Dimensional gateway Edit
In outland there are at last three Dimensional gateways leading to other worlds even if it's possible they will not be crossable yet. They can be seen also on outland maps:
- Death's Door, Blade's Edge Mountains
- Marshlight Lake (Western Shore), Zangarmarsh
- Twilight Ridge, Nagrand
- The Black Temple, Shadowmoon Valley (Rumor)
N'Nanz 18:31, Saturday 4 November 2006
- Very likely the ones Illidan closed. --Ragestorm 14:29, 4 November 2006 (EST)
- Surely. I remember a picture of one of these portals (The one in Nagrand I think) with an engine releasing fel energy and a demon like Omor the Unscarred nearby and another picture (maybe an official one) of the Gateway in Zangarmarsh but now I can't find them. N'Nanz 19:34, Saturday 4 November 2006
Merged from Talk:Portals to other worlds Edit
I actually own the CGW issue where these quotes come from. This information does come from Blizzard staff. --Xmuskrat 09:14, 14 January 2007 (EST)
No portals in current build Edit
What happened to:
Were these recently removed? --Xmuskrat 09:32, 14 January 2007 (EST)
Was not there four of them?--00:43, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Where does the "gateway vs. portal" distinction come from? I've not come across it in any of the lore sources I have access to. // DarkRyder / / // 16:56, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
My ideas of the fourth portal Edit
i personally think the fourth portal was actually the dark portal i think illidan closed the portal and that it was closed until reopened in the bc and that the burning legion was preparing for another invasion and reopened it to destroy nethergarde keep.
Idea2 Outland is in lore from a quest in hellfire becomeing smaller every day one idea is that it shattered into dust.
Idea3 it is behind the black temple and was closed yet still is partially opened.
idea4 in the zone of western blades edge i belive that is its future spot.
- Look at this map. While it does not match the WCII or WoW map, it does show that there are five portals: one on its own (Dark Portal?) and four smaller that ones Illidan closed.-- 23:48, 12 August 2008 (UTC)