Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Relation between dungeon type, character level and rewards Edit
It is not clear yet how the character level affects the rewards in money and XP.
- For the Classic Dungeons the reward seems to be a with possibly some other goods.
- For the Normal WotLK Dungeons the reward seems to be 2 .
- For the Heroic WotLK Dungeons the reward seems to be 2 .
- I think it would be better to not have the 'N' (normal/non-first) rewards and just say outside of the table that they are approximately half that of the first. As it is, it's a very ugly table, reducing the row-span to be 1 on every row would help this. Tyriar T C 09:39, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
Renaming possibly too early Edit
Votekick problem Edit
There seems to be a problem occurring if people use a group more than once, ie. if they don't leave the party after finishing the boss but just teleport out and the group leader is allowed to requeue the group for specific/random dungeons. Now often you won't have a full group to be able to do this with and sometimes there will be undesirable/slack/clueless people you want to get rid of, so you use the vote kick, but after a few times (if you keep running random dungeons) you, and the rest of the party will be prevented from intitiating vote kicks "You are not able to initiate anymore vote kicks". Shouldn't it recognise that the votes passed and the person was booted, indicating that you don't spam it just to make peoples lives miserable and allow you to remove undesirables. I'd found a good group of people to work with cross-server and the only lack was in the intermittent tanks, adter a few dungeons we ended up with a druid that had put himself up as tank specced half resto half balance not even trying to use a form to tank in, aggro gets ripped off so easily from the droood using a hammer, just autoattacking. Then he ended up just sitting around while we progressed needing on anything he could. But nobody could initiate votekick. http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/rorymj/Forum/Signaturesmall.png 05:17, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
- The WoW customer support forum (or better, the suggestion forum) would be a better place to see action happen, than posting on WoWwiki. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:39, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
Level range Edit
The level range seems to be narrower for random dungeons. For example I've never gotten an orange dungeon. IMO the table should include information on when specific dungeons are green, yellow or orange, as well as including the highest and lowest observed random dungeon levels. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 04:53, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
- A couple of answers suggest themselves: 1) the dungeon finder may bias in favor of "yellow" or "green" dungeons, 2) the dungeon finder may fill positions in level order (lowest to highest), with the practical result being as above. You do have a point that the rank of the dungeon should be noted somewhere. However, the current dungeon finder tables may not be the best place for that data. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 23:36, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I can see, the random dungeon tool selects yellow dungeons up to level 70 then only a subset of the yellow dungeons when you start to near 80. Tyriar T C
- I've had a similar issue with the Dungeon Finder on my lvl 60 Death knight. I queued as tank for a Random BC Dungeon and never received a group within an hour, and I didn't get an ETA. At level 60, all BC instances were orange to me while Classic instances were yellow/green, but since I chose Random BC Dungeons, and they were orange, it didn't give me a group. I could manually select dungeons and get in, but I couldn't use the random feature. Smeggysmeg (talk) 06:14, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
How does it determine your average ilevel? Edit
I've been running tests trying to figure out how it determines your average ilevel (to see if you can run heroics or not) but I haven't had any success. Taking off all my gear still allowed me to sign up for heroics. Taking off all my gear, logging off, and back on also still allowed me to sign up for heroics (wowarmory even updated to the non-geared version). Even putting my gear into the bank and logging off and on didn't help. Seems like this would be useful info for those trying to gear up, but I don't know how it works. Excise (talk) 23:17, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
- The exact process it uses isn't known, but Blizzard has said that it looks at ALL of your gear, bank and bags included. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 23:49, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
VoteKick 3.3.3 Edit
There is a lack of information on the VoteKick system and the Deserter Debuff as of Patch 3.3.3. Could anyone fill in some more? I have not been able to find the Debuff or something similar that determines if you get deserter debuff if you leave a group. Also, when are you able / not able to vote kick someone? Flyhard (talk) 13:39, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Vote Kick. I verify the accuracy (at about 75%) of what I wrote. Mostly, based on what I remember of wow.com articles. I would have to do more research to find the changes to the deserter debuff. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 21:29, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I got a DC yesterday in a dungeon and was kicked (about a minute after I joined the group that was already far into BRD). When I got back on I didn't have the deserter Debuff, but a CD on the dungeon finder.Flyhard (talk)
Seasonal Bosses Edit
It would be nice to include information about the seasonal bosses being accessible through the DF these days.
Only across the battlegroup? Edit
While doing random instances (after patch 4.0.1), I've encountered several people from realms located in different battlegroups. i.e. While in nexus with my druid (Duskwood, Battlegroup stormstrike), I was grouped with an 80 paladin (fuso) from fizzcrank, which is in the retaliation bettlegroup. I've also seen people from Tanaris (Nightfall battlegroup) and Venture Co. (also Nightfall). Either somethings up with the pairing system, or Blizzard changed it under our noses (maybe to shorten queue times?)--Moosecadet (talk) 21:07, November 4, 2010 (UTC)