Does he count Lacerate and DoT's from Warlocks as DPS? If so, it's really hard to avoid the big damage from his beam...
Abilities: data needed Edit
We are missing precise data on the amount of damage Moragg's abilities do, and the difference between Heroic and Normal.
- Ray of Pain
- Currently at 2000 damage.
- Is this correct?
- Is there a difference in damage between Heroic and Normal?
- Optic Link
- How much damage does it do in Normal?
- How much in Heroic?
- The tooltip (see Wowhead) says the damage increases over the duration of the channel. How much is it at the start and how much at the end?
- Info on this wiki says that the damage is bigger the further you are away from Moragg. Is this true? It might be an illusion: when a character hit by Optic Link runs away from Moragg, the player will notice that the damage increases. The reason could be simply the increase of damage over time, not the increase of distance. Try this out by starting at a greater distance and moving closer (see if the damage decreases), and by standing still at distance and standing still at close range and comparing the damage to see if it depends on the distance.
The tactics to follow depend on the answer to this question.
- Ray of Suffering
- Damage is a percentage of total health. No problem here, the data is known and is probably the same for Normal and Heroic.
- Corrosive Saliva
- Does not do damage, but reduces armor. No further data required.
- Are there any more abilities Moragg has? Wowhead only lists two for Moragg herself, the other two are mentioned in a comment.
- Does Moragg indeed have all of these four abilities?
Data should be collected by switching on combat logging (use the
= key), and examining the resulting text file. The biggest problem would be running Violet Hold often enough to get several encounters with Moragg. Each run will have a 1 in 3 chance to include Moragg. Once you meet her all you need is to be hit with Optic Link. Simple, no? :-)
- Answering myself, after checking existing logs on WowWebStats. There were 9 fights with Moragg there, but in only 5 of them Optic Link is cast, and of these, two reports are identical. This gives a narrow base of information, with only 4 reports (3 heroic and 1 normal). I have one log file of my own, on normal level, containing two casts of Optic Link, but the raw data is very hard to interpret.
- Ray of Pain
- This persistently does 2000 Shadow damage both in Normal and Heroic.
- Optic Link
- This gives damage every second for 12 seconds. With a base value of D damage, it first gives three times D, then four times 2xD, then five times 4xD damage.
- In Normal mode, D=500, giving 500, 500, 500, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000 and 2000 damage.
- In Heroic mode, D=750, giving 750, 750, 750, 1500, 1500, 1500, 1500, 3000, 3000, 3000, 3000 and 3000 damage.
- These numbers are not consistent over various reports. Actual values are sometimes lower (even taking into account the resists reported). For Normal I have seen: D=475, D=423 and D=500. For Heroic: D=750, D=732, and D=750. This suggests that there is another modifier active. The notion that the distance to Moragg has an influence might be true after all. This requires further investigation.
- The logs show that Moragg has the four special ablities listed and no other. She does have a normal Attack and Melee swing, doing physical damage.
- Summarizing: Most questions are answered. What remains open is: What influences the damage from Optic Link.
- Does the distance to Moragg have an effect? If yes, how?
- Does the base amount of damage ("D") change over the 12 seconds, e.g. by moving closer to Moragg, or is D determined when the effect is cast and remains the same over the whole period, no matter what the player does?
- To find the answers, players will need to record their combat logs, experiment with their position while under Optic Link, and have their logs analysed.
- --Hops Splurt (talk) 20:11, May 15, 2010 (UTC)