Korgath vs. Kargath Edit
I decided to edit this one to better reflect a problem I had with it. Though Korgath is used often as a name for the orc chieften, so has Kargath. Thus, I added Kargath and the information, including the quote from the WarCraft II Manual, to better inform people of this. I also updated other parts involving Kargath, including the fact that the realm name and horde outpost were both named in Kargath Bladefist's honor. --ScytheRexx 10:18, 14 March 2006
- It appears that Foogray moved the Korgath Bladefist article to Kargath Bladefist, renamed Korgath to Kargath in the article in most places, and made some explanation to the change. I did a little research and I just want to add some more reasoning. From a quick Google search the following sources use the following names:
- Korgath - List of Warcraft characters at Wikipedia, Warcraft Character Guide: BC at Lunarfalls.com, Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal - Orc Campaign - The Skull of Gul'dan at BlizzPlanet.com, Realm Name Lore | xenoveritas.org
- Kargath - Legendary Heroes > Kargath Bladefist at WarcraftCentral.com, World of Warcraft Server Realm Names Lore at BlizzPlanet.com, Warcraft II at Wikipedia, Locations in the Warcraft Universe at Wikipedia, Realm Name Lore | xenoveritas.org, Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans at Answers.com, "K" at warcraftwars.com
- So it would seem there are multiple sources that refer to both Korgath and Kargath. How do we choose?
- In this case, I think Foogray made the right choice. "Kargath" is actually used in the name of a Horde town in the Badlands, the name of a European WoW realm, also a character name used in unreleased Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans game (assuming the Answers.com info is correct). Korgath appears also, but even xenoveritas.org uses both names!
- Only Blizzard can answer definitively, but Kargath seems to be the most likely. --Fandyllic 10:55 AM PDT 4 Jul 2006
From the screenshots i've seen, he has both hands replaced with blades now. His left, historically correct, is replaced with an axe blade, but also the right with a sword blade. Yet he's also got a sword positioned on his model as if he is supposed to have a hand on the right. Is this a bug? Is the right hand in some sort of fist weapon that looks similar to a bladed fist while still holding a sword? :s --Zeal (talk - contr - web) 15:02, 23 December 2006 (EST)
- How the hell does he eat?--Grid 13:21, 25 December 2006 (EST)
- Badly. -- (talk) 17:04, 25 December 2006 (EST)
- Fork attachments are handy 17:07, 25 December 2006 (EST)
forget how he eats, how does he use the bathroom?--Truckman1 21:51, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
- Honestly, there's no problem. He just has to get the meat straight from the carcass. Annoying, but probably quite useful at Christmas. Has anyone else seen every one of their uncles fail spectacularly with a carving knife? Nope, Bladefist is the only way to go.--Ragestorm, Head Bookkeeper 18:46, 25 December 2006 (EST)
If you see close, he has a sword and a blade in the right hand, so i think that that blade is part of the armor or something similar, while in the right hand he wield the sword. Instead we have to think that he has a sword and a blade in exchange of the right hand. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Superfranz8 (talk • contr).
- I've never seen that blade anywhere before, I think it is more of a bug then actually working correctly. Zurr T ∙ C 18:14, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- I think they made his WOW charecter model wrong, i can see his left hand, but not the right, at the right side you can see the sword is atached :D--JVS (talk) 11:17, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
Dead or Redeemed? Edit
ok i cant tell if Kargath is dead or alive according to lore. My thoughts are prior to the quest in wow he could possibly be Dead, alive but as fel orc still, or alive and has been redeemed by Thrall or some shamans. When I say redeemed I mean becoming released from the bloodlust, which to be honest wouldnt Magtheridon just need to die in order for the fel orcs in outland to revert back to normal green/brown(mag'thar)orcs?--Maelstrong 01:34, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
ok... i just noticed that magtheridons page says Status: Alive(Killable), eitherway he still could be redeemed like Grom was, plus it should be easier since it seems Mannoroths Blood is Stronger than Magtheridons I believe.--Maelstrong 01:40, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
I'm just asking if hes dead or not ok! jez, it wasnt speculation, I was asking if he was dead or redeemed or alive.... THE point is that i'm asking if hes dead or not ok. I was just putting more detail in it so no one would what do you mean by redeemed and i included what i already know. I dont want to hear someone who yells at everysingle question and suggestion i make. My point on that it is not speculation and if you would explain to me what you believe is speculation i can prove you wrong, unless a Admin says that its speculation. Your doing the exact same thing as you were on Balazzars Talk page.--Maelstrong 21:10, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
You're right. I'm telling you what you need to be told. I might be rude about it, but hey, that's just the way I am. If it helps you feel better, you're not the only one who I talk to like this. So at least take comfort in the fact that you're not being targeted.
As for "its not speculation"...yes, it is speculation. I mean, what the hell? Even THINKING that Kargath, or any other fel orc for that matter, could be redeemed is PURE speculation. No other fel orcs ever were redeemed. No other fel orc that was turned red was ever turned green or brown again. Yet, you're suggesting a theory that they could, built out of little to no proof to support your theory. You, believe it or not, have just speculated. Congratulations! Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 14:08, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
i'm just letting you know right now that your basically going on with a conflict that was resolved a long time ago. Let it go. And dont respond to this please, i just think its really sad that you want to continue this conflict. If you do respond to what i have just said then i rest my case and you just want to act like a 6 year old. Dont resume resolved conflicts....--Maelstrong 01:21, 26 April 2009 (UTC)