Added a small section about appearances, mostly observation, if someone knows where to cite the info be my guest. I don't happen to have many of the books with me. Rannulf 07:39, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- Point of this is an article about Fel magic. Fel corruption should have its own article if it doesn't already. Not all users of fel magic necessarily mutate into demonic creatures.Baggins (talk) 07:42, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
- Didn't see that, sorry for the mix up. --Rannulf 16:56, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
Removing cited sources/canon information Edit
Why did Raylan remove references/cited material?
Is this WoWWiki's policy, to remove cited sources?
- Which part copied verbatim from wowpedia for no apparent reason would you like me to reconsider? Raylan13 (talk) 02:23, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
- What are you yapping about? The information from WoWpedia is canon and is referenced. The RPG is non-canon and does not represent OFFICIAL lore. What's your reason for removing official lore and replacing it with information from the RPG? Fruitmedley (talk) 01:24, September 29, 2014 (UTC)Fruitmedley
- Oh, I'm sorry, is having the same exact words in the RPG section as WoWpedia has it not copying wholesale and passing it off as your own work? The RPG is not canon, and so if you want to help the WoW community in the slightest, divide canon from non-canon so you're not sharing only non-canon information, misleading people into thinking this site contains information from Blizzard when it doesn't.Fruitmedley (talk) 20:46, November 12, 2014 (UTC)Fruitmedley
WoWpedia should not be credited for the info, they aren't the source of the information presented on this page. The info comes from Blizzard and is cited. There is also a little bit of misinformation presented on this page. It's stated that Sargeras is not the creator of demons. Fruitmedley--188.8.131.52 01:32, December 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Anything copied verbatim from Wowpedia should be credited. Several phrases from the previous version were copied verbatim. Also, it is not clear if Sargeras is creator of all demons. He definitely corrupted many, but some he just rallied to his cause. -- (talk · contr) 8 Dec 2015 1:55 PM Pacific
- Anything copied verbatim from WoWWiki should be credited by WoWpedia, yet does WoWpedia credit this Wiki? No. WoWpedia is not the source of information established by Blizzard and should not be credited for the info. Why are you crediting them as the source of Blizzard information?
- And we do know that Sargeras isn't the creator of all demons. An official source states he isn't the sole creator of demons and there were demons existing before Sargeras turned into the dark titan.
- A distinction needs to be made between official blizzard information, and the interpretation of this information as it has already been written on another website (like wowpedia). Adding content to this wiki which is official Blizzard information is no problem whatsoever, provided it is in your own words, or quoted/referenced properly. However, if you begin copying word-for-word, sentences which were created by another individual on another website (which doesn't belong to Blizzard), that is where the problems arise.
- Ideally, you should look at the source information (an official Blizzard source) and re-tell this information here in your own words adding references where needed. The second-best alternative would be to quote the Blizzard source directly, but the first option is usually preferred.
- -Sitb (talk) 13:45, December 26, 2015 (UTC)
- ***Blizzard sources were referenced, yet someone saw fit to re-arrange sections and remove referenced information.184.108.40.206 21:18, December 27, 2015 (UTC)FruitMedley