Crowd Control Edit
Can the understudies be crowd controlled in any way? Fetch 12:39, 22 May 2006 (EDT)
- Instructor and his Understudies are completely immune to all types of Crowd Control, including Shackle Undead. The only thing Understudies are not immune to is Priest Mind Control. Imper1um (talk) 17:11, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Type : Undead Edit
Death Knights, though working for the Lich King or even for the Burning Legion, are still living : why classify them as Undead ? Is this a balance for Forsaken being called "Humanoids" ?--Kirochi 07:59, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
- Possibly as a small boost to offensive capabilities of paladins? --Murodese 11:22, 24 June 2006 (EDT)
- Paly DPS? BLASPHEMY!!! --Sirence 9:25, 28 June 2006 (EDT)
- Tell the pallies in my guild that ;p --Murodese 10:34, 4 July 2006 (EDT)
- ROFL you're right Sirence that doesn't make sense (hmmm ... awful rhyme).--Kirochi 10:02, 3 July 2006 (EDT)
- Game balance triumphs over lore. All the anti-undead stuff (Consecrated Wizard Oil, Undead Cleansing Gear, Seal of the Dawn) would be useless against this guy meaning there was no reason to do the AD's quests, I geuss. --Hobes 1:35AM, 4 July (EDT)
- Paly DPS? BLASPHEMY!!! --Sirence 9:25, 28 June 2006 (EDT)
- Ignoring all the banter above, Rezu's classification as 'Undead' allows Paladins to be able to get the little edge due to being Undead. The only reason that the understudies are classified as 'Humanoid' is so that they are vulnerable to Mind Control. Imper1um (talk) 17:11, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Be sure to clear the whole room before attempting this guy for two reasons:
- You need the room to spread out.
- He brings all of the remaining mobs to assist him, which will instantly wipe your raid if you didn't clear everything.
Found that last one out the hard way, rofl.
--Vaerik 04:54, 22 June 2006 (EDT)
I don't belive the adds respawn during the fight anymore.
They do respawn, respawn timer is just quite long, 2-3 minutes maybe. Could be more. We had one add respawn which was killed in the beginning.
In related things that wowvault thing is mostly outdated and/or misinformation. Should it be removed or?
- You do not need to clear out the entire room to pull Rezu. You just need to get to him. Extra Mobs from outside the area will not pull unless you get close to them. As for spreading out, neither the Instructor or his Understudies have a cleave or range-based AoE (such as Time Bomb in the final fight for Naxx), so feel free to get close to him. He doesn't bite, hard. In 10-man, the Tanks will take over the Extra Adds, but in 25-man, the MT will tank all of the ADDs that the Priest do not Mind Control. The Tank will also need to pull before the priests step down to MC. Imper1um (talk) 17:17, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Triumphant Shout Edit
Our MT's have repeatedly comment a seemingly random increase in the Understudies' damage. AFter some more test, this seems to always accompany a Triumphant Shout. Detect Magic shows no buff on the mobs, but has anyone else noticed this? It would seem the shout does have an effect.
Priest Shadow Focus Edit
"The priest talent Shadow Focus also decreases the chance for Mind Control to resist. This talent works exactly as spell hit does - hence, if you have 2/5 Shadow Focus, you do not need any +hit gear, and vica versa."
I'm almost positive that this is incorrect. Shadow Focus lowers the mob's level in relation to you for shadow spells. +Hit gear only affects the initial application of the MC, not the change of it breaking. Shadow Focus makes the MC last FAR longer and is needed IN ADDITION to +hit gear for maximum effect.
Before I post this on the main article, can anyone confirm or deny this?
- I am pretty sure +hit gear affects both the initial application and the chance of early breaking. The adds are level 82, which means a level 80 player needs 6% hit to eliminate Misses and the chance of early breaking (not due to channeling interrupt). Shadow Focus has also changed and gives only 3% hit with 3/3 Shadow Focus. The article should suggest that Priests have 6% hit (between gear, talents, and food like Snapper Extreme). I added a short section on this in the 25-man strategy section, please check for factual accuracy. Balthar (talk) 19:07, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- I can confirm as of Jan 21, 2008 that, as a Holy Priest with no +Hit and No Shadow Focus that I have not failed a Mind Control while doing this encounter (120+ Casts, both 10 and 25-man). I believe that Blizz did this because they expect most Raiding Priests to be Holy (no +Hit), and didn't want a raid to wipe because they couldn't hit their MC. Also, MC does not break early under any circumstance, however, it is limited to the -50% Channel Time created when hit by the AoE or a Jagged Knife. Imper1um (talk) 17:01, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
You can technically be crit immune during unbalancing strikes with 510-520ish defense and 110 resilience obtainable from the merciless gladiators shoulders, hands, and shield. Still need confirmation on this. --Craero 14:56, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
- It is possible, and any tanks with too much Defense I have not seen crit. The only issue is that Rezu will three shot a tank, even if they are not crittable. However, since no one will ever tank Rezu, no one should never have to worry about this. This will make the Understudies crittable during the Debuff, but it is not entirely and issue, mainly because they have lots of health. Imper1um (talk) 17:06, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
WotLK: Death Knight trainer Edit
Now, he looks like to be a Death Knight trainer. You have a screenshots confirming it here: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/wotlk/ingameshots/ebonhold/ebonhold_02.jpg
- Looks to be a quest giver for death knights, not a death knight trainer. And anyways, the current page should be moved to Instructor Razuvious (tactics) while this page becomes whatever he is currently, or rather soon to be. User:Coobra/Sig3 18:28, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- There are more well-known quest givers for death knights in WotLK: Gothik the Harvester, Noth the Plaguebringer, Baron Rivendare... And yes, we should definitely create Instructor Razuvious (tactics), Gothik the Harvester (tactics) and so on.