Credit really should be given where credit is due: This is a slightly edited version of the RP guide for Underlight: http://www.underlight.com/Roleplaying_Guide.guides_roleplaying.0.html
In fact, if you read over the OOC Traps, you'll see references to Underlight that the author(s) forgot to remove.
The entire article needs a re-write due to large parts appearing to have been lifted from that Underlight guide. Besides, it's bad form to have borrowed it without adding crediting the original authors. I'll have a bash at this over the next few weeks. Suggestions on what works and what doesn't work are welcomed. The Underlight guide definitely precedes this article. See here
Internet Archive of Underlight.com from 2004 http://web.archive.org/web/20040223184923/www.underlight.com/rp_emotes.0.html#339
- Hmmm... In my opinion this is a quite good and wide article. But, I'm not a specialist.
- I'd like ask for confimation about the fact if I'm allowed to translate this article to another language for a foreign wiki if I mention the original source.
- --Nuti (talk) 08:51, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
Sorry I had to throw that in there... Edit
Sorry, but I felt I just had to throw in the guide to successful reporting. I hope you don't mind.
Why would an Orc have a Troll accent, even though Orcs speak in Orcish? Wouldn't they know their own language by now?
- Sign your comments please. And I fixed that. -Archaeic 18:03, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
Maybe most of his friends are Trolls, and the accent kind of grew on him? Or maybe his parents were killed, and he was raised by Trolls? Just throwing out ideas... Felindre
A quick Question Edit
Hey, I just read the article and want to try being a completely and utterly evil (actually, more LAwful Evil) undead warlock on an RP server. I was just wondering if this is a good idea, and if so how I should present myself in order to avoid becoming a cliche villian. Thanks Bill (talk - contr - web) 6:02, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Intro needs rewrite Edit
I don't like the intro. Basically what it says is "If you're under 18, you're a baby and you're too immature to roleplay." I don't like that. Can someone rewrite that? Cut out all the parts about maturity, they sound real douchebaggish. Just leave in a line like, "It's appreciated if you are mature while roleplaying." I'm under 18 and I roleplay VERY seriously.
- /facepalm.-- 19:18, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
- "More private services" means "ERP", which is short for "erotic roleplay" - that is what that is. Those guys are fun to pick on. --Super Bhaal (talk) 20:28, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
This article contains some pretty heavy bias. Any chance it could be improved on?
For example, someone might be against roleplay, it doesn't suddenly mean they've lost all mastery over the english language as a result.
Trying to make out that non-roleplayers spell like retards just takes up a "holier-than-thou" approach which really doesn't make you look any better than them.