Warlock Spellstones Edit
I have a warlock character and I was playing in battlegrounds and I noticed someone cast Unstable Affliction on me. Because of that I used Spellstone, which is suppose to remove the buff, instead it ignited and killed me. I looked at the move it says dispel, now I'm looking at the Create Spellstone page and it says remove. Did Blizzard forget to mention this in the patch? User:Extremedeath
- Isn't that what Unstable Affliction is supposed to do when it's dispelled? --Piu (?!) 06:51, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
It might be a good idea to <ref> the relevant posts to this, but I don't feel like digging.
I've sourced nearly all of this stuff at http://www.tankspot.com , if someone wants to pull it off there. Still trying to track a couple of things down though. :( Klimpen 10:41, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
Holly crap! Hippogryph flying mounts and Enginear Fly mounts? thats the best news Ever! KoalaMeatPie 17:56, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
Warrior stuff Edit
Why was the stuff added for warriors yesterday, removed?? -- Pomp 15:49, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
- Which stuff was removed? If it's verified and you want to add it back go ahead. Post links to blizz posts if you got em too. --Piu (?!) 02:14, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- OK I see what's up now. It's more of a change for warlocks than a MS buff. All healing reduction effects nerf warlock drains, not just MS alone. --Piu (?!) 02:17, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
Piu, no look at this link http://www.wowwiki.com/index.php?title=Patch_2.3.0&diff=905321&oldid=905318 .. that stuff was removed. -- Pomp 16:36, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
- It looks like that was removed by the same person who added it, with no reason given. I don't see any of those changes on the warrior forum sticky  so I don't know if it's a real change or rumor. Do you know of a link to more info on these changes? --Piu (?!) 23:23, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
Official notes Edit
Official notes are now up! Wikilink away :)20:41, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
Experience changes for levels 20-60 Edit
Let's get some actual numbers for the experience changes in the 2.3 patch, and see if we can collect enough data points to figure out the formula. The official patch notes state "The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60."
I propose two things: first, copy several of your characters between levels 20 and 60 to the PTR. Then take a look at the total XP needed for the next level on each character, both on the PTR and on Live. Post here comparing the two. With enough data points, we should be able to figure out if it's a straight percentage reduction or a more complicated formula.
Second, do the same for quest experience. Complete the same quest on live and on the PTR, and post the name (and level) of the quest, and the XP reward obtained. With enough data points, we may be able to figure out the formula.
-- Rmunn 04:14, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
- According to the unofficial notes:
- "Reduce the amount of experience needed each level by approximately 15% between levels 20 and 60"
- "Experience: The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60."
- Needs testing, of course :) 15:51, 12 October 2007 (UTC)
- I second this idea. Only info I've been able to harass out of anyone 30-60 on the PTR (char copy hates me): Lv 40 quest, was elite, was 3150 EXP... Now not elite, 4350 EXP, same item rewards 02:17, 13 October 2007 (UTC)
- Google Spreadsheet... please contribute! 00:21, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
Incorrect warrior information? Edit
Sweeping Strikes and Death Wish have swapped locations in the talent trees.
Sweeping Strikes (Fury) now lasts 10 seconds and affects your next 10 swings.
Maybe I'm missing something, but neither of these changes are stated in the official patch notes at worldofwarcraft.com. Are they correct, undocumented changes or just vandalism? Machewman 22:46, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- As the blues like to say, there are no undocumented changes while the patch is in testing, just bugs and things that need added to the patch notes (or corrected in them). 23:27, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
Hunter Changes Edit
- Explosive Trap: The initial damage dealt by this trap is now also increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Immolation Trap: The total damage dealt by this trap is now also increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Serpent Sting, Immolation Trap and Explosive Trap all gain additional damage based on ranged attack power.
- Serpent Sting: The total damage dealt by this sting is now also increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
Removed the italic part, because it seems to say nothing different than the other 3 stated points. If it actually says something different we'd need a rewrite on that point; have been asked couple of times where the difference is. Caern 07:19, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
Use of 2.3 Upgrades Loot on Other Articles Edit
This seemed like the best place to ask this question, but why are various instance pages now showing the 2.3 loot? Surely this is unnecessarly early given that we have no idea when the patch will hit. If anything, we should have the old loot with notes pointing out the up-coming upgrades or both sets of loot. Varja 15:57, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with this - my little level 10 mage got quite excited about the new RFC loot for a moment there. Artaxiel 16:02, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- So plan to get it; just don't use it until then. Or rather, just skip RFC. W/e you want. :P
In any case, these are showing up because the item pages themselves have been updated from their Pre-2.3 status, and so the items which are showing up on those instance pages and such are only reflections of that. --Sky (t · c · w) 16:05, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- So plan to get it; just don't use it until then. Or rather, just skip RFC. W/e you want. :P
- Well, the point is that (assuming that I'm correctly informed that the patch is due in months and not imminently), those pages are useless and misleading until then. It's not like there won't be an extended maintenance when the pages can be changed over while the patch is applied. Artaxiel 06:51, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
- You may be surprised :) 16:07, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
- I am, rather, having woken up to the download to 2.3.0. So I guess that's okay then. :) Artaxiel 10:52, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Change to Expertise Edit
How exactly will this be handled, if anyone knows? Will characters get expertise equal to their highest weapon skill before 2.3, equal to the level*5, or some other number? Minionman 03:39, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
- Weapon skill as an attribute of players remains unchanged. Weapon skill rating as an attribute of items will be replaced one-for-one with expertise rating. Mattlistener 16:14, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Paladin's talent reset? Edit
Would there be any talent reset for retri paladins? --Nerator 06:08, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- Unless it's announced in the patch notes or in the forums, no. --User:Kaydeethree/Sig 14:28, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- As much as all the classes are being modified, it wouldn't really be suprising to see a global talent reset.Cobalt fireball 15:45, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
Paladins do get the graphic for Consecration removed.-- 23:46, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Champion of the Naaru - TK and SSC?Edit
I was of the impression that the new title from the next patch was from the TK attunement only; is the SSC one being tacked on as well, or can you do either/or? --Joshmaul 05:50, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Upgrade tracking page? Edit
Can we make a page that includes dungeon-dropped items and the manner in which they were changed? It can be difficult to realize what's been changed about items without a reference of what they used to be, and it can help to see if any dungeons are worth re-visiting.... -]skwɔlʃeɪpr[tɔk - kɔntrɪbjuʃənz][- 23:10, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- Wowhead, go!  Play with the filters to narrow down the result list. --User:Kaydeethree/Sig 23:16, 13 November 2007 (UTC)
- . I've got a brief rundown of all 54 new/changed quests visible to the Alliance on my user page. --User:Kaydeethree/Sig 02:13, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
I recommend that instead of referencing the UI forums for a detailed account of the UI changes we replicate the information on either a separate page or part of the patch page. The reason being when 2.4 hits the 2.3 changes thread will disappear. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by JoshBorke (talk • contr).
ice barrier Edit
Why damage absorbed by ice barrier is reduced?? please some1 tells me this?? it is the only talent for frost specs.by ice barrier spells will not loose casting time due to push-back interruption. but amaount of damaged dealed by mobs or other players not reduced. and a level 65 mob hits u 3 times ice barrier fades from u. that s a really nice change really. i hope they add a new talent for this. Nice Job blizzard cong.
- There are better places for that. Find them. -]skwɔlʃeɪpr[tɔk - kɔntrɪbjuʃənz][- 13:37, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
Undocumented change to Mechanar Edit
The issue: The mob inside Mec would get stuck in the elevator when we ran away to prevent a wipe.
[03:23:40] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Hello there, Tariff. This is Game Master Omiraenn. Do you have moment to speak with me about an issue with Mechanar? [03:24:17] To [Omiraenn]: Hi, I do... We've currently found a way to hit him slightly, and very slowly, however assistance would be great... [03:24:43] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Indeed. I am coming to assist. He will break free and attack you shortly, so please prepare. [03:25:56] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: You should move off of the elevator. [03:26:09] To [Omiraenn]: thanks! [03:26:15] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: You are most welcome. [03:26:47] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: I will let you kill this Destroyer first, before I let you know a few things. : ) [03:27:03] To [Omiraenn]: haha, thanks =P [03:27:25] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Well, now that you have a moment. [03:27:31] To [Omiraenn]: haha, he killed the other DPS ^_^ but yeah, I'm free lol [03:27:43] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: If you try to leash any of the mobs, including Pathaleon through the elevator, it will cause them to become stuck. [03:28:02] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: This can cause a host of other issues as well. [03:28:23] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: I would recommend wiping in the room above, should you need to, to prevent these issues. >< [03:29:13] To [Omiraenn]: Ah, yeah, we commonly try to run down the elevator to prevent a full wipe =P but yes, I can see how the mobs getting stuck can be a big issue [03:29:23] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: *nods* [03:29:31] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: This changed with the patch. [03:29:51] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: It is not quite as serious with the trash mobs, however Pathaleon's Mind Control is rather tricky. [03:30:31] To [Omiraenn]: Yes, I didn't know that could be done with the boss... [03:31:20] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Indeed. [03:31:28] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Well, are there any other issues that you would like to report? [03:31:50] To [Omiraenn]: That's all :) thanks again [03:32:28] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: You are very welcome. [03:32:32] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Game Masters are always eager to know what we can do better and what we are doing well. [03:32:51] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: Take care, Tariff, and thanks for playing World of Warcraft. [03:32:52] <GM>[Omiraenn] whispers: /wave
Obviously, this isn't in the patch notes, and should be noted, as getting them stuck is VERY easy and can take quite a while to kill 1 mob that's stuck.
- They might have changed the way mobs handle the elevator, but this sounds more like a bug, due to it, as it doesn't seem to be intended that the mobs get stuck--Coobra 01:41, 3 December 2007 (UTC)