Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Why is 'Nether Drake' capitalised? Surely it's a common noun... I think we need some confirmation on what should or should not have a capital letter. ^_^ --Vorbis 05 November 2006, 20:47 (GMT)
- Good point, from the official text, it should be "nether drake". -- (talk) 16:12, 5 November 2006 (EST)
Talk of this being the arena reward mount Edit
People have been saying this mount is rewarded for winning a 'season' in the arena, and is legendary. Can anyone confirm? AzraelOpacus 16:05, 4 December 2006 (EST)
here somewhere blizz stated that (Nether Drakes) are (an) extremely rare neutral flying mounts". If you can get it, as a reward from the arena, it is not rare. Difficult yes , but not rare. Thus I believe, that indeed, you will be able to get the nether drakes from other sources as well --Stimpak 03:58, 5 December 2006 (EST)
- Here's where I think the rumor came from. Now sure how reliable the site is. Interesting to note, though, they have Chilton as saying that top teams get the Armored nether drake. If this is true, likely the unarmored version would be accessible to those not playing in the arena. Time will tell, though. -- Maenos 04:11, 5 December 2006 (EST)
I really doubt its only a reward for arena... In the trailer it said that you need to gain rep to get it... just like most other mounts... im guessing like the wintersaber. --Thursday 22:35, 19 December 2006 (EST)
- Aye, it looks that way. There's actually a faction in the beta now, called Netherwing, which you can gain rep with. There's only one questline available at the moment (unless they added a new one with the patch yesterday, haven't checked), but it certainly looks like the start of how to get a nether drake mount. -- Maenos 06:10, 20 December 2006 (EST)
- Sounds good! Thanks for the info Maenos :) --Thursday 17:03, 20 December 2006 (EST)
There is a quest you get at level 70 in Shadowmoon from a wandering elf just west of the dragonmaw fortress, the quest he gives is a chain that will net you neutral with the netherwing, the quest chain is fairly short and requires 4-5 people (depending on gear) to finish the final part quest walk through: http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/650/ --NetherRelm Friday, January 26th 6:23am (EST)
the link "" http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/09/technology/10warcraft.web.html "", leads to page which you need an account to display. I think it will be better if it was removed --Stimpak 03:49, 5 December 2006 (EST)
There's a blind night elf in Nagrand between the Burning Legion camps and the Consortium outpost (I think) that has a dragon mount next to him. I think, but am not sure, that the mount is a nether drake. (I haven't made it to Shadowmoon Valley yet.) I don't have coordinates handy right now, but someone might want to check this and see, Nagrand is a lot more hospitable for those looking to sightsee than I bet SV is.--Scrotch 20:36, 21 January 2007 (EST)
The Dragon in Nagrand is just a little teaser-mount. You may fly it to survey an area for the NE next to the dragon, but it will lead to no Netherdragon Mount quest/rep follow ups. It does fly with the same speed as my Swift Blue flying mount, but so does any other gryphon @ FPs
Nether Dragon/drake Edit
I think the nether dragonkin articles are a bit messy compared to the other dragonkin articles. We currently have articles on "dragon", "drake" and "black dragonflight", for instance, but no "black dragon" or "black drake". So why do we have a "netherwing", "nether dragon" and a "nether drake" and even a "netherwyrm"?
These creatures are racially the same thing, as seen through quests in Blade's Edge, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon. They hatch from eggs, go through a protodragon phase that is similar to a basilisk, then become whelps, drakes, and finally full dragons. They are descendants of the black dragonflight (specifically, Deathwing), but have become a separate entity.
I'm fine with keeping a "nether drake" and the faction name as separate articles, since that specific kind is going to become a flying mount, and thus has specific game term value. But the rest could do with some cleanup and merging, methinks. Thoughts? --User:Varghedin/Sig 09:40, 24 March 2007 (EDT)
- The rpg had them seperated into seperate articles, plus warcraft 3 seperating them into different units. This site isn't complete, but it also seperates seperate NPCs/Mobs into seperate articles as well. At least with netherwyrm it gave two impressions that Netherwyrm maybe the same direct species as nether dragons (as the parents to the dragons), but they might not be same species, and only be "cousins". As far as I know "netherwyrms" do not appear in the Burning Crusade.Baggins 20:43, 13 May 2007 (EDT)
First Nether Drake Edit
Is there confirmation that this is an actual nether drake? Because there's currently a bug on the PTR that lets you keep the nether drake disguise for your actual mount when you fly to Netherwing Ledge for the Netherwing questline. I'm especially suspicious of the veracity of this claim given how little time it seems to have taken for him to acquire it. - Dark T Zeratul 23:06, 14 April 2007 (EDT)
- I think it's the bug. I haven't seen anyone posting about getting exalted, and the new type of quests (Daily, and there's a limit of how many you can do in a day, to my understanding), make me think that it's just a bug. --Maenos 23:35, 14 April 2007 (EDT)
- It's pointless to list a "first" at all, given the number of servers and the impossibility of keeping track--and even more pointless to list a PTR first. Zurr seems content to reverse any edit that anyone makes concerning his alleged accomplishment, though, so I suppose that's that. -- Svidrigailov 09:27, 16 April 2007 (EDT)
- 1. Yeah, I'm dubious about this guy too. If anyone deserves a mention in the page content for exploring this on the PTR, it's Joni of Malygos who made it to the end today and has been posting about it on the Blizz forums (and Kaydeethree who's been posting here, if that's not the same person). 2. I think we call such editing "vandalism" around here, but I'm too new myself to feel confident wielding the modhammer... 3. Sign your posts! (I've added one for you here.) -- 17:17, 16 April 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not Joni. Any reason why we've got the questline information in about 3 different places, though? Here, Netherweing and Zuluhead as far as I can find. --Kaydeethree 11:41, 21 April 2007 (EDT)
The old Official Information Edit
Do we really need the old official information on this page with stuff like how to fly and how a flying mount handles? --Presea 20:38, 13 May 2007 (EDT)
At least the Lore has to stay. The info on how to use "flying mounts" does not belong here. Its fine in flying mounts page.Baggins 20:41, 13 May 2007 (EDT)
Does anyone know whether or not this will be unattainable as soon as Wrath hits the shelves? Will we still be able to grind rep with 80's, or will Netherdrakes go the way of the Amani War Bear? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by BeatleBomb (talk • contr).
- I'm not sure where people keep getting this idea, especially since Blizzard's never said anything to this effect. The Warbear is being removed because getting it takes a considerable amount of skill, and would be trivialized at higher levels. Getting the netherdrake requires spending time doing dailies, a process which will not be significantly faster at higher levels. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 07:51, 16 September 2008 (UTC)