Threat / Sunder? Edit
The tooltip is very confusingly worded, but is my understanding that there is NO innate threat per sunder application. Please see this thread where they have done testing. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it here. - Taliafears 09:56, 6 February 2007 (EST)
Isn't the icon shown the icon for Victory Rush and not Devastate?
This is an instant, so it should be normalized to using a 2.4 speed when using a non-dagger item. This would be a great advantage for most warriors, since you rarely tank with daggers end-game, and most other tanking weapons are fast.
Can anyone confirm/disconfirm this?
Utarius 12:26, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
patch 2.3 Edit
I redid the Tips section in light of the Devastate changes in Patch 2.3, but please look over it to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.--Scrotch 02:18, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
- In particular I think the section about Devastate benefitting from a slow weapon is wrong, since it's a normalized attack.--Scrotch 02:19, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
Example added Edit
I added an example in the Tips and Tricks section. If anyone finds any mistakes, I'd appreciate the correction :)--Fiercon 17:10, 29 November 2007 (GMT+1)
- You establish that ' 100 average damage X 0.5 = 50 Damage ' and from that go on to calculate:
- 1400(your AP)/14 (results in raw DPS) X 1.7(the normalization factor for daggers) X 0.5(the 50% weapon Damage)
- How did the 50 Damage become 0.5 in the latter calculation?
- Your results seem valid, I was merely wondering about that little oddity in coming to them.
- Additionally, to better demonstrate the ' All in all, a slow weapon will still apply more damage... ' statement in the previous section, another example using a slower dagger with a 125-125 hypothetical damage range should be added.K10wn (talk) 18:28, 17 August 2008 (UTC)