Entering Closed Areas Edit
I have pictures of old Ironforge and there is still a way to get into the old ironforge. i would say it on here but someone would probably go tell blizz and they would make it so no one could get in it again :o... i will post pictures of old Ironforge later on in this day..
I have a friend who really went to Old Ironforge ! He gave me screenshots (I think we should create an event, with mages warping other people into it ...--Kirochi 16:26, 19 Feb 2006 (EST)
I know people have been punished in the past for entering areas that aren't supposed to be accessible; would posting how to get into Old IF qualify as an exploit? --Aeleas 12:53, 11 Mar 2006 (EST)
- Not at al, if the entering without any exploiting policy is possible, then why should it be punishable ? Let's call it an "Easter Egg" instead of an "Exploit" (-;--Kirochi 13:25, 11 Mar 2006 (EST)
But isn't the sheep wandering method of getting through a locked door itself and exploit? It certainly isn't intended use of game mechanics. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, based on WoWWiki:Policy/Exploits --Aeleas 14:36, 11 Mar 2006 (EST)
- You can walk to the Ironforge Airstrip with out using special abilities or exploits of any kind. From the Airstip you can walk north down the mountain side to a dwarven farm, and at this farm, there is a tunnel that lets you jump in to the underground lake. This would be an exploit free approach wouldn't it? —MJBurrage 02:20, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
Actually the pole where you can duel people and get sheeped into Old IF that way is impossible. You don't move sometimes, and when you do its only a few feet. I would know since I just tried it not even 3 minutes ago. Mr.X8 22:57, 6 August 2007 (UTC)\
- What is up with this dueling and mage crap? Turn on auto-run and aim your character into the door. The End. It can take up to 15-20, even 30 minutes sometimes before your character actually "breaks" through the door. Also, it will ALWAYS work as there really isn't a way to stop people from doing it short of piling several barriers in front and/or behind of something. Have done it several times myself, and I still do it occasionally just to see if anything inside it has been altered or changed.
- On a side note, that works in any and every game with a 3D environment. Game testers use a similar method when testing out enviroments. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Keero (talk · contr).
"Old ironforge" (lowercase "i") Edit
I just made "Old ironforge" a redirect to here. It had the following text in it:
- This Area is found under Ironforge. The entrance can be find in the Throne Room behind 1 of the big doors. Many players are speculating that the most of the War of the 3 Hammers has been fought here although this hasn't been confirmed (or denied).
If someone feels it belongs in this page, feel free to fix. --Mikk 05:22, 27 May 2006 (EDT)
Hunter Access Edit
Can somebody confirm that the eyes of the beast trick is still possible with the current patch? Thanks. --Jrr 16:41, 27 July 2006 (EDT)
- I can confirm it. --Norius 20:41, 17 August 2006 (EDT)
Today's August 6th, 2007 and I just tried it, it doesnt work. It also doesn't work with Dalaran. Mr.X8 22:58, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
I just did it today, November 6th 2007; you have to have a pet that is "long" like a cat or bear, set the pet to follow, then run toward the door until your pet goes Halfway into the door with their tail sticking out. Set the pet to stay and make sure almost if not all of the pet is in the door except for the tail. Then use Eyes of the Beast and it should work... Dhom -7:13, 6 November 2007 (MST)
I think I had some other pet that day. I used my lion and used eyes of the beast, it did work, but the tip of it's tail got stuck and all I could see was a hallway leading into it. Anothr hunter next to me also, used a lion, and she got all of hers in it and saw it. Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 21:42, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
Patch 1.11.2 Edit
It was stated in the entry that post this patch you couldnt use the mage sheep anymore which is not true as I did it earlier today. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sumpten (talk · contr).
- Pix ! Zkreenz ! Please give us images !--Kirochi 13:33, 28 July 2006 (EDT)
- When ever I try it the feeling timer runs out. --Norius 20:42, 17 August 2006 (EDT)
Another possible way in Edit
This is just theory, but if one was to die next to the doors to Old IF, maybe it would be possible to walk through them as a spirit and rez on the other side? This would probably be a task best suited for a horde rogue willing to sacrifice himself for the good of the cause. --Kungfurabbit 00:18, 28 February 2007 (EST)
- This stopped working a veeeeeeeeeeeery long time ago, i think 1.5 or 1.6, maybe eariler. it used to be kill urself in the lava, then respawnm on the other side. does not work —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lokibtm (talk · contr).
Warlock view of the enterance! Edit
If your a level 22 warlock, you can see the enterance! this is what you do: first, go to the High Seat and summon a minion at the huge door behind Deliana. If your summon is successful, and you dont see your minion, DONT MOVE. cast eye of kilrogg. You will see your minion... and a hallway! thats all you can see, though, you cant go inside. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by IbbertTheGnome (talk · contr).
Old Ironforge Pictures Edit
Old Ironforge, post 3.0 Edit
As of March 2008 there is yet another new way to access Old Ironforge, this time you won't need assistance from other players. If you have access to the Brew of the Month Club then you will know that March's brew is the Aromatic Honey Brew. By standing near (not facing, it would seem) the door behind Deliana and drinking the brew you have a small chance to glitch through and end up on the other side, free to run down, albeit drunkenly. Be warned, though, that it will take some time to get lucky, and there's always a chance you could get stuck behind the other door with no brew remaining. Silent002 (talk) 01:54, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
As a shaman you can just like with any other area, see inside this place with Far Sight. Just use it on the door, turn the camera and explore as much as you want and more than you could if you was there. And with the great advantage taht you are not in there so you can't be caught. Azahel (talk) 08:50, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but that is not correct; Shamans can only use Far Sight outdoors. Unless there is a specific spot to stand that makes the game think you are outside, the above is impossible. As such I have removed it from the article. Raiscan (talk) 16:16, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
I was gonna correct this myself, but now I'm not sure how to make it correct. In the section where the article talks about this place as it is in the game, first it mentions the hidden door behind Deliana. Well, the door is not exactly hidden, it's just closed (notice the big vault door?). And then 2 sentences later it mentions the hallways leading up to "the two doors". Yes, there's 2 in the room, but isn't the one the only one "functional"? I have never heard of anything being succesful at used the other one to get in.
I just went into old ironforge with my shaman's far sight. First, I stood at the entrance to the high seat, and used far sight to the middle. Then I farsighted onto the door to old ironforge, then adjusted my view so that I was seeing it from straight above the far sight spot (hope that makes sense). From there, the door was a thin brown line, and I could see both sides; old IF and reg IF. I farsighted into old IF and found it is only a very short hallway, like a confession room or a jail cell. Yeah, that small. I have screenies if you want. --Sheffi (talk) 21:44, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, most of us have seen the inside, but no screenies please. Because you still exploited to get them. User:Coobra/Sig4 03:39, July 15, 2010 (UTC)