Doesnt it state in Tides of Darkness that Orgrim smashed Blackhand's head in with the Doomhammer? Yet on this page it makes inferences to his head being cut off instead. Anyone know the true story? Lodra 23:15, 28 February 2008 (UTC)
- He could easily have done both, i.e. dispatching him with a blow to the head and then cutting it off to punctuate his victory. -- Dark T Zeratul 23:25, 28 February 2008 (UTC)
Here's something I'm rather confused about. I could be wrong, but in Tides of Darkness doesn't it say that Orgrim officially challenged Blackhand for the rule of the Horde when Gul'dan went into his coma? It's just this article states that he lead a surprise attack instead. Any clarification? Thanks :) Warchiefthrall 22:23, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
The ToD novel says this: [Doomhammer]] had not been pleased at being forced to kill Blackhand. He had been the warchief’s Second and sworn to fight beside him, not against him. But tradition allowed a warrior to challenge his chieftain for supremacy and Doomhammer had finally been forced to take that route. He had won, as he knew he must, and with the blow that crushed Blackhand’s skull he had taken control of their clan—and of the Horde.]] However, The History of Orcish Ascension specifies a surprise attack, and indeed the game shows shows something different.
Actually, by making it a duel in single combat rather than backstabbing it makes Doomhammer seem a more honourable character, which gels more with the way Doomhammer has been portrayed since Warcraft 2 was released. Xarantaur (talk) 22:01, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
Was Blackhand killed by Orgrim or by the shadow council?Edit
In the eight mission of Warcraft Orcs & Humans it is told that the shadow council ordered the assesination of Blackhand and ascends you (Orgrim) to Warchief of the Horde, then in Tides of Darkness and in Warcraft II manual it is told that Orgrim kill him.Benitoperezgaldos 03:27, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
- That's what's called a retcon. -- Dark T Zeratul 09:26, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
I have a question... Edit
Why did Blackhand become chieftain of the Blackrock clan and not Orgirm Doomhammer, since Doomhammer's father was the former chieftain?
- I was probbaly to young to lead at that time.
- Or Ogrim wasn't as respected as the stories claim.
- - Ouroborosi 09:00, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
How old is Blackhand Edit
- Well, he was killed in both timelines... Are you asking how old was he when he died? -- (talk · contr) 10 May 2017 3:06 PM Pacific
- Blackhand was actually killed in 3 timelines:
- In general, since there are few known dates for what happened on Draenor, it is very hard to tell how old Blackhand was in any case. Not as old as Gul'dan, but probably older than Durotan and Orgrim. -- (talk · contr) 11 May 2017 10:29 AM Pacific