Gnomeregan is really also known as "hell"? --Silin@Proudmoore 21:00, 9 July 2006 (EDT)
Absolutely, power a toon through there as a 60, heck bring two, youll find out why.--Teflontb 15:10, 24 July 2006 (EDT)
Sounds like an alliance-only reference. Horde side there's always LFG WC. --Silin@Proudmoore 20:53, 10 August 2006 (EDT)
The mailbox and resting area, thats all just for the alliance, right?--Ringoffire 19:14, 25 August 2006 (EDT)
I have some thoughts about Gnomeregan, it's relationship with Ironforge, and the Deeprun, that I've placed on the Deeprun discussion page. I'll post a link here for those interested. Talk:Deeprun_Tram#Gnomeregan_Tram_Theory--Piroko 12:40, 14 September 2006 (EDT)
- Mekkatorque says it if you click on him enough. The pronounceation was on the page before... Where it go? :( -- 18:32, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
nome-ree-gone? Sure it is not more a nome-rA-gahwn inflection?--18:41, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
Whatever you think is right.--18:52, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
Any male gnome that uses /charge command, I think its the charge, will say "For Gnomeregan". It sounds like, For, Gnome Ray gone. Very high pitched.Baggins 18:56, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
Yeah, the rA was suppposed to sound like ray. Geb says the last part accented turning gone into gahwn or something of the like, but you are the expert.--19:00, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
I read somewhere before that in the expansion Gnomeregon is gonna be taken out replaced with the new Gnome capital. Does anyone have any information on that?--Voidvector 05:46, 2 December 2006 (EST)
- That would destroy their policy of a static story line so each player has the same experience. That will never happen.--
If you say that that would NEVER happen, why is Blizzard moving Dalaran and Naxxramas? People will no longer be able to go to the level 60 raid Naxxramas and will never be able to see the purple sphere anymore, but Blizzard is doing it. But, Blizzard is not changing Gnomeregan...yet. Maxisfreak315 04:30, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- "That would destroy their policy of a static story line so each player has the same experience. That will never happen."
- Noting that they have changed some storylines in some ways already by moving characters around, and having older quests under a new character.Baggins 05:05, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
"Moving" Dalaran won't necessarily affect much, whilst I'm pretty sure it hasn't been confirmed that Naxx will literally move. As for people moving around, removing an entire instance is in a completely different league. The character swaps didn't really affect the quests.17:56, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
The quests are the same but the story is altered, and the reasoning behind some of them.Baggins 17:58, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
""Moving" Dalaran won't necessarily affect much". Exactly what is there to "change", other than the pinkish dome in Alterac Mountains being replaced by something that actually serves a purpose? Felindre
- There's a number of quest NPCs wandering around that serve various purposes. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 22:04, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm talking about the dome itself; I know that the NPCs around it are for quests (mostly Horde ones where you have to kill them), but the dome doesn't really do anything but sit there and look suspicious. Felindre
hmmm what about that trailer when you start as a gnome doesn´t they say somthing about the explosion user:billylj
I've edited the part about the Cataclysm 'maybes'. While I've adhered to the 'no datamined content' rule (despite the fact that the 'Battle for Gnomregan' content is all but been played now), I don't see why its ok to put wild speculation in like 'it might be a capital city like Ironforge'. By that logic, it 'might' be a flying spaghetti monster as well. I've changed it to something more diplomatic. Metalmunki (talk)
There are leper gnomes in Silvermoon and the Coilfang Resevoir. I know 3 theories on why that is.
- 1.) The Silvermoon leper gnome slaves were sent from Silvermoon by Rommath/Kael to help out Vahsj's naga in the resevoir.
- 2.) They were taken by Rommath from Kael's base and sent to Silvermoon.
- 3.) The leper gnomes made an alliance with Illidan and Mekgineer Steamrigger and his gnomes were sent to the Resevoir to help Illidan's naga.
Either way theres a connection between the Silvermoon slaves, the Coilfang Resevoir workers and Illidan. The last 2 theories and the last statement were thought of by Baggins the Adminstrator. Thanx Baggins :) The first one was thought of by me.--(Mr.X8 01:15, 29 May 2007 (UTC))
- Its possible that the ones in silvermoon aren't slaves but directly allied to the blood elves that returned from Outland, much in the same way that Mekgineer in coilfang seems to be directly allied to the illidari, making technology for the Naga, and guarding the gate locks to to the last boss.Baggins
- Hmmm..... I'm guessing the Naga made some sort of deal with the leper gnomes in order to gain acsess to the Steam pump technology. After all the Steam Pumps seem to be the only example of advanced Naga engineering, it makes sense that they obtained it from another race. When the exchange occurred is a mystery however, but because some of the Illidari seem to be able to create portals between Azeroth and Outland easily so I'm guessing the exchange took place between Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne and the last opening of Dark Portal. The cucumber 19:16, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
Possible, but unlikely, connection chain: Dark Iron = Ragnaros = Old Gods. Dark Iron allies with Leper Gnomes so Leper Gnomes = Old Gods. Naga = Old Gods, so Leper Gnomes = Naga? Xavius, Conspiracy Theorist (--Xavius 11:58, 28 December 2007 (UTC))
Okay, so Gnomeregan was a city, right? Why doesn't it look like a city? Where's the inns and shops? Where is the auction house? I think it looks more like a ultra big lab or something. If it looked like that too before it was taken over by troggs, I wouldn't like to live there. Tomatketchup 12:42, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- It was designed as a instance, not a for living in city.-- 16:52, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
I just thought more of that it would be funnier if it was looking like a city, like BRD. User:Tomatketchup
Because Gnomeregan is Gnommunistic? (see discussion http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=8449924989&postId=84488849910&sid=1) Noobi666 (talk) 13:30, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
You're forgeting something. Gnomes are tiny, you don't need huge cities for little people. Also doesn't gnomish culture strike you as unusual? It doesn't look like a city because I guess gnomes didn't need it that way. When you think about it, Ironforge doesn't look like a city. BobNamataki (talk) 23:26, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
Spelling Change? Edit
I was browsing the common.mpq file and happened to notice that the spelling of Gnomeregan is different for the files associated with the instance. Made me curious as to whether the name was spelled differently once upon a time (likely pre-release). Any ideas as to the history of the difference in naming?
Examples (from common.mpq):
10:52, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
N00bs in Gnomer?Edit
I have a question that might spark a lot of talk on this page. Why is it, despite all the warnings from Emi (and the whole group!), someone always gets caught in the cave-ins during the event to spawn Grubbis?
Every time I go there, someone always goes into the caves when the gnome is placing the explosives. When she YELLS that she's getting ready to blow up the bombs, when the group is repeatedly saying "get out of the tunnel!", someone still stays in there too long and gets killed. How hard is it to turn around and run out of the tunnel? (Emi gives at LEAST 10 seconds warning before she sets off the bombs)
- If you want loot from the troggs, PULL THEM OUT INTO THE MAIN TUNNEL before you kill them. Felindre
I have never had an issue with dying from the rocks - i've not tried in about a year now, but i would happily sit under the rockfall and watch as they tumbled down around me. They didn't seem to have any collision detection until you're outside the rocks (in the cavern or otherwise). Maybe this has changed. Nagousta (talk) 09:08, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
Regarding lore Edit
I know this probably doesn't belong here, but how many years ago did the invasion begin?
If im not mistaken during the Third War (5 years before you character leaves the starting point and 7 years before the invasion of Northrend) User:Eity
My Dream for GnomereganEdit
I don't think Blizzard would ever do this, but here are my thoughts for the future of Gnomeregan. Player's would have to have run Gnomeregan and "Killed" Mekwhatever. Then they could go through and have a max level instance in which they would battle though the place (Similiar to the Battle of Undercity) and actually kill Mekawhatever (Bliz can make it so the first time he didn't actually die). Then after clearing it you could use phasing to make it an actual city. Again using phasing to move the Gnome leader from Tinkertown to Gnomeregan. It could be a cool place for the alliance. Then the Horde could have some similiar thing to retake the Echo Isles for the Darkspears. -- Gwyain Talk Contribs 19:32, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
And yet (oh sweet irony) it seems he was generally right. Looks like that is the direction that blizzard is heading with both areas, and the dream of many (a dream i long discounted as impractical) is indeed actually comming true. Wonder what they need ANNOTHER ciity for... 22:50, March 18, 2010 (UTC) gadget (talk)