Err, should Flowerpicker really be here? I mean, yeah it was in the files in Warcraft II, but aside from that... Someone needs to bug Blizzard for an answer. Super Bhaal 09:22, 7 February 2007 (EST)
- Even trivia gets its spot in wowwiki. As it exists in a warcraft game it diserves a mention. Even if it probably doesn't exist as a true clan.Baggins 20:49, 10 March 2007 (EST)
- What is the difference of a tribe and a Clan? -Rovdyr 20:25, 10 March 2007 (EST)
- In real-life anthropological terms, a clan is more like a gigantic extended family (at least compared to western kinship structures, note that in real world there are many different types of kinship patterns). For many cultures it would be considered incest taboo for anyone within a clan to marry inside the clan, and instead most clans will marry members of other clans.
- As for a tribe, it is usually term used for a distinct group and culture of people, that share an area with other distinct groups and cultures of people. A tribe can be made up of multiple clans.
- Again these are only one possible meaning, different forms of kinship may establish different definitions for what makes up a clan vs a tribe.
- As for warcraft definition? Clan & tribe seems to be used interchangeably even in WoW and TBC, there are ogre groups called "clans" and some that are called "tribes" in the game, or by both in seperate sentences.Baggins 15:17, 24 March 2007 (EDT)
- Its a shadow council split off.Baggins 21:16, 8 December 2007 (UTC)