"Fire Spirit Pet" Edit
Confirmed Bonfire Edit
Do these quests give any sort of rep? I've done both of the Eastern Kingdoms quests, but haven't received any rep so far. Andostre 07:21, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, late with this post here, but I thought I would answer anyway. You do not get reputation for Honoring or desecrating the flames. What you do get is a lot of XP (on average, the 5 toons I ran through the achievement required fires leveled up 5 times) and a whole lot of PvP fun!!! Okay, some may not like PvP; I like it in moderation....but it is still a lot of fun to run around getting flagged, and getting pummelled by a level 80 Death Knight!! Mostly, it is good if you are a pet collecter (vanity, not Hunter) and if you are active in completing achievements. --Zanderlane (talk) 17:03, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Revamp the page :) I'm compiling a list of coordinates if anyone would like to contribute:
---Niightblade (talk) 09:13, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Ragnaros Alive? Edit
So with the thing the Festival Scorchlings do when you give them incense, it seems to me that shows that, lore-wise, Ragnaros is still alive and active. What with the event at the Dragonmaw Base Camp confirming that Nefarion is dead in story, doesn't that mean that Molten Core is also canonically in the past? If so, Ragnaros is now alive in story.
Ilmyrn 16:34, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
The way I've alway viewed the elemental lords in battle on Azeroth is that whenever they are defeated they are banished back to their own plane of existance. So techincally you couldn't truely defeat them unless you went to the elemental plane and destroyed their true forms.
- Just because Molten Core comes before BWL progression-wise doesn't mean that Nefarian being dead lore-wise automatically means Ragnaros is dead. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 12:30, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Kalimdor fires Edit
- Durotar: South of Razor Hill (H)
- Barrens: North of Crossroads (H)
- Dustwallow Marsh: Northwest of Brackenwall Village (H) ant northwest of Theramore Isle (A)
- Tanaris: northwest of Gadgetzan (N)
- Thousand Needles: Southwest of Freewind Post (H)
- Un'goro Crater: did not find
- Silithus: West of Cenarion Hold (N)
- Feralas: West of Camp Mojache (H) and west of Feathermoon Stronghold (A)
- Mulgore: East of Bloodhoof Village (H)
- Desolace: South of Shadowprey Village (H) and south of Nijel's Point (A)
- Stonetalon Mountains: East of Sun Rock Retreat (H)
- Ashenvale: East of Astranaar (A) and West of Splintertree Post (H)
- Azshara: did not find
- Winterspring: Northwest of Everlook (H) and Northeast of Everlook (A)
- Moonglade: did not find
- Felwood: did not find
- Just use the list of Niight above it's in clean nice format...
"Revamp" Suggestion Edit
The old information should be removed and a note should be made stating the changes. Or at least put the old information under an "Outdated" section.
Bonfire lists Edit
With splitting up the Horde Bonfire and Alliance Bonfire into separate pages, it makes finding the fires difficult since those included directions. I prefer directions to a small map so I know where I'm going - and now I have to go to two different pages to find that information. I suggest having the directions put into the sortable chart or the horde and alliance bonfire pages combined. 17:54, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
I STRONGLY preferred the system where we had listed both alliance and horde bonfires in one list. Players (or at least I) use them both at the same time. I was very disappointed to not see [Area] - [Bonfires (of both sides)] on the page. So much so that I bothered to figure out my old account just to complain about it. DeathFlame131 (talk) 23:51, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- Eh, I guess being able to sort by area works too. Still, I liked having the continent breakdowns and stuff. Made it easier to find the areas you were in close proximity to. DeathFlame131 (talk) 23:51, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
- The current default sort provides us with the exact same view of things that we liked, it just isn't quite as clear as it was when it was laid out in plaintext. DeathFlame131 (talk) 22:50, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
- The bonfire locations haven't changed between last year and this. User:Coobra/Sig4 01:07, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
Getting to Bonfires Edit
Note that at the Ogrimmar bonfire it is impossible to complete the desecration quest at Level 4 (and yes, I did test this on an alt!) before the guards arrive and kill you. --Tequima (talk) 11:42, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
20 per Day?Edit
It says that you can get 20 through dailies but torch tossing and torch throwing only give 5 blossoms per day? 20 is wrong someone should change it or otherwise tell me where the other 10 blossoms daily come from -- D558 (talk) 03:15, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Quest:Striking Back. Guess it should be noted though... that last one for level 67s seems to cut off after level 70 or so, leaving level 80 players unable to do it. User:Coobra/Sig4 04:10, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yea so do level 80 players get 10 less blossoms? cause the Ahune stuff only gives you blossoms for the first run... -- D558 (talk) 04:23, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
As I noted on the page itself, this has been addressed: the quest was extended from 67-70 to 67-80 with the hotfix. There may be individual realms which still have problems with it, but I myself have done the striking back quest with my level 80 toon. If you have problems with it (and yeah, do turn on 'low level quest tracking'), do report it so the support folks have one more note that it isn't working yet. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 17:00, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
A Thief's Reward Edit
I am going to assume that some things have changed this year. I have been running the Midsummer on two of my toons so far, and both of them have recieved the Achievement "King of the Fire Festival". Both of them recieved the quest after turning in the flames from the four Alliance Cities; both of the toons are UNDER level 50. My Rogue turned in at level 45, and leveled to 46 by completing the quest; My Paladin is currently level 43 and turned his in not too long ago. I haven't seen any updates about this, so I thought I would mention it.--Zanderlane (talk) 07:27, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
I have done the event on 3 toons now. My Hunter, level 47 after doing the Northrend zone run, was level 45 at turn in. The quest "A Thief's Reward" is not restricted to players' over 50. --Zanderlane (talk) 13:06, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Not that it matters, because I noticed that there was a few updates done, but I completed "A Thief's Reward" on my Shaman who leveled to 37 while turning in. Glad we got this confirmed! --Zanderlane (talk) 05:31, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- My Alliance toon is level 44 and stole the Undercity flame, so yeah I experienced that too.
It would be nice to, for instance, take a level 10 toon in for research purposes. There would have to be an awful lot of guarding going on, as he'd draw guards from halfway across the zone. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:26, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- I ran my level 7 toon in, and completed the undercity flame quest. Based on this, I expect that *at least* the flame quests can be done at any level. Doing them on a level 1 would require a lot of shenanigans, such as a group to kill off guards, and a warlock to summon the level 1 in - so he doesn't level up simply from running from city to city. While this doesn't say anything about Thief's Reward, I would guess that it, too, is not level limited --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 16:35, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
I ran Midsummer on a new account (I....forgot my old account information. Nothing like losing all of that previous work...) so I am not exactly sure of the answer to this question.
Fire Blossoms I store in my bank will be usable next year, right?
- Fire Blossoms are real-time limited, not account-time limited. They will not be useable next year. I recommend you spend them for the non-limited items (clothes, pet, Brazier of Dancing Flames). --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 16:38, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! Guess I will grab a few pieces of the clothing then. I have the Captured Flame on the toons, but I didn't feel like running them all through the Northrend areas to collect the flames to get the pole dance finished this year. I do not mind running the zones on lower level toons to do an achievement, but since I already will not be able to run the instance to complete the Midsummer event, I will just wait until next year when I am at the right level for Northrend.--Zanderlane (talk) 00:32, 3 July 2009 (UTC)