Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Does this mean we are getting Tier 9 armor and weapons ?? -- !!!!
- New tier of armor and weapons that are modeled with Alliance- or Horde-specific themes. -- (M o r p h | C | T) 19:47, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- I was doubting it... but with heroic 5mans and naxx going to give conquest badges, they just made it simple to get at least 2 of the tier 8 pieces... so its possible they are introducing tier 9 here... User:Coobra/Sig4 20:33, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Tier 8.5, perhaps... Edit
I wish to bring to the attention of the masses four words: Brood of Nozdormu set. I.E., it's not considered a true tier, but more of a...half-tier (the Brood sets are often called "Tier 2.5"). Something to tide us over for the real Tier 9, perhaps. --Joshmaul (talk) 04:39, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- So what, 8.75? We already have 8.5 - that's the tier that drops in Heroic Ulduar. Also make sure you've read that stuff about the badges I posted above. Doesn't prove anything but it's suggestive IMO. 1:24 AM, 21 Jun 2009 (EDT)
- All I'm saying is that I do not believe this is a true tier. For one thing, it's something of a deviation from the norm (WoW and BC had three tiers each, plus all the other sets), and for another, for all the talk of "challenge" and all that, this is just another VoA, something some idiots in blues will finish within the first day or two. That is, if the instance servers decide to work. Blizzard needs to stop making excuses about THAT, too...
- As for the badge changes, I find it a little odd how a badge that only dropped in two instances (Emalon in VoA25 and everyone in Ulduar25) now drops everywhere. And this whole ability to convert them to the other two...my thought at first was "What's the point?" until I remembered that there are some things you can only get with the other two kinds (i.e. heirlooms for alts, the trinkets, shields, etc.) --Joshmaul (talk) 18:26, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- I think the point is (and there's a bluepost but I'm too lazy to find it), is to make the big bucks reach more people. They spent a LOT of money designing SSC, TK, Hyjal, BT, and Sunwell, and very few people saw them. Almost no guilds (probably less than 1% of all players) ever killed a boss in Sunwell. So there's a lot of planned obsolescence going on, but that's okay. Basically, I expect the new wow (3.0+) to always go thru planned and well timed nerfs. So special mounts () and other goodies will be available for people who do the "original dungeon" but for those who "want to see the content" - they'll just see it nearer to the end of the expansion rather than the beginning, allowing them to spend all the time they want on their 18 alts, or picnics with the kids. 3:00 PM, 30 Jun 2009 (EDT)
Boss names Edit
Where from are the boss names taken? I didn't see them on MMO-Champion. And why are the bosses listed in 5-man the same as quest-giver NPCs? Runok is the Tauren Argent Leader for example. They're all friendly. -- 08:19, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Trial of the Crusader will be the final demonstration of skill and teamwork champions of each faction have learned in their Tournament career since they became Aspirants, and this final challenge against the greatest of the Alliance and the Horde will decide who is worthy of the promotion to Grand Crusader (this is not an attunement to the raid instance).Orisai (talk) 20:45, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Now... on the Trial of the Grand Crusader raid instance. It's just me, or the unknown final boss will be no other than Anub'arak? There's an achievement named The Traitor King for the raid instance, in all 4 versions of it.Orisai (talk) 20:51, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yes you're right, the final boss is 99.9% chance of being Anub'arak. He now has a frost form. -- 21:26, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Damn it! He needed to die to get some importance in the game...
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 21:32, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- It Makes Perfect Sense!
- You know Trial of the Crusader/Grand Crusader?? It's actually an Azjol-Nerubian type of instance, and it makes perfect sense that the final boss is a Crypt Lord! Don't you think? -- 08:20, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- For the quest about the source of the boss names, they are taken from the Achievement tab, except for the Trial of the Champion (or it's just I can't find them)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 15:14, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- Gratz :)
- But so reverted the Alliance/Horde as it was. You fight the champions of the opposite faction.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 10:18, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- If it's only through datamining, that makes no confirmation :)
- Beside they changed the achievement, I can't have the boss name anymore!
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 09:46, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Likely but unconfirmed. There were blueposts about Power Word: Barrier, and it fell through after a while, and it wouldn't be the firs time. 3:07 PM, 30 Jun 2009 (EDT)
- Precisely! The confirmation is only for you in fact! :)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 08:41, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Last night, I saw how the Twin Val'kyr tried to attack the Coliseum, but were quickly subdued by the Argent Confessor and two priests, who later shackled them in front of the gate from which bosses enter to the Arena.Orisai (talk) 03:12, 28 August 2009 (UTC)