For additional details on Drops, see ThotBot. Sample: FelCloth drops and info.
low to mid level farming Edit
Is there a particular reason decent farming areas for low to mid level skills should not be listed on this page? I had a heck of a time finding really good areas on this level range and would like to share some of my better finds. Is there a better place to put this information? Should I create a new entry for low to mid level farming areas? Any and all feedback is appreciated.
- I'd suggest to just add the info, everything is welcome. Jeoh 12:47, 22 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Go for it. Everything on this list is "mid level" now anyway what with TBC. Luci 01:53, 31 January 2007 (EST)
Fused wiring Edit
Thottbot has 0 reports of fused wiring dropped by harvesters in westfall. I'm removing that entry. -- Greenman 12:53, 23 Sep 2005 (EDT)
- so now it's "but only rarely"??? NO hits in all the kills recorded by thott seems stupid-rare for an entry in "Places to Farm". /sigh -- Greenman 17:26, 28 Sep 2005 (EDT)
Multiple edits for Stonescale Eel Edit
My apologies for the multiple edits. That's what happens when your fingers move faster than your brain. --Mazian 14:22, 15 Dec 2005 (EST)
Proposed Edit For "310 Skinning" Entries Edit
Some of the things mentioned such as "requires 310 skinning" also say that you have to have finkle's skinner, etc to skin the mobs, but with expansion in place, your skinning can be that high without use of the +skinning bonus tools. I'll try to find time to scan this list and make the appropriate changes to the wording, but if not, just a heads up for anyone who has a bit of time to edit.
Is this page necasary? Edit
The title of this page and what it contains are slightly different, in my opinion. I thought this page would be a list of good places to sit around for a couple hours and make a few bucks. But it's just a list of where to find certain items. The information contained on this page should, for the most part, be contained on the item page. In my opinion, all hard to find items should, for the most part, have a farming guide included in them. I started this on Mote of Fire from my own experiance and from information on the various item databases. For complete, encyclopedic information on an item, this information is necasary. --Mikaka 22:27, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- I would have to agree with you there. If I were looking for advice on how to farm something, I would go to the specific article for that item, first. NTM, this article is loooong, and only tiny bits of it would apply to any one person looking at it. -- 01:02, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
- I agree that information should be AS WELL displayed on each item page but I also firmly believe a collective page is very, very nice and extremely handy to go back t. Saves you from remembering to many pages if you have a single collective one as well as the individual info on each item's page.
- I don't understand why the page is not named right ? When I looked at the title of the page I expected exactly the content I found on it. Gold could be just another section in this guide, but seeing gold is MOSTLY earned by certain items or items found and sold I think the info you need is already mostly right here !!! If you are looking for just pure gold and silver drops, then yes gold becomes a farming item and thus could have a separate section on this page. :)
- --Gontronix 15:54, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
Phasing out this pageEdit
We are now in a process of moving information off this page and onto the specific item, along with any other information you can garner. Please see User:Mikaka/Item guide project for details. If you have any other items that you think need guides but are too lazy to write yourself, please feel free to drop them on that page as well. --Mikaka 20:45, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
- Why fix whats not broken ?
- I always liked this page and yes, it could do with some more information but it has a nice menu easy to use menu, the information on this page is easy to read its collective and very easy to find things on.
- I don't think it should be changed at all and also don't think it should be moved into a format as the template used for the suggested page. That's just cause I don't think the template fits the purpose.
- Does that mean in the new template you going to have to click on each item to get its farming information ? Well, in general I do think each item page could do with a farming section BUT a collective page with open text, like this page right here is a perfect addition !
- So, why fix whats not broken ?
- --Gontronix 15:50, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- I'm with Gontronix, I happen to like this page. Please do not phase this out. Yes, the information should be available on individual mat pages, which will take some work, but this page should remain as an overall index. Reworked some sure, but it should stay. Hekirou 21:55, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- I prefer this page too. I much prefer one big page where I can find everything than a million little ones that are more difficult to find. I can bookmark this, and almost anything I want I can just come here and ctrl-F search, where on the individual pages I have to search, hope Google's indexed it (Satchel of Cenarius didn't show up for months, even after the expansion...In fact, this page itself is an example.), then go to the page, then hope it's there. Too much tendency toward compartmentalization over utility. The Mote of Fire page does it pretty well; this as a general list of 'go here, and look for these', then the individual page for 'On the northeast side of the western end of the southern whatever, do this, that and the other to these guys' specfics. --Azaram 07:50, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
- I definitely prefer moving the farming information to item pages. Dumping it here is like dumping all of one's files in the root directory of a disk. It's a lot of clutter and requires that one knows that this page exists. When I want an item, I look on that item's page to see where to get it. If the information is lacking, I follow the links to the database sites. If wiki searching is broken, we should fix the searching, not dump everything into one giant page. Otherwise, we might as well dump the entire wiki into one page, and that's obviously not practical. - ScratchMonkey (talk) 22:53, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- Instead of starting a new top-level Farming section on an item page, I suggest making it a sub-section of the Source section. (I've also seen "Harvesting" used as the sub-section title, in Mote of Mana.) Is there a policy page for writing item pages where we can establish the appropriate heading? - ScratchMonkey (talk) 23:03, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Knothide Leather Edit
Finally, I recorded my droprates. For Example: Talbuk Thorngrazer Killed 69 57 of them dropped the Leather 12 dropped some Scraps I killed about 5 at a time(as a Warlock), in about 30 sec
The Critters in CoT2, mentioned in the Article: Need about 45sec for ONE of them Drops: Killed 25 15 times Leather 10 times some Scraps