This guide is ludicrous. It recommends a recipe for 61-90 that requires two strange dust AND two lesser magic essence when there are recipes that are orange at that level that require only one strange dust, and other recipes that require only one lesser magic essence. That is not economical at all. Whoever wrote this was an idiot, plain and simple.
Well, ever since the 2.0.1 update when Disenchanting started requiring higher skill to do, it seems that on many servers the supply of enchanting materials has dried up, making the price listed here laughably low. Maybe we can come up with better prices and/or methods? It is a wiki, after all.--Ktwombley 20:43, 26 December 2006 (EST)
Major Revision Edit
My guide/formatting is just a direct pull from the one that was previously there. Do any of the issues posted above still apply? Stuff I'd like to see / I still need to update:
- 1-60 option in case Disenchanting isn't possible.
- 250-300 option.
- Checked for accuracy; alternatives where skill ups aren't guaranteed / are green.
The 250-275 section doesn't work as it is. The Lesser Mana Oil goes green at 270.
It is worth considering to make Enchanted Thorium or Enchanted Leather in this range as they may also be sold to recoup most of the costs of the materials, or even make a profit. --SeerBlade 20:21, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
Materials (Total/Covered) ? Edit
What is the point of this column? All of the listings are X/o, whatever that means. --Azaram 11:48, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
- It is a little unclear. Total is the total number of that material it will take to complete that step. Covered is how many of that material have been created already in the guide. Covered will almost always (if not always) be zero for enchanting, but for something like engineering, when you very often use materials you have already created in later steps, it will need to be changed. If both numbers (Total/Covered) are small, it means you should already have all the mats for that step. -]skwɔlʃeɪpr[tɔk - kɔntrɪbjuʃənz][- 13:09, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
- I kind of thought that might be what it was... but the thing after the slash isn't a number (0), it's a letter (o). --Azaram 02:39, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, it's a zero inside
<small> </small>which makes text smaller than usual. -]skwɔlʃeɪpr[tɔk - kɔntrɪbjuʃənz][- 03:44, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- If you look at any of the other economical pages, you'll note that when the materials are covered, both numbers are within small tags. 03:46, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, it's a zero inside
- Ah, so desu. LOOKS like an o. :-p --Azaram 12:13, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
Good Sources for Dusts Edit
I've just learned that the White Bandit Mask is a good source for Vision Dust and the Runecloth Belt is a good source for Dream Dust. Perhaps sources like these could be incorporated into the page. --ScratchMonkey 17:22, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
Using Yellow Recipes Edit
An important thing to note is that yellow recipes still give a level with at least 50% chance. For instance, you should make Enchant Bracer - Strength for one Vision Dust as long as it is yellow rather than Enchant Cloak - Greater Defense for three. Ratfox (talk) 02:51, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Total Materials Edit
A list of total materials required for the whole guide would be useful. Now the same material may be scattered in two different tables making it harder to find out how many of that material you actually need. Also, combining all the skill tables might be a good idea. There's no real need for different tables for "Apprentice", "Journeyman", etc. Doatti (talk) 07:50, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
DE to level? Edit
Is it entirely possible, as a 78, to just farm the low instances and DE the blues that drop to level? If not, at what Level enchanting does DE'ng Blues/Purples no longer give you level ups?
Assuming the Blood Elf racial trait
unfortunately no easy leveling up enchanting Edit
no it isn't possible due to the level requirements for DEing and the fact that DEing doesn't give skillups past 60(70 for belfs)i think -it would be possible to farm the very low level instances though up to this level