In the bugged heal section this:
Onyxia heals herself for 45% over ten seconds. This is extremely rare, but always happens during Phase Three. It appears to happen only in very long fights. Even in long fights, though, it does not usually happen.
should be changed to this
Onyxia heals herself for 45% over ten seconds. This is extremely rare, but only happens during Phase Three. It appears to happen only in very long fights. Even in long fights, though, it does not usually happen.
- Wing Buffet: I am fairly certain this ability does decrease threat by a % amount. As a paladin I never have threat issues while tanking, yet I did have her lose aggro 2-3 times in this last attempt - all after wing buffet. TBH, I can't remember how we dealt with this pre-TBC as it was so long ago, but from today I'd imagine having 2 people build threat would work well - one at her side so as not to get hit by the buffet. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jaxson bateman (talk • contr).
Bug Update Edit
Couple weeks ago on Kargath, I was in a group of 10 or so 70s. We got to Ony and wiped from the Phase 2 Flame Breath. We reentered and aggroed Ony again. Here's where things went south.
Ony began moving without attacking us, backwards into the wall, around the sides, seemingly AWAY from any character. She did not use any special moves. Eventually we "chased" her so she started running through the whelp pit. Naturally, all our melee followed her in. We survived one circuit through the whelp pit, but the second trip got us.
After ressing and running back, we aggroed Ony again. This time when she ran into the whelp pit, our ranged DPS mauled her with no fear of retaliation. Once she hit Phase 2, she returned to her normal pattern.
And there were many awesome screenshots all around. KyleOmega 03:42, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
Melee Bug Edit
It kind of looks like the Melee Bug is back again. She will from time to time land on someone's head (usually the tank's) and melee them for a few seconds then takeoff again and fly around later doing it again. This only seems to happen in phase 2, the rest of the phases seem to work as normal. dparvin (talk) 23:36, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Worlds First Kill Edit
Onyxia was first legitly killed by Discordia from US Archimonde without a Taunt-Bug, which was a problem in these days. Source: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=736 This video is made on 05-02-24, upped on 05-03-02, the kill was (as i remember) on 05-02-18. Pictaciarius 12:45, 19 February 2009 (GMT+1)
- Well, When aggroed she says something along the lines of:
- How fortuitous! Normally I must leave my lair in order to feed!
- At the beginning of phase 2 she says something like:
- Bla bla bla* I will blast you mortal wretches from above!
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Benno984 (talk • contr).
"Small Group" Video Links Edit
This is a little nit-picky of me, but it seems to me that the half-dozen or so links to videos of small group kills is pretty pointless nowadays, simply due to it no longer being very impressive. My friend and I can 2-man onyxia as a mage and priest, I've successfully soloed her on my death knight. In short, I don't think the links are necessary anymore and should be removed. Agree? Disagree? Thoughts? wadark (talk) 15:35, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
Like Naxx, this info deserves to be preserved. I suggest this article be moved and a new one start in its place. This will also allow for the new tactics page to be less cluttered. User:Coobra/Sig4 08:13, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with this suggestion. -- ( | | ) 08:19, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- +1, but this should not be done until the 3.2.2 PTR is released. D Long ownz U (talk) 23:55, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, actually... if they only plan to increase her health, damage, and such, and add some items I guess this page doesn't really need preserving. I thought they were going to completely change her loot table. Seems only the new items need to be added and the old items just updated. User:Coobra/Sig4 21:00, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Let's wait and see what it's like on the PTR and resume this discussion then. 3:06 AM, 17 Aug 2009 (EDT)
- The Old Lady was moved from Onyxia (tactics) to Onyxia (original) where she can lay to rest forever.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:57, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- Against, because it's very very unlikely that any of the once revamped boss (naxx and ony) will be revamped a third time.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 20:05, February 4, 2010 (UTC)