second boss description Edit
"[...]Boss must be done when room is half-cleared [...]"
- Untrue and removed. Caern 11:33, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
random stuff no on cared to give a topic... Edit
Magisters' Terrace is the name on the newly released map... --N'Nanz 12:25, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
- That's true, but you need to move this article rather than creating a new one. Otherwise you're omitting the previous edit history of this article. Since the other article now exists, you'll need an admin to perform the move over the redirect for you.AMBER(RΘCK) 12:27, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
So, I noticed something: It seems the wyrms on the way to the second boss pull when you cast a spell, including healing allies. Do they have two aggro ranges? --Yasuhiko 2:56, 1 March 2008 (PST)
The last pull of 6 mobs before Kael'thas seems hellishly hard, even on Normal, and they reset if you don't kill *all* of them. Has anyone got any tactics for how to handle this pull? It's not like our group was under-geared either (S1, Kara or better gear for everyone) Sleepyfox 12:58, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- Use CC, fears (paladin fears for the succubus if available) and dish out damage. Caern 11:33, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
Why does someone keep changing the part of the page that says what the instance is "commonly" known as? Just yesterday, three abbreviations were listed, while today there is just one - MT. MT's already in the WoW-player vocabulary as meaning "Mana-Tombs," but that hasn't stopped people from labeling things ambiguously before. My server (Detheroc) typically calls it MrT, or MagT. MT hasn't caught on with us at all. Can whoever is changing this please respect that fact that there are different abbreviations in use? - Ubiquitous42 20:05, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- The most common abbreviation on my server, Darkspear US alliance, is MgT. As amusing as calling it MrT is, I don't think any guild on the server is able to take down that raid boss. Evanfardreamer 10:56, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
The people on Bleeding Hollow call the instance/raids QD5 and QD25. QD being Quel'Danas, the island on which the instances reside on. Quel'Danas 5 man and Quel'Danas 25 man. MrT is an absolutly silly name. MT is Mana-Tombs. QD5 is a much better and logical choice, yes I know QD refers to the island but like it matters.
heroic door bug? Edit
We ran MgT the other day on heroic but only got to the room with Delrissa (didn't kill her) before people had to log. Then we put 4/5 of the group back together some hours later and added a new person. Once we cleared the repops up the the room of the first boss, though, the door leading to the rest of the instance was closed and there was no way to open it.
Is this a known bug? Can GMs help? --Scrotch 22:56, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
- Did anyone log out *IN* the instance? This might be a "protective" measure to prevent people from "exploiting" (logging out on alts, then logging in on them if their main dies on a fight). Other heroics work the same way. For example, Murmur doesn't drop his quest item for Trial of the Naaru if you had someone disconnect mid-instance, and you replaced them with someone else. -Terrian 08:00, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
lock it? Edit
Reputation gains Edit
I've added and corrected the section containing reputation gains the past two days. These have been verified by me personally, except by two points. I do not know if the Wyrms give you 2 reputation before revered in heroic mode. The second point is that the total reputation gains for a run before revered seems a bit low (1640 reputation). I can not verify this since I am past revered, and added a confirmation tag until someone can confirm it. I left it there because it was written in the article before I created that section. Would also be nice to get the reputation value for Heroic mode before revered. --Highwind 01:30, 1 April 2008 (CET)
Small update: I changed the 2 reputation gained from Wyrms to 1.25. It makes sense for the reputation to be multiplied with 1.25 just as everything else gained from a normal run was. The source that stated 2 reputation per kill in heroic is the same source that stated 12 reputation per Wretched kill in heroic. --Highwind 01:45, 1 April 2008 (CET)
I've run the instance twice on Heroic, and become convinced both times that Vexallus is giving no rep. My character was at 11999/12K (Honored) the first time I noticed, and well into Revered (6K/21K) the second time. JIM 13:35, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
- There is an issue with getting 11.999k/12k during an instance it seems. Everyone has reported that they would stop gaining rep completely for the rest of the instance. It seems like a bug, but I don't really know why it's like this. --Highwind 18:10, 1 April 2008 (CET)
I've just now set foot into (reg) MgT for the first time right after I dinged Revered SSO. Both the first and second bosses have indeed given me 120 rep each. I don't know if something was changed in a patch or what, but i'm just putting this out there. SannaSK (talk) 17:59, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
Patch 2 April 2008 Edit
Now it seems the bosses give 250 rep after revered in Heroic mode (gave 0 before). I will change that part accordingly, but will need some confirming on normal mode revered/not revered reputations. Kael still gives 250 rep, so I'm not sure if he ever gave 500 rep. --Highwind 23:30, 2 April 2008 (CET)
Level of difficulty Edit
Will the people changing the level of difficulty comment please stop. I realize that some people feel this instance is no harder then Shadow Labs or Shattered halls, but you are either very skilled or very geared. As a tier four geared tank with tier four geared people I have run all level 70 instances and this is the only normal instance where I actually put on my tank gear. A group still in greens and blues may be able to finsih but they will have a very difficult time. This is by far the hardest level 70 instance and on normal mode it is just as hard or harder then heroics like Underbog and Ramparts. Consider the comment on the difficulty a simple warning to players who wish to attempt it. -Triforceelf, Rexxar
Need feedback for Problem report #9036 - Kael pyroblast in Heroic Edit
The anonymous reporter says the following:
- The content about kael's Pyroblast is incorrect the pyroblast on heroic is actually cast as soon as a bird is killed, The proper way to defeat Kael on heroic is to kite the bird around until Kael is at about 52% life burn the Pheonix down then dps kael for Gravity lapse.
I'm not too concerned about the particular strategy, but whether the current pyroblast info is correct ("The Kael'thas fight is a little different in that he casts a Pyroblast one minute into the fight (won't cast it if he enters gravity lapse mode before that)"). So if anyone knows what is correct, please comment here or at WoWWiki_talk:ProblemReports/9036. -- (talk · contr) 1:49 PM PST 14 May 2008
- The time I ran it on heroic I didn't even know he had a pyroblast and there definitely was a phoenix out that was killed. Zurr T ∙ C 04:47, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
Mind Control of Sunblade Physician Edit
Having just completed a run on heroic, our group found that the sunblade physicians could indeed be mind controlled. I've edited the page but somebody might want to check exactly what's going on, and in particular whether they can be MCed in normal mode.