Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Just to be sureEdit
Can some one please Point out that a Inscribed glyph of one type can not me entered again in another socket like: Bloodrage Glyph can not be put in to 2 diffirent sockets? TerrorBlades (talk) 00:12, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure anyway that you can't have the same glyph on two different slots. User:Gourra/Sig2 07:21, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- And even if they can be... they don't stack, so it won't matter. User:Coobra/Sig3 07:30, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- No no i ment please put on the page some thing that ses that you cant have 2 of the same glyph on you "Char"! That's the only thing am asking...
Suggestion: Source Edit
It would be useful to add a column showing which glyphs come from the trainer, , or a . This could be gleaned from the data in the latest copy of the AckisRecipeList addon. -- ScratchMonkey (talk) 21:28, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Good idea, will try to work on it either tomorrow or monday! Cityhunter0505 - Etsuko (talk) 02:06, December 20, 2009 (UTC)
This is less about the page and more about the actual game, but what's up with the slot in the middle of where you put your glyphs? Is this there ready for Cataclysm and The Path of the Titans thing? It just looks like an actual glyph slot, in the center of all the others.--Lyco (talk) 22:51, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
- The middle circle seems to be a representation of your class (icon), while the Path of the Titans abilities are on the outter circle of your glyphs. Least, it's what it seemed like from the Blizzcon announcement. Cityhunter0505 - Etsuko (talk) 02:03, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- I recall that the 7th glyph slot was intended as a crafting bonus for Scribes but was never implemented as Blizzard thought it would make Inscription too desirable and everyone would drop other crafts to get it. The theory that it was for Scribes was inferred from information datamined from the game files during the beta. -- ScratchMonkey (talk) 21:18, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
More minimum skill info Edit
useful forum post on glyph bugs and 4.0.1 Edit
Don't have time to document fully, but see blue post http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27188059040&sid=1&pageNo=5#85 Tequima (talk) 20:21, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
Useful post below from Simcá @ Malfurion, EU
New Glyphs (12, 3 not learnable)
- Glyph of Faerie Fire - Trained, requires 120 Inscription
- Glyph of Tiger's Fury - Trained, requires 120 Inscription
- Glyph of Death Wish - Trained, requires 150 Inscription
- Glyph of Feral Charge - Trained, requires 150 Inscription
- Glyph of Blind - Trained, requires 180 Inscription
- Glyph of Intercept - Trained, requires 250 Inscription
- Glyph of Lacerate - Trained, requires 330 Inscription
- Glyph of Living Bomb* - Major Inscription Research
- Glyph of Colossus Smash - Book of Glyph Mastery
- Glyph of Armors - Not learnable. Bugged as confirmed above.
- Glyph of the Long Word - Not learnable. Bugged as confirmed above.
- Glyph of Vanish - Not learnable. Bugged as confirmed above.
Removed Glyphs (17)
- (Death Knight) Glyph of Dark Command
- (Death Knight) Glyph of Disease
- (Death Knight) Glyph of Icebound Fortitude
- (Death Knight) Glyph of Unholy Blight
- (Druid) Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation
- (Druid) Glyph of Survival Instincts
- (Hunter) Glyph of Volley
- (Hunter) Glyph of Possessed Strength
- (Mage) Glyph of Arcane Explosion
- (Mage) Glyph of Fire Blast
- (Mage) Glyph of Fire Ward
- (Mage) Glyph of Mana Gem
- (Mage) Glyph of Scorch
- (Warlock) Glyph of Siphon Life
- (Warrior) Glyph of Barbaric Insults
- (Warrior) Glyph of Last Stand
- (Warrior) Glyph of Taunt
The removed glyphs turn into "Charred Glyphs" which are vendor trash greys.
- It's confusing, but the old Glyph of Living Bomb is turning into Glyph of Slow. There is a NEW Glyph of Living Bomb being added that you can learn via Major Inscription Research.
Total number of glyphs? Edit
Does anybody know the exact number of glyphs that exist? If you got 100% of them(ie. can't use the Book nor learn from researches) you can view it on the Statistics tab of your achievements table(Y hotkey), just look for the professions section.
- According to Wowhead as of Patch 4.3.3:
- There are 122 Prime Glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/items=16?filter=cr=132;crs=3;crv=0
- There are 158 Major Glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/items=16?filter=cr=132;crs=1;crv=0
- There are 65 Minor Glyphs: http://www.wowhead.com/items=16?filter=cr=132;crs=2;crv=0
- Which gives a total of 345. -- (talk · contr) 6 Apr 2012 6:52 PM Pacific