bottom with "Rage Decay" but I wonder if it'd be more suited in Formulas:Rage? --Falos 10:57, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
Rage vs Armor Edit
What about armor/rage relationship. Does one generate less damage taken rage when he upgrade his armor stat ?
If it's the point, maybe it would be better for a fury warrior to wear mail armor ?