Variant Strategy for Phase 1 Edit
The purpose of that strategy is to reduce the damage taken by the raid, however it doesn't work. Taking down one channeler at a time looks like this:
0 channelers down: +5x 0% = 500%+ 0% = 500% for the time required to kill one channeler,
1. channeler down: +4x 30% = 400%+120% = 520% for the time required to kill one channeler,
2. channeler down: +3x 60% = 300%+180% = 480% for the time required to kill one channeler,
3. channeler down: +2x 90% = 200%+180% = 380% for the time required to kill one channeler,
4. channeler down: +1x120% = 100%+120% = 220% for the time required to kill one channeler,
together 2100% of the damage one channeler is able to deal in the time required to kill one channeler.
The variant strategy looks like this:
0 channelers down: +5x 0% = 500%+ 0% = 500% for 5x the time required to kill one channeler,
together 5x500% = 2500%. So you take more damage in total.
2.2.0 changes Edit
As of 2.2.0, a channeler can summon more than 2 infernals, although there still appears to be a ceiling as to how many can be out at once. I witnessed one channeler summoning eight infernals during phase 1, including more than two of his up at once, but the total number up at once remained under 10.
The Infernals previously were enslave-bugged, now they are simply immune to Enslave Demon.
Also, added some notes about Quake and Blast Wave being slightly out of phase. Stillfresh 18:47, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
2.3.0 Changes Edit
As of 2.3.0, his Blast Wave can now occur during an Earthquake. This is a change from his previous behavior, where he always waited until the earthquake finished, regardless of the timer.
Fortunately, however, his using Blast Wave while Earthquake is going on cancels the Earthquake.
Stillfresh 15:52, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
2.4.0 changes Edit
I've heard that there are basically two changes coming in patch 2.4.0 (sounds like a mega-nerf). Can someone confirm this:
- No more infernals in Phase 1 (So no more warlocks/hunters needed)
- Cube-clicker debuff is 30 sec instead of 90, so you only need one group of clickers (+backups)
- I heard only 1 infernal per summoner, but they were still there. Haven't been on PTR to confirm myself. Stillfresh 14:42, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
Magtheridon's Head Edit
Does anyone know, can this head be looted by everybody in the raid, or just one? And after the head is turned in, is it ONLY the person who turned in the quest who can recieve the reward? ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 06:27, 28 June 2008 (UTC)