Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Previously this was tagged with nosource, and I tried to cite a few more sources. Given that there's no real evidence, it's a tough tradeoff between using a lot of weasel words/hedges ("it appears" and "some believe") versus posting pure speculation. Suggestions welcomed. Bregdark 00:01, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
One estimate is 0.1%, but there is no evidence for that number. this, and some info shortly before this, is just pure speculation. seems useless for this information to be here, at least in this format. even people's personal notices of no discoveries for 1k recipes gives more information than this. something should be done to clear up the info and remove the pure guess-work, which isn't even speculations, but just randomly taken numbers.13:20, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- Well, feel free to edit. I pulled those numbers from Profession forum threads created to discuss this; these were consensus estimates. Bregdark 04:30, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
I would say this article requires some major reworking. The chances of transmute and other speculation seem way off. So far I have transmuted 13 Primal Mights on my alchemist alt and she has discovered primal earth to life, primal fire to mana, primal shadow to water and primal water to shadow (4 recipes total). This in my opinion is pretty strong indication that the chance isn't anything close to 0.1%. Also, another observation I made was that at first the discoveries were very common (2/3 first transmutes gave discovery) while later it got more rare. My guess would be that a) the chance of discovering a transmute while transmuting is very high b) the random roll can "discover" an recipe you already know, resulting in no discovery. This would explain the declining rate.
If someone has done more extensive research on this, you could update the article to reflect this. Otherwise I call for removal of all the speculation, just state known facts and leave everything else out until it is verified. Deice 08:14, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- If different for everyone. I myself, on a now inactive toon, had done at least 30-40 of the newer transmutes, and not once did a discovery happen. Infact, throughout the hundreds upon hundreds of potions/elixirs made I had only 3 Discoveries...1 was the health/mana potion, and the other 2 were cauldrons. User:Coobra/Sig2 08:26, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- There are many anomalies to the rate. Different recipes generate different discoveries at different rates. Flyinghamster 17:34, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Also, I would like to add that i think flask discoveries are split and some proc on elixirs and some on pots. don't know where i would add this... Flyinghamster 17:36, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
|Discovered recipe \ Discovery source||Any pre-TBC recipe||TBC elixir / flask||TBC potion||TBC transmutation||WotLK elixir||WotLK transmutation (diamond)||WotLK transmutation (non-diamond)||Northern Alchemy Research||Miscellaneous (oils, trinkets etc.)|
- Only confirmed for corresponding resistance potions.
- Also, has anyone gotten a discovery while making a mercurial stone or alchemist's stone? -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 03:31, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Or other miscellaneous items such as oils? -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 00:01, October 27, 2009 (UTC)