SHouldn't we put a difference between "Alive" and "Undead" ? It's not really the same thing, you know.-- (talk) 01:24, 29 September 2006 (EDT)
That makes my brain hurt. You know what they mean, so it isn't really a problem ;P --Tinkerer 02:16, 29 September 2006 (EDT)
- Yes, but what I know and don't know doesn't matter at all. This wiki was designed to bring information to every single person looking for accuracy about WoW. "I" am not the only one on earth, neither are you. This is community.
- Ever consider again my proposition ?-- (talk) 03:17, 29 September 2006 (EDT)
Added Noth the Plaguebringer to the famous Necromancer list, seem fitting considering the sheer amount of skeletal minions he creates during the fight. --Wormsborough 10:07, 30 December 2006 (EST)
Just a thought but do you think the Vrykul could be necromancers? Necromancers (all that have the real necromancer model such as Gothik the Harvester) have animal bones, big beards , and are slightly bigger than a human, and the Vrykul serve the lich king... it's just a thought but I saw all the similarities and thought it was worth putting here. Cabeza
Can you?--17:30, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
Yeah, but I just want permission first Mr.X8 17:37, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
AAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH WHAT DID I DO, PLEASE HELP!!!!! Mr.X8 17:38, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
Wait I fixed it, at least I think it was me Mr.X8 17:52, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
Necromancers are my life i get almost every gamethat has them lol but though all this iv learnt that there are sooo meny elements to necromancers and what they can do other then just raising the dead:
they lern about the human body and they spechalise in decay and i think necromacers could have the real Poison DoT's instead of magick curses so they could go into poison alot more they would be the first poison casting class but this wouldent be teher main attack.
Necromancers are the divition of good and evil, light and darkness so i dont think all there powers should be only darkness based and they would more manipulate the light like blood elf paladens do.
(in the next paragraph there may be some things that may upset... somepeople)
On the topic of raising the dead with necromancers there isent only one way eg. the necromancer could purely control a zombie or somthing like that with his pure arcane power but he could also do it with ermm the voodoo doll and while hes doing it this way he can only do it with one undead person But the undead person he is directly controlling with the doll is much Much more durable because the body is not working on the mucles anymore its just the necromancer moveing parts of the voodoo doll.
Games have kept afar from the parts of necromancy that would be a little to much for the player eg. the voodoo doll because to some people it would just seem to much like what the necromancer would be doing in real.. Life, also if blizzard went with somthing close to this it wouldent be suprising if they gave the necromancer the ability to control a humaniod for a small amount of time.
As for necromancer buffs there defenatly should be Bone armour but i hope they make a diffreant graphic for the spell "Bone armour" that is already in the game that i have seen some NPC's cast iv also seen a scroll that lets the player cast it not meny people know but necromancers are also told to have runes that they use to enchant items this might bring a wrong element to the game but the effects of the runes are known to:
- Give fear to those who are attacked by the item.(maybe for a small amount of time there is a chance for the wepon to fear the target)
- Do alot more damage to spirits eg. Deamons, Ghosts, and some undead,
ill probebly have to look up what the rest of the runes do.
lastly i hope bilzzard really does its reasearch if it makes necromancers in the game theres alot of things they can screw up eg. only focusing on re animation :/ —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Necromunger (talk · contr).
- This isn't a discussion forum for ideas buddy. If you want to come up with your own idea for a Necromancer class, feel free to produce it in your namespace (i.e. User:Necromunger/Necromancer class idea) with the relevant fanfiction and speculation tags.
- Nevertheless, the introduction of the Death Knight player class in Wrath of the Lich King is probably the closest we'll see in World of Warcraft. I wouldn't worry too much: I'm sure Blizzard will "do their research" and get it right, having already created 9 other (supposedly) balanced classes with a wide range of abilities. ---- Vorbis Talk Contribs 17:49, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Actually the first accounts of necromancers were Demons who raised ELVES not humans, so the part about they know about the HUMAN anatomy should maybe be changed to something like most living creatures anatomy. Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 05:01, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
Necromancer vs Graven OneEdit
At a writing standpoint with some fiction/roleplaying I have going, I'd like to ask the differences of the Graven One and Necromancer. I realize many differences, but my main curiosity is this: would a graven one be able to create plagues? Does a graven one raise undead from corpses or summon them and if so where? Can a graven one raise corpses like necromancers? Anything else I may have missed? I'm trying hard to see the major differences between these and they seem to be the same D: —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Astus the Graven One (talk · contr).
- Since this really has nothing to do with editing this article, you should move your question to the forums. User:Coobra/Sig4 06:44, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
/noob I didn't know there were forums xD. Will do.
As a Class Edit
Gunther Arcanus I think this guy deserves a place on this page of famous Necromancers, mostly because he has one of the coolest stories for a largely unknown character. A forsaken mage and necromancer who freed himself and earned the title of Lich. Not many other characters have done that. 188.8.131.52 13:44, August 29, 2015 (UTC)