I've moved much of the content of this article to this page, because it doesn't seem to fit together. It implies that this elf is over 10 000 years old, though high elves only have a life span of around 2 000 years. Also, her stated allegience is to the Shadow Council, which doesn't necessarily make her a blood elf follower of Kael.
- Braelyn Firehand was once a proud Highborne of the Kaldorei and even knew to these times the Keeper of the Grove, Ordanus. She said that he has the arrogance of his kind, holding himself above even the Highborne.
- After the Great Sundering of the World, she was one of the rebels under the leadership of Dath'Remar who argued with the druids, recalling once again the motives of the Quel'dorei. So Dath'Remar led his exiled people across the Great Sea and they settled in what would become founded as the elven kingdom of Quel'Thalas.
- After the fall of Quel'Thalas, Braelyn became a member of the Blood Elves. These elves rose from the ashes of their homeland with a promise that they would never be defeated again.
--Aeleas 20:43, 28 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- Agreed, apparently Darkhan Drathir managed to stay alive for about the same amount of time, and Anasterian lived from before the time of Aegwyn till the Scourge invasion. I think the Highs had a longer lifetime than we thought. That and the whole momorial to Dath'remar seems to say that he himself fought the scourge. Of course, Blizzard seems to be terrible with ages anyway. Meneldir 17:59, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Why is she in Sun Rock Retreat?Edit
I know that her presence, as well as the presence of any of the Blood Elves make the Horde more and more diverse, but given that this one works for the Shadow Council in Jaedenar, then shouldn't she be some isolated quest giver on a hill somewhere near Stonetalon Peak? The other Horde quest givers are orc and tauren shamans dedicated to repairing the land of the damges caused by the Venture Company and to ease the ailing elementals, and are much more kindly spirited than this chick is. I'm surprised they would tolerate her even being alive, much less operating in their village...unless, of course, they don't know who she's working for. Eman91 23:20, 5 April 2008 (UTC)Eman91
- I'm not sure why her presence is tolerated, but it's interesting to note that this Blood Elf has been in Sunrock Retreat since launch, long before the release of The Burning Crusade. She originally had one of the old ugly Blood Elf models, but that was replaced around the release of TBC. I'm not sure, but I think her quest text was changed around the same time, to make her sound more like a "bad guy." -- Silentdowner (talk) 17:50, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- Um, this isn't all that mysterious if you've been doing the Horde-side quests. By the time you get to Stonetalon, you should have long since done the quests in Orgrimmar itself and know that Thrall has known Shadow Council loyalists working for him. See Neeru Fireblade. There's far more value to be had by watching them than killing them, or at least in killing all of them -- you need to keep a few around if you want to continue to uncover what their masters are up to. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." --Reality Engineer (talk) 18:30, November 6, 2009 (UTC)