Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Re: the recent changes to this page. The defense cap is 535 for heroics, not 540. I'm a new editor, so I don't want to change it back myself, but there are a number of websites out there that support my assertation. IE: http://www.plusheal.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1875 dippyoz (talk) 13:35, 1 July 2009 (UTC)dippyoz
- Dippyoz, I had to read up on defense (I'm a mage, so I never worry about stuff like that). It looks like you're right, in heroics there is a cap of 535 defense (though for raids it's 540, so maybe leave that information?), but that's assuming no resilience. So should we add something about that into the article? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Delahz (talk • contr).
- Yes, although the article is talking about heroics in particular, so I'm not sure the distinction is necessary. Particularly as the other stats (health, spellpower etc) are also higher for raids than heroics. Maybe a change that says '535 defense makes you uncrittable against heroic bosses, but it this is not a cap and more defense is always better' dippyoz (talk) 14:18, 1 July 2009 (UTC)dippyoz
Should probably add notes for instances that no longer give rep at honored (like Sethekk -- haven't checked the others). Jefpearl 06:43, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
Anyone know if blizzard is planning for every dugon to have a heroic mode? It would be awsome to have a heroic version of like RFC or ZG. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cormundo (talk • contr).
- They're working on bringing in new content first, though that is something they'd like to do. --Pcj (T•C) 23:29, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
Imagine how awesome a Heroic Dead Mines would be. --Karye 12:35, July 17 2007 (PST)
- ...or how horrible a heroic Gnomer would be. —Thorn 02:46, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
"Heroic timers are reset at 9AM PST daily." Is it really 9am PST, or 9am server time? Hekirou 13:45, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
Another question: is there a page on WoWWiki - and if so, can we have a link on this page to it - which discusses the generally accepted gear requirements in order to complete a Heroic difficulty instance? Hekirou 13:48, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think that's useful or possible, it depends on so many factors you can't really generalize it. I'd say mostly 67-68+ blues/pvp epics should be sufficient, but a good group could surely pull it in only greens... 13:18, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
I'd add this info if I knew the answer, but it would be nice to mention if the heroic instances are all generally of the same difficulty level, or if there are differences between them (perhaps even ranking their difficulties). —Thorn 02:46, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
I know from experience that swapping out group members in a heroic will mess up drops, but is it just quest drops, or do all boss drops stop when the group makeup is changed? (I forgot) This information isn't well known, and would be pertinent for this page.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Annihilator (talk • contr).
Hellfire Ramparts IS NOT a 1 star difficulty. Tanks are not advised to start out in here everything either stuns or mortal strikes making it very difficult for newbie tanks and healers. The bosses are pushovers but the trash leading up to them is why i changed it to a two star. It is not on par with Mech, SV, and SP. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Doddilus (talk • contr).
- The ratings that were added were just to get the ball rolling - feel free to edit them if you think one is incorrect. --BobClown (talk) 17:11, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Relative Dungeon Difficulty Edit
These star ratings are very silly and just a direct translation of a histogram where people answered which dungeon is the hardest. The only thing the Approximate Relative Difficulty says is which dungeon got the most votes and they are not normalised values intercomparable with the other ratings. All I'm saying is that all stars need to be removed, they cannot be based on the Poll it refers to. I want to be able to compare e.g. Nexus with Oculus with a quantified measured value. But I have no source so I am not going to edit it, just trying to start a discussion. --Parazyte (talk) 06:25, September 23, 2009 (UTC)
Intro paragraph is confusing Edit
What the heck is Hard mode, if on this Heroic mode article it says, "currently the only other difficulty setting is normal mode".
- How is this for the intro ( just putting something out there to go on ) -- (M o r p h | C | T) 04:07, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Heroic mode, not to be confused with hard mode, refers to the User interface setting, accessed from raid leader's portrait menu; the only other difficulty setting is normal mode (the default setting), that can affect two things in WoW:
- In 5-person instances of / Heroic mode refers to the dungeon difficulty and will make the dungeons mobs and bosses have more HP, hit harder, have additional or more potent skills, and yield better quality loot than what is found in normal mode instances. Heroic mode dungeons also are on a lockout timer much like raids, and can only be run once a day per character. Each dungeon is on an independent timer, however, so a character could run as many as 15 heroic mode instances per day. Heroic mode timers are reset daily at 11:00 A.M. server time for US servers, and 08:00 A.M. server time for European servers.
- In raids, this setting tells the game that you are gearing up for the 25-player version of the raid, likewise normal mode tells the game you are gearing up for the 10-player version of the raid. Heroic mode bosses drop better quality equipment than their normal-mode counterparts as well as currency tokens used to purchase epic items from vendors.
I think the intro is fine now, Heroic intro should talk only of Normal and Heroic. Hard Mode is something completely different and should be avoided to be mentioned at all. Hard Mode wiki page explains this clearly enough for anyone that searches "Hard Mode". --Parazyte (talk) 06:28, September 23, 2009 (UTC)