- Previous discussions closed and moved to Talk:High elf/Archive1.
With all the content appearing with WOTLK, I've noticed that there have been interesting changes between the high elves (moslty of the Silver Covenant and the Alliance. (Particularly Night Elves)
First off, there are many high elves from the silver covenant fighting alongside alliance forces all over northrend. Second, There are high elves in ALL major cities (including Darnassus) when the Strand of the Ancients weekend comes up. Third, many of the Alliance Conscripts are night elves, and fight alongside Captain Iskandar, (who is affiliated with the Alliance expedition instead of the silver covenant) Before the Wrathgate event, there are High elf mages and Night elf Sentinels fighting along side each other as well.
Recently with the Argent Tournament we've seen not only many high elves from the silver covenant (hosting), but also many high elves part of the Argent Crusade, as Patrollers, Vendors, etc. Heck, there are high elves and night elves literally standing next to each other in many cases.
Basically, what I'm getting at here, is that maybe with all the recent changes, that the "Alliance Shunned" high elves arent as "shunned" as they were before.--Blayaden (talk) 15:15, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think its safe to say relations are improving, another example is the High Elves in Dalaran willing to host Night Elves along with the rest of the Alliance. As well as the Night Elves being stationed in Allerian Stronghold. At this point i dont think they are shunned at all. Most people probably realize how High Elves are trying to distance themselves against Blood Elves and they respect that. --User:Queldorei
- Also there is Fiora Longears in Auberdine, the night elves are starting to warily accept the high elves and their sacrifices to fight their addiction and to aid the alliance, just like they accept humand and gnome mages.
- Another good example is Moonbell a night elf stable master wearing the Silver Covenant Tabard on the ptr realms.--Gurluas (talk) 12:56, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- With the arrival of the cataclysm expansion we can see how the night elves, led by Tyrande Whisperwind, will accept the Highborne between them. We can therefore conclude that, faced with these difficult times of great strain of war between the Alliance and the Horde, both the night elves, high elves and the Highborne, have left behind their grudges to unite and fight alongside the Alliance. [[[User:Northem|Northem]] (talk) 15:27, April 7, 2010 (UTC)]
Existance and NegligenceEdit
You Know what I feel The High Elves are being totally forgotten by the Warcraft Universe, not just by fans but by the freaking writers damn it!! I mean come on They should make some more stories about how the High Elves can regain their former glory or how they have found a way to prevent themselves from going extince like finding a way to get help from their core race breatheren the Night Elves to help breed with them to get pure first generation Highborne Night Elves that will eventually become First Generation High Elves or something and so on. I mean either make more stories about them in the up comming Cataclysm Expansion and other expansions or storylines, or just let them go extinct and be erased from all of warcraft for good. Because there are fans who care for them (Me being one of those Fans) and who want to know more about what's going to happening to them. So yeah.
Highelf buildings.jpg Edit
This image shows elven architecture in Outland and has a description which says that they attempt to show that they are not blood elves of Quel'Thalas. This makes little sense seeing as the high elves in Outland are remnants of the Alliance Expedition and would not have had any idea that there was ever any distinction between high and blood elves until after the portal was reopened (and the Allerian Stronghold was built decades before that). Sarvam (talk) 00:29, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
- The high elves are not the ones showing the distinction to others, Blizzard is showing the distinction to the players.-- 00:31, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
What is the deal with those fan made images? They clearly present some differences that are not in game nor in lore (Shorter eyebrows, larger ears) and the face selection shows a clear bias on my opinion. I think they shoud be removed, they don't even have the aesthetic cuality of other fan images.--Beloren (talk) 07:32, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I think they serve a useful enough purpose and should be included in the article but i agree with everything you said and they need to be redone with default models and the same hair, face, etc...I opened up model viewer, loaded up the female elf model with all it's defaults. The only thing i changed was the skin (I used the default blood elf one and the default high elf one). Of course mine is very rough and i wouldn't add it to the article. If nobody makes one that looks good enough to put in the article i would support just removing it entirely. 08:08, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Which fan images are you talking about please?
- File:High Elf War Mage.jpg and File:Epicranger.jpg?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 13:35, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- These ones
- File:Blood Elf versus High Elf - male.jpg and File:Blood Elf versus High Elf - female.jpg
- I'll try to come up with some images with model viewer and a background, I'll post them here to see what the other users think. --Beloren (talk) 19:57, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I gave it a second tought, Any image that we could make wouln't add anything noteworthy to the content. I think that these images should be removed without being replaced. On the other hand, the image about the high elves eye color could be redone to show the difference. But in any case, this is not necesary. So I think those fan images should be removed.--Beloren (talk) 03:04, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
High elf crest/logo Edit
The high elf logo at the top of the infobox is just a recoloured Icon of Blood. I feel the phoenix imagery is inappropriate, as it is a symbol adopted by the sin'dorei to represent their rise and fall. There are fans who have reconstructed the unicorn symbol from the ruined destroyers across Azeroth, so why isn't that used? An example would be this. --Ingariel (talk) 00:12, April 10, 2013 (UTC)You mean this? Macrophager (talk) 01:38, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
Which is why I think we should use it in place of the logo we have in the infobox at the moment. Maybe there's copyright issues with the reconstruction I provided, but it doesn't look like it's hard to recreate the logo since we have sources across Azeroth (aka the ruined destroyers. Edit: the image you given is a purely user creation. I mean the blue-and-silver unicorn head on the sails of ruined elven destroyers, and elven destroyers in WC. --Ingariel (talk) 16:04, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
- It's definitely something to discuss with the other users. Perhaps we can come to some sort of consensus on the notion. Macrophager (talk) 18:07, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
I change leader from "Sunstrider dynasty" to "Anasterian Sunstrider (formely), Dath'Remar Sunstrider (formely). And why can't I add "Vereesa Windrunner (presumed)"? She is the offical Leader of the Silver Covenant (the lagest High elf Faction on Azeroth (world) Assey Westfall (talk) 15:00, July 26, 2013 (UTC)