Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Says who? Edit
In regards to this:
- Many websites have insulted female blood elves, saying that when compared to more curvaceous female races like night elves, trolls, draenei, dwarves and humans the female blood elves look like men.
I've seen ONE forum claiming that female blood elves look like "twelve-year-old boys" and a few of the same sort of...ahem, orientation cracks that they make about the males. However, the most common complaint, by far, that I've seen about female blood elves is not that they look "masculine." It's that they look "prepubescent." (I've seen the one "twelve-year-old boy" comment, and I-don't-know-how-many "twelve-year-old girl" comments.)
Now, I've seen the occasional RP or fanfic where a draenei/troll/orc character mistakes the gender of a male blood elf...but that's not quite the same.
Farseer Lolotea • talk • contrib 13:33, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
As you probably noticed, I removed that part from the page. I didn't think it was relevant that much, and if I may say my own opinion, the blood elf female model isn't manly or pre-adolescent. Unhealthily skinny maybe, but in official- and fan art usually drawn with more flesh on them, and as it says on the lore page they're supposed to be exaggarated stereotype of "godly beauty" just like the males. --RocketBrother (talk) 18:40, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- I also took the liberty to remove the info on their underwear from the article. For I have no idea why would be anyone interested in knowing that, and if they are, why wouldn't they be capable of just starting the game themselves.. --RocketBrother (talk) 12:07, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
No more TappingEdit
As of patch 3.0.2 which came out yesterday, Blood Elves no longer get mana tap. I found this out for myself with my BE. I then created a new character and leveled up to two and found out the old mana tap quest has been changed so that all you have to do is use arcane Torrent on one of the mana wyrms. Arcane Torrent now restores 6% of all mana in and on it's own. Meneldir (talk) 13:52, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
- I found this out soon after the patch too. To be honest i feel kinda upset about it. I liked the Mana Tap ability; it seemed to fit the blood elves' common character pretty well. It feels kinda like the elves have been downsized without it.
Blood Elf guards Edit
"All blood elf guards are male unlike the other races of Azeroth". I just wanted to point out that this statement is inaccurate, as dwarven guards are exclusively male as well. So I'm going to change this, unless anyone has any reason not to.21:54, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Technically thats true. All Ironforge Guards are male. However, there are female Mountaineers and other guards around Ironforge and throughout Dun Morogh. The thing about the blood elf "guards" is that they have a unique model- all the ones that use the "spellbreaker" model are male- there is no female version.
- So you might change it to something like "blood elf guards have a unique model that is exclusively male, as opposed to most guards in capital cities." I wonder if its worth mentioning that there arent any female goblin bruisers in any of the Steamwheedle Cartel towns either.--Blayaden (talk) 01:30, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Usually Neutral? Edit
- They were "usually Neutral" at the time of the citation, Monster Guide, so it is before the blood elves joined the Horde. Rolandius (talk - contr) 06:00, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
A New Blood Elf Edit
Death Knight Blood Elves = High Elves? Edit
It is known that the most easily noticeable difference between High Elves and Blood Elves is the color of their eyes- High Elves have blue eyes and Blood Elves have green eyes. Yet.. I have noticed that Blood Elf Death Knights ALL have blue eyes. So... are they actually High Elves did this happen when they un-died? Maybe they died before the High Elves became Blood Elves (or at least started to use demonic power as their arcane source). What do you think? --Ankalian (talk) 23:46, April 4, 2010 (UTC)