- coughalphaleakanonocough* Pzychotix 20:54, 6 September 2006 (EDT)
- What? --Stilanas 22:33, 6 September 2006 (EDT)
- Right... well ANYWAYS I added the new Draenei and Blood Elf jokes, hope you enjoyed. The Female Draenei ones aren't all mine btw.--Angellic 06:50, 11 October 2006 (EDT)
- I've heard that some of the new jokes were removed/revised in a recent push. Can anyone in the beta confirm what's been changed? Tuhljin 19:58, 23 October 2006 (EDT)
- Updated now... 3 new Dranei male, two female Dranei ones that seem to have been removed... new Blood elf male and two new Blood Elf female ones. Psyker7 20:47, 8 November 2006 (AEDST)
- "Do Gnomes have a vibrate setting? I'm just curious.", damn shame they removed that one :P - 04:56, 8 November 2006 (EST)
- Might be interesting to include origin information for some of the jokes. Some of the jokes are folk-ish and probably have no clear origin, but a couple are most definitely allusions to books and/or movies. Sound good?
- Mpq wise where are jokes stored? ----Gurluas
- The Burning Crusade is here with new zones, new mobs, new races, new instances, new PVP objectives, new craftable items and a new profession...but no new /silly emotes for the original eight races? Even after they got rid of one of the best troll /sillies? Boooooo! >_< --Illidan Rocks 06:36, 22 January 2007 (EST)
- It would be nice to have some MPQ's or something where the jokes are stored. Anyone know if there's an easy way to find them? --GeekOfDeath
Jokes not in game Edit
"Westfall makes my ass itch." (human female joke has been removed/not in game)
"I know it seems strange, but I'm practically a cow, so why am I wearing leather?" Male Tauren. I've been a male Tauren for a long time, and I've never heard this one... --Azaram (the Tauren Druid)
German Client Edit
Many of the jokes on the German client were essentially just translated. However the Male Human joke about being "two tents" doesn't work in German, and was replaced with the joke: "Ein Fischer triff einen andern am Pier. Ein sagt: 'Hi!' Der ander sagt: 'WO?!'" The joke translates as: "One fisher meets another on the dock. One says, 'hi!' The other says, 'WHERE?!'" The joke is a common Dutch and German joke since the word for "Shark" (Haifisch) is often shortened to "Hai", which is pronounced the same as "Hi", the greeting. >_< Yeah, puns just don't really work in a different language. --Amathusia 12:34, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
Gnome Joke Edit
The male gnome joke, about the big butts.. I heard it in game 4 days ago. it's still there. (might be subject to the obscenity filters) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wahr (talk · contr).
The draenei "step one, step three" joke? A South Park reference? Gimme a break; jokes like that are probably older than radio, much less South Park.
Farseer Lolotea ● contrib 11:39, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
I actually replaced the reference, then saw that you posted this. Whether or not it came from somewhere else, its undeniably spread by the South Park episode. '''Nikandros, Dwarf Hunter (RAVENHOLDT)''' (talk) 02:34, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
Human male joke Edit
A how-to on saying jokes from other races/genders would be nice Edit
I have seen this done, but browsing the web on how to give non-racial jokes in the /silly command would give a nice twist.
When I was on a raid in Ulduar, one of our Paladins, alliance side, gave a Blood Elf /silly voice joke when we were on the 5 min break after boss. I'd sort of like to know how to do this, rather then restrict myself to my own races jokes alone. However it doesn't seem as silly as
/silly [race] [gender]
or whatever suffices for modifying which joke list it'll use that time around. So how did he modify this? I'm still looking for some indication, on whether it was through the command line, a mod, or how. Though many URLs on the web list the jokes themselves, they don't indicate how this person (for instance alliance side, gave a /silly from a horde race), etc
I'm sure they used this API function (http://www.wowwiki.com/API_PlaySoundFile). But that's as much as I can tell you, I don't know where the joke sounds are stored. Exarcotic (talk) 14:02, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
OK, I asked the guild member how he was doing this, when during a now much more recent raid, he was giving blood elf jokes. He told me. He's got an Orb of the Sin'dori. So while one's using such an orb, they'll give the /silly for the race they're transormed into.
I tested it off the Orb of Deception I have, and I was giving /silly other then a Night Elf's. The one's he was saying will not work however, is when one's transformed into an orc while doing the Netherwing dailies (sure enough I gave my own racial there, tested, confirmed). But orbs which disguise you as another race, work for this.
Draenei joke Edit
I'm pretty sure the one about the butter and goblin jumper cables is a flirt, not a joke. Can somebody confirm this for me? EDIT: Whoops, forgot my signature... from a billion years ago... Gatta's Only Fangirl 21:02, March 28, 2010 (UTC)
Female Night Elf Joke 4 I think? Edit
"I think guys just use the Emerald Dream as an excuse to avoid calling me back." I think it's "I think guys just use the Emerald Dream as an excuse to avoid calling me fat." Might just be me though. edit Never mind the first one makes more sense.
Dwarf Male Joke/ Too Hot by Swollen Members. Edit
It is highly unlikely that the Dwarf male joke "I don't have a drinkin' problem! I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem!" is a reference to the song "Too Hot" by Swollen Members. The song in question was on the Album "Black Magic" which was released September 12, 2006. WoW was released November 23, 2004. I am fairly certain this is just one of those sayings that has been around. I think the reference should be removed from the page.
126.96.36.199 19:40, October 13, 2014 (UTC)Female human joke voice?
Who does the voice for the female human jokes? Grey DeLisle? It sounds like Grey DeLisle to me.