Gnome, goblin evolution Edit
Everyone please go to the goblin talk page if you have questions, but I have a theory about how pygmies are brace yourselves... gnomes that got stranded on the lost isles found Volcanoth who is possibly a type of demon and became corrupted into primitive goblins who sailed to Kezan where they were enslaved by trolls and discovered Kajamite becoming modern goblins. I think I need to lie down. Asajames3 (talk) 01:53, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
- So, I looked at the World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 and the mention of Mimiron and goblins (pg. 159), and it appears right before a section about Gnolls, so I don't think pygmies are the predecessor to goblins, but it's gnolls. It's possible pygmies are a different result of Mimiron's experimentation on gnolls. -- (talk · contr) 27 Feb 2017 5:34 PM Pacific
- Pygmies, could not have been related to Gnomes. WoW Chronicle volume 1 went deep into gnome lore, deeper than ever. If they had been related to pygmies, the authors would have said so. And Gnolls? Really? I am curious, how that is even a possibility in your mind but ofcourse I am willing to listen.
- It says that Goblins were originally a small primitive species that Mimiron expiremented on. Well Pygmies are small and primitive. So, I am just confused how anyone could think it was gnomes based on any information avaiilable. But thats what these talk pages are for :) 188.8.131.52 02:13, March 1, 2017 (UTC)
- That's fair, though there are many races they did not mention that we know were around such as Quilboar, Kobolds, etc. But I see your point. I just personally feel its unlikely they are gnolls. Being that there are many races that the book covered basically by saying "The energies from the well of eternity brought many species to existance" Thats what i tend to think was the case, that the pygmys are thier own thing originally :) We agree on them not being gnomes though :D 184.108.40.206 04:46, March 2, 2017 (UTC)
HA! :D they both have big ears and nose, but i feel it unlikely :). like i said, i am 99% certain that they arent related to gnomes. and 110% certain they arent related to Gnolls. Mimiron...(Ill get the page and exact quote next time) but Mimiron worked on a primitive small race and turned them into goblins. At this time though, gnomes didnt exist, just mecha gnomes. and gnolls didnt come to be till a couple hundred years before the Dark Portal. Lorejunky96 (talk) 01:01, March 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Gnolls were definitely around at the time of the Arathi humans, so that puts them farther back than a few hundred years before the Dark Portal. However, we really don't know when the gnolls really appeared. -- (talk · contr) 16 Mar 2017 2:51 PM Pacific